Poll

Should there be a ranged cap???

Yes
No

Author Topic: ADD A FUCKING RANGED CAP ALREADY  (Read 23847 times)

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
Re: ADD A FUCKING RANGED CAP ALREADY
« Reply #60 on: July 08, 2014, 02:02:50 am »
+2
It baffles me that people so seemingly experienced still pretend that's true.

Works when i do it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Radament

• King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • ☑Yes ☒No
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction
  • Game nicks: «Radament» «Miasma»
« Reply #61 on: July 08, 2014, 02:08:06 am »
"made a ranged STF (shame on me) , joined eu_1 , felt guilty ."
12/10 cRPG

seriously , what makes ranged so funny ? i can't blame new players that sucks blocking but jeesus i already saw too many crpg melee veterans converting to ranged scummery. [STAHP] !

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #62 on: July 08, 2014, 02:13:46 am »
+4
Class limits are lame, nerfs are unnecessary since Ranged isn't really OP, and adjusting stats would never fix that.

If Tydeus and friends want to get a little more ambitious instead of spending their time tweaking cRPG by skullfucking animations, they should try to polish up Siege 2.0, or rework it into a more proper Conquest/Domination gametype with respawns, three flags, and ticket respawns.

There, 90 percent of all complaints about the game go away. All classes have their place. HA harrass infantry traveling to flags.. ranged defend a flag or suppress defenders. Infantry take and hold ground. Cav be cav wherever they want. Fun, full battlefield from the beginning to end of every round. So much less rage at the game. Much more fun for casual playing.
Maybe if our maps were not so god damn open in 90% of the battlefield, we wouldn't have such frequent imbalances.
The only two posts I find truly agreeable in this entire thread.

I might start (meaning I've never looked at the scripts before) checking out conquest, but don't hold your breath.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Dark_Blade

• Count
  • Renown: 210
  • Infamy: 100
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Dark_Blade, Fallen_Templar_the_Grey, Jeric_Whistlebone
« Reply #63 on: July 08, 2014, 02:43:02 am »
+3
add it and set to 0

Offline Lemon_

• Earl
  • Renown: 343
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 08, 2014, 02:55:23 am »
+1
Shorten the length of time in which the crosshairs are at their minimal size (or highest accuracy). This will cause the need for players to aim precisely at a target, and at a bodypart of said target. I believe that this will cause "newer" or "worse" archers (AKA the people who play ranged because they suck d*ck at melee) to decrease in numbers, as they will be bad at aiming. However, those who are good at archery, and are dedicated archers, will still be able to play their OP f@g class, providing they can aim sufficiently.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 08, 2014, 07:20:37 am »
+3

I might start (meaning I've never looked at the scripts before) checking out conquest, but don't hold your breath.

Sure so we just play a whole different game just because of ranged..kind of like people are doing anyway

People don't want conquest, they want less OP ranged
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline LordLargos

• Count
  • Renown: 279
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn (Lord,X-Champion)
  • Game nicks: Largos the Weaboo Wrangler, HoC Lord Largos
« Reply #66 on: July 08, 2014, 07:27:52 am »
+1
Perhaps if heavy cav wasn't nerfed into oblivion and our once cherished steeds robbed of value the fools would be put to the sword.
Well, this doesn't look good for you. Four team kills - definitely intentional, Appeared to be afk more than once in the video.Also kicking people off of walls is grieving! don't do it.... but ill let you off with a warning this time, only because I don't like largos anyway.

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #67 on: July 08, 2014, 11:57:47 am »
+1

I hope you arent serious about changing siege into a domination game.
Smoothrich's three flag system will completely remove any siege aspect, itll be just a dm.

Here: http://forum.melee.org/suggestions-corner/conquest-61012/

Good maps and flag positioning, respawn timers in favour of the attackers, etc.

3 flag system isnt siege.. There needs to be an emphasize on fortresses
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 12:01:36 pm by Joseph Porta »
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Herezy92

• Earl
  • Renown: 414
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Frog
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Herezy
« Reply #68 on: July 08, 2014, 11:58:22 am »
+2
(click to show/hide)
Eu_1 is so dead since 2 days, 18v18 or less...
Where are all the players ? ===> EU_2.
This is a revelant case of our current situation.

The devs want to allow all different medieval playstyle in this mod.
But don't you see the bad effects ?
Yes some players will enjoy those fucking shit class. But while ONE ranged is enjoying his class, he is pissing off 3-4 other guys.
What is more frustrating in this game than being killed by something that you can't manage to fight ?
Mount & Blade is all about this : Managing enemies and being able to fight many enemies.
When you die in melee, at least you tried to survive as long as possible and you did something. It's not like you are taking random arrows from nowhere.

And what's happening, when it's archer's fest in EU_1 ?
The players leave. (No one likes being raped shot and can't be able to do anything.)
Even worse, we are losing great budies because they are so pissed by ranged that they prefer to leave. @ RIP Tor. :(

(click to show/hide)
This

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 08, 2014, 12:10:00 pm »

We also have a game mode (Siege) that is the absolute historical reason why range became so godlike and important, and promotes that style of play.

Hmm, I find archer spam on siege far less irritating, but thats probably due to objects and stuff to hide behind, as you said.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline jtobiasm

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Tobi
« Reply #70 on: July 08, 2014, 12:22:35 pm »
So from what I've read on this thread, there isn't enough range on eu2.

Cheers guys, i'll let my archer buddies know.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 08, 2014, 12:24:06 pm »
+1
So from what I've read on this thread, there isn't enough range on eu2.

Cheers guys, i'll let my archer buddies know.

You havent been on eu 2 then  :lol: quincy fgts everywhere

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline F i n

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1148
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Hi
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fin
  • IRC nick: Fin
« Reply #72 on: July 08, 2014, 12:51:29 pm »
+8
Hmm, I find archer spam on siege far less irritating, but thats probably due to objects and stuff to hide behind, as you said.

And because surviving is not your main objective & you have more lives.

I just hate, that EU 1 is either waiting half the round for your team's archers to kill the ones in the enemy team or die charging. Battle's become boring

Those are the main problems if u ask me:

1) Most of the Archers are able to outrun Infantry, or are just camping roofs, hills, towers.
2) There's just too many Archers - and most of the time even UNbalanced to one team, while the other team gets cav.
3) Archery is way too easy - that's no offense vs. our Archerpro's - hitting heads etc. IS hard - and always will be, but the pinpoint acc. makes this class quite alluring to new players. Maybe they won't kill everyone, but they can ineed stun / interrupt players - because hitting the body isn't really hard - even on high distance.
4) High Lvl Archers don't need to "specialize" - the hybrid builds are far to viable.
5) Archery doesn't have any true counterpart - shields, yes - but they become useless quite fast as soon as there's 4 archers / 1 shielder - which is just the case atm.
6) The Flag system forces Players to leave their cover - which is nothing else than a forced death.

Possible Solution:

1) Remove all highground - excluding hills. Archers shouldn't be able to stand on a steep rock slope, shooting arrows at everyone and everything. Same goes for towers / roofs WITHOUT a ladder - and i mean those big siege ladders, not the small slowmotionclimbing ones / walls, carts etc.

2) Adjust the Balance - include classbalance into the bannerbalance system - which gives both teams a fair chance, by giving them a similar class-set.

3) Adjust (decrease) the time for accurate shots to a minimum - while increasing the accuracy during that moment - and at the same time massively decrease the accuracy before and after the "sweetspot". That would require some personal player skill, without touching the damage potential. Would also decrease the effectivity of new archers - regardless of their strength, build etc. (would be a similar approach to the melee system, where Player skill always will be more important than the build.

4) PS and PD are connected - More PS/PD resolves in less effective PD/PS - (statwise, not touching the requirements for bows) - More Melee damage, less ranged damage - more ranged damage, less melee damage. Specialized archers are rewarded with more damage however are weakened in melee situations, while hybrid archers have to weigh up their build more carefully.

5) Resurrect Heavy Cav. / Disable requirements for shields with less than / or 2 shieldskill.

6) Either Remove the Flag system completely, or fix the positions. Let flags only spawn in places where cover is available - OR just add some obstacles to the flagposts. Also: Flagposts should spawn at the beginning of the round (inactive) - just so ppl know where it will be and maybe can prepare, get siege shields, clear the area of archers BEFORE it's to late, place their own archers there. This might change the headless chicken rapetrains too - because now you kind of have an objective.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 12:56:25 pm by Finuad »
"Life was easier as a borderline alcoholic." (chadz, 2016)

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #73 on: July 08, 2014, 12:55:53 pm »
+7
4) PS and PD are connected - More PS/PD resolves in less effective PD/PS - (statwise, not touching the requirements for bows) - More Melee damage, less ranged damage - more ranged damage, less melee damage.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 08, 2014, 01:00:31 pm »
+3

Maybe if our maps were not so god damn open in 90% of the battlefield, we wouldn't have such frequent imbalances.

We also have a game mode (Siege) that is the absolute historical reason why range became so godlike and important, and promotes that style of play.

The problem of battle is that most "open" maps have terrain that prevents cavalry from doing its job, and as a result give a huge advantage to ranged. A proper battlefield (open and flat) would not have this problem.

I mostly play siege, and while the respawns prevent ranged from breaking the game completely, they are still extremely irritating and very hard to kill. In my opinion there are only two effective, responsible and sustainable ways to hard counter ranged :

• teamkilling them, usually by nudging them off walls
  • sneaking to the enemy spawn with a shield and spawnkilling them

Either method requires some collaboration from all melee players on the server, but most have enough common sense for that.