Poll

Should there be a ranged cap???

Yes
No

Author Topic: ADD A FUCKING RANGED CAP ALREADY  (Read 23839 times)

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
Re: ADD A FUCKING RANGED CAP ALREADY
« Reply #135 on: July 08, 2014, 09:43:12 pm »
+1
a good solution would be to disable the movement of an archer if he has his bow stringed, right now a lot of archers can run, and then do a 180 turn while they string their bow and shoot.

I suggested such a thing, but tydeus said it was changing core mechanics..
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Panos_

• იოსებ ბესარიონის ძე სტალინი
  • King
  • Renown: 2006
  • Infamy: 885
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • Come and get couched, Turk!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vyzantion (Palaiologos Era)
  • Game nicks: Panos_the_TurkSlayer
  • IRC nick: THE_PANOS
« Reply #136 on: July 08, 2014, 09:44:38 pm »
+1
Tydeus is a shitlord then
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 08, 2014, 09:46:14 pm »
Hmm, what I said was a bit more difficult, a movement restriction upon drawing a bow might be possible, though.

Idk, im not good with 1's and 0's
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #138 on: July 08, 2014, 09:53:24 pm »
+1
Another thing about flags is if there are more than 1 ranged you can get shot to pieces even with a shield. What if flags spawned with some cover around them? Maybe drop some siege shields or make a box around them with a few entrances
Because ranged can just as easily use that to their advantage. I've seen ranged get pushed off of flags quite a bit, and I've also seen cavalry retake flags. You do something like that and cav will have to dismount once MotF spawns. We talked about stuff like this when we were first discussing the change to MotF spawn mechanics, it's clear what the result of that discussion was.

Your initial statement is the reason why we wanted to test MotF spawning immediately at the start of every round. MotF forces combat into a strategically vulnerable location (most of the time). While there's nothing necessarily wrong with this, it often results in ranged being able to take free shots at melee due to it spawning after most people have already died; since archers are always in the back, they're generally the last to die. Having MotF spawn significantly earlier in the round would allow for teams to better fortify and prepare their flag defense. First round instant spawn MotF rarely ended with ranged shooting flag defenders to pieces.

(click to show/hide)
Ideas aren't the problem. There are hundreds of things that "could" address the issue, unfortunately very few are actually feasible (developer activity/motivation/interest, engine modability, etc.) While your example would work, it would completely change what we think of as "battle", and is therefore not a real solution capable of "fixing" battle. Just as Conquest would completely change that as well (why I said I'd look into conquest). Battle is flawed by design. Yes, it's fun and far more rewarding than siege, but that doesn't change the fact that it's still clearly flawed. If we didn't have a pub(na/eu1) and cRPG Battle was only a gamemode played competitively, there wouldn't be much of an issue. But this just isn't the case.

I wish that we could balance through maps, I've wished that for over two years now. Alas, simply wishing gets you nowhere, and I'm not about to make 20+ maps. I've made one before, and it's not really something I care to do again.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #139 on: July 08, 2014, 10:09:14 pm »
+5
Proximity based xp/gold system. Forces them to be close to the battle. The tick system had its run, now bring back the fun side of crpg again.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #140 on: July 08, 2014, 10:24:21 pm »
+3
To be completely honest i think people are making ranged look stronger than they really are. Very rarely do i see ranged winning a round, most of the time its infantry demolishing the other sides infantry. I think ive lost more rounds due to having less infantry and more ranged on my team compared to winning due to having a higher amount of ranged.

And when i see ranged actually clutch a round and win, its because the enemies dont hide and wait for flags, no they charge even if they dont have shields. Ofcourse some maps dont really have cover, but then i feel like you should have atleast brought a shield, kinda like how cav doesnt really work in a city map.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 10:35:27 pm by Gravoth_iii »
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #141 on: July 08, 2014, 10:25:41 pm »
+2
false, false, false, dubious and false.

Have you actually tried to 1h stab once in your life ?
No.  Which direction is stab?

http://i.imgur.com/y3Bsj2p.jpg
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #142 on: July 08, 2014, 10:40:30 pm »
missile speed just nerf it,
in planetside 2 some carbines and most of the tanks have slower missile velocity than most of the bows in crpg
like seriously!
then all cod cs kids will swich to melee masterace lifestyle

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #143 on: July 08, 2014, 10:58:55 pm »
missile speed just nerf it,
in planetside 2 some carbines and most of the tanks have slower missile velocity than most of the bows in crpg
like seriously!
then all cod cs kids will swich to melee masterace lifestyle

Or quit the game entirely.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.

Offline Battlepriest

• Scene Manager
  • Renown: 440
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • hi how are you doing
    • View Profile
  • Faction: hesse
  • Game nicks: hesse_judie, skot_judas
  • IRC nick: sweet potato
« Reply #144 on: July 08, 2014, 11:59:18 pm »
Hey guys! Judas here, just stopping by to say this

Offline Renegat

• Baron
  • Renown: 105
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 09, 2014, 12:55:35 am »
+2
Hello !

Thomek can seem pretty "direct" in the way he says it, but in deep, i totally agree with him. Archers need a nerf and there's no discussion to have about it, just look at facts, eu1 30 players while siege 75 players. Even me, who's a shielder and battle lover, play siege now ... I don't care how you nerf it, just do something to make this class less attractive.

Oh, and i also have to speak about something which annoyed me a bit. Could we do something about those fucking HA cunts who delay every fucking single round?
Indeed, it's kinda frustrating for an inf player who just get raped by tons of archers/HA to have to wait one more minute before playing again, just because a fucking little selfish HA cunt decides to continue playing an already lost round. That was forbidden back in the time, wasn't it? Or at least HA had enough respect for those who were waiting and just suicide charged the ennemie team. But now we have to wait until the cunt does an error or run out of arrows. And they fucking get valour for that !
"Oh but renegat, you can just wait for the flag to go up you know =)"
Those flags don't work half of the time, and i don't get why i would wait for an already lost round just because a fucking bitch wants to get his shitty valour.
Admins, change your fucking laxist policy and kick those bastards as soon as they start making poeple wait, they make eu_1 even more shitty !
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 12:59:34 am by Renegat »

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 09, 2014, 01:00:32 am »
+2
See devs, even Renegat posts on the forums - shit is serious.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 09, 2014, 01:20:19 am »
Almost 70 players right now, and its very late. You guys are just pulling these low population numbers out of your ass, probably when there are strat battles.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 09, 2014, 01:26:07 am »
+3
Almost 70 players right now, and its very late. You guys are just pulling these low population numbers out of your ass, probably when there are strat battles.

Warn us when the "ADD A FUCKING MELEE CAP ALREADY" thread reaches 11 pages of almost unanimous "yes please".

Offline LordRichrich

• Count
  • Renown: 297
  • Infamy: 115
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 09, 2014, 01:34:41 am »
+2
I don't get it, I really don't, the ferocity with which people defend ranged. It's not a good mechanic compared to melee, you're missing out on a core aspect of the game while making everyone mad at you.

IMO, reduce damage, accuracy and missile speed but DECREASE the weight effect on wpf, so archers can wear heavier armour. This SHOULD encourage archers to stick around in their heavier armour for the fight and slow their run speed.
Also make all bows unusable on horseback, as well as xbows and throwing weapons. Who cares that it screws over a minority of the playerbase, refund them their build, items and looms. They roiutinley enjoy dicking over players on battle by making the vast majority wait.

But whatever, won't happen.

The get a shield argument doesn't really apply, you'll still get shot to bits in melee or if there 2 archers targetting you, you're dead.