Poll

Should there be a ranged cap???

Yes
No

Author Topic: ADD A FUCKING RANGED CAP ALREADY  (Read 23833 times)

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
Re: ADD A FUCKING RANGED CAP ALREADY
« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2014, 11:24:40 pm »
+3
i remember good old times when heavy cav wasnt fucked up, oh boy it was fun decreasing ranged numbers and watch them rage and than GTX but those days are long gone since some people thing heavy cav was OP and had to be killed. R.I.A. ( rest in armoury) my sweet plated charger.
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline Strudog

• Marshall
  • Renown: 922
  • Infamy: 361
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • A Dog
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Britfag
  • Game nicks: Strudog
« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2014, 11:36:30 pm »
i really think people got mixed up with Heavy cav and their huge damage output. If we saw a reduction to the speed bonus and the damage made by 1h/2h cav then i would be fine with a cav revert, but for now, seeing no tank 1 hitters is a positive for me.
This is the internet.
Men are men
Women are men
Little girls are FBI agents.
Those are the rules no?

Offline Prinz_Karl

• Earl
  • Renown: 383
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Fridericus_II
« Reply #47 on: July 07, 2014, 11:45:06 pm »
Give every player the ability to use low tier shields.

And that ranged cap seems like a good idea, stop already complaining about the discomforts of archers when actually not doing it means discomforts for any other player, so I don't get that part. Same with horsearchers: Pretty sure the main concept of the dev team is to make a convincing medieval combat game with every class possible, but don't you see the down effects? While one player might be happy to play this class maybe 3 other players are unhappy to use theirs.

Would I be unhappy if I couldn't play horsearcher or an one-shooting archer? No, because I didn't expect to be a freaking Legolas or other hero when starting this game. I think this also goes for mostly every new player.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #48 on: July 07, 2014, 11:46:40 pm »
i remember good old times when heavy cav wasnt fucked up, oh boy it was fun decreasing ranged numbers and watch them rage and than GTX but those days are long gone since some people thing heavy cav was OP and had to be killed. R.I.A. ( rest in armoury) my sweet plated charger.

I'd rather be fighting a team of ranged than a team of heavy cav(prenerf).
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 995
  • Infamy: 483
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #49 on: July 07, 2014, 11:47:28 pm »
+5
i endorse the ranged nerf

Offline Panos_

• იოსებ ბესარიონის ძე სტალინი
  • King
  • Renown: 2006
  • Infamy: 885
  • Come and get couched, Turk!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vyzantion (Palaiologos Era)
  • Game nicks: Panos_the_TurkSlayer
  • IRC nick: THE_PANOS
« Reply #50 on: July 07, 2014, 11:51:32 pm »
+3
I'd rather be fighting a team of ranged than a team of heavy cav(prenerf).

I don`t know why people whine so much about cav, with basic footwork you can easily kill a mounted enemy, due to the speed bonus.

But yeah, you`re right, I also prefer getting killed from a shitlord who thinks that he`s Robin Hood and cant block more than 2 hits in a row, rather from a guy who needs to think before attacking, because he risks getting killed from a single blow

Offline Strudog

• Marshall
  • Renown: 922
  • Infamy: 361
  • A Dog
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Britfag
  • Game nicks: Strudog
« Reply #51 on: July 07, 2014, 11:57:46 pm »
+1
I don`t know why people whine so much about cav, with basic footwork you can easily kill a mounted enemy, due to the speed bonus.

But yeah, you`re right, I also prefer getting killed from a shitlord who thinks that he`s Robin Hood and cant block more than 2 hits in a row, rather from a guy who needs to think before attacking, because he risks getting killed from a single blow

i dont think the complaint is about 1v1 against heavy cav, Heavy cav got way out of proportion like archers have, not being able to attack 3-5 heavy cav at once and pretty much beinng one hitted, or being couched or 1hitted from behind was not very fun.
This is the internet.
Men are men
Women are men
Little girls are FBI agents.
Those are the rules no?

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #52 on: July 08, 2014, 12:07:31 am »

I said a team of heavy cav not a single guy. Getting constantly bumped whenever you try to fight infantry, or simply one shot. Or combine the 2 for my favourite bumpfest into 1 hit death when on the ground. Archers headshotting 1 hitting is so much more rare than a horseman 1 shotting someone who was busy fighting.

As for the horse ranged i feel they are countered in a sense by flag spawns, because most of the time they wont be able to take down the ones capping before its too late.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 12:21:25 am by Gravoth_iii »
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
Re: ADD A FUCKING RANGED CAP ALREADYip
« Reply #53 on: July 08, 2014, 12:26:12 am »
why do we have to get shields? why cant the range stop being pussies and fight.

I dont want to change my style of fighting because people are too scare to get dirty.

I think this is sarcasm?

If so, you can use the change style of fighting funny comment but the hard fact is that it affects the server population.. The second ranged gets to an amount where it gets too frustrating (incase you wondering 5 archers in one team shooting unloomed bodkins can fire 150 arrows using a long bow and with 1 slot NO weapon even more, which seems like alot to me, alot of legolas') people start leaving, and the concentration of ranged gets even worse.

Surely you wont see a shitload leave, but the way ranged is atm is just fucking gay ass shit.

But then again there is hardly no way for ranged to exist in a cool and realistic way.. Its just the fact that playing it in videogame style allows for kiting and stuff, a normal archers would hardly start running and make 5 meter(not alot irl) distance before drawing his bow(on the move ofc fo realszzzzzzzzz) and doing a 180 quickscope in your face.

I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Torost

• Count
  • Renown: 292
  • Infamy: 109
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 08, 2014, 12:57:53 am »
Without ranged the battles become boring. The randomness of an arrow to the head is the only counter to the masters of rock-paper-scissors.

If crpg had a set classes where ranged always wore medium-light armor and only ran at 80% speed of infantry me thinks battle would be more fun.

Proper tools for real teamwork would also help, but I suspect that your average 2hand hero is not that keen on deviating from gankmode anyway.

CHARGE!!!!

Offline tizzango

• Earl
  • Renown: 406
  • Infamy: 83
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 08, 2014, 01:17:30 am »
There is a phrase/word that has a new filter, and the filter is "GTX".

I have no idea what it is.

I'll report here when I find it guys, don't worry.

The filter is "rage.quit", without the dot.

______

As for the ranged malarky, hasn't it been the same back and forth argument for about 2 years now.

Get a new game mode, spice it up a bit. I'm not sure how the new game mode would help decrease ranged population, but whatever.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 01:21:39 am by tizzango »

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #56 on: July 08, 2014, 01:27:34 am »
+6
why do we have to get shields? why cant the range stop being pussies and fight.

I dont want to change my style of fighting because people are too scare to get dirty.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh the god damn irony of this community... Not sure i this is well-placed sarcasm, or the usual stupidity anymore that is so prevalent in this community due to the masses being so spoiled with the frequent game-changing overhauls that the first thought is "We can ask to patch away whatever bothers me!"
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 01:30:43 am by Tears of Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 08, 2014, 01:29:20 am »
+2
Just make stf shielders, suddenly archers not that stronk anymore.

It baffles me that people so seemingly experienced still pretend that's true.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #58 on: July 08, 2014, 01:32:38 am »
+1
Maybe if our maps were not so god damn open in 90% of the battlefield, we wouldn't have such frequent imbalances.

We also have a game mode (Siege) that is the absolute historical reason why range became so godlike and important, and promotes that style of play.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline //saxon

• King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • I'm just to dam goood 😎
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Saxon
« Reply #59 on: July 08, 2014, 01:56:03 am »
+4
RIP Nord_Tor.

The ranged took you away from us, to never return on EU_1, let us hope we see the ghost of you some day.

you will always be remembered my brother.. my Captain.. My king.

« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 02:09:09 am by Saxon. »