Poll

Should there be a ranged cap???

Yes
No

Author Topic: ADD A FUCKING RANGED CAP ALREADY  (Read 21903 times)

Offline Shemaforash

• Duke
  • Renown: 533
  • Infamy: 169
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shemaforash
Re: ADD A FUCKING RANGED CAP ALREADY
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2014, 09:34:21 pm »
JESUS FUCKING CHRIST ADD A RANGED CAP ALREADY

There are no classes in cRPG though, only heroes.
You should be punished for having a shitty attitude.

Offline Knitler

• Earl
  • Renown: 456
  • Infamy: 91
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Worlds Cutest Dictator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2014, 09:34:45 pm »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Panos_

• იოსებ ბესარიონის ძე სტალინი
  • King
  • Renown: 2006
  • Infamy: 885
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • Come and get couched, Turk!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vyzantion (Palaiologos Era)
  • Game nicks: Panos_the_TurkSlayer
  • IRC nick: THE_PANOS
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2014, 09:35:09 pm »
There are no classes in cRPG though, only heroes.

yeah, and you aint one  :wink:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline PsychoTwins

• Earl
  • Renown: 453
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: FarmerBob, NinjaBob, 20PingIsHardBob, StrIsHardBob, HaxorBob
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2014, 09:43:59 pm »
+1
A different mod of this game, Napoleonic Wars, has a cap for certain types of troops which I think would work well. They should probably use the character chooser NW uses too so when you join the server and your class is capped you can just pick another build.
Here, dear crpg folk, we have an honest man who doesn't conceal the truth out of the fear of getting nerfed. He surely deserves a round of heartfelt applause.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2014, 09:44:12 pm »
+22
Class limits are lame, nerfs are unnecessary since Ranged isn't really OP, and adjusting stats would never fix that.

If Tydeus and friends want to get a little more ambitious instead of spending their time tweaking cRPG by skullfucking animations, they should try to polish up Siege 2.0, or rework it into a more proper Conquest/Domination gametype with respawns, three flags, and ticket respawns.

I still can't imagine it being THAT complicated. Take Field by the River or some other popular, open map. Add three siege flags, around both spawns and in the middle. Import Strategus tickets, and make them drain both from deaths and from not holding enough flags. Tune it for 5-10 minute rounds, with the same XP system.

There, 90 percent of all complaints about the game go away. All classes have their place. HA harrass infantry traveling to flags.. ranged defend a flag or suppress defenders. Infantry take and hold ground. Cav be cav wherever they want. Fun, full battlefield from the beginning to end of every round. So much less rage at the game. Much more fun for casual playing.

Fucking do it instead of retweaking the Sweet Spot Animation Hilt Density Algorithim of the pitchfork for 100 hours
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Panos_

• იოსებ ბესარიონის ძე სტალინი
  • King
  • Renown: 2006
  • Infamy: 885
  • Come and get couched, Turk!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vyzantion (Palaiologos Era)
  • Game nicks: Panos_the_TurkSlayer
  • IRC nick: THE_PANOS
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2014, 09:47:47 pm »
A different mod of this game, Napoleonic Wars, has a cap for certain types of troops which I think would work well. They should probably use the character chooser NW uses too so when you join the server and your class is capped you can just pick another build.

Add a ranged cap, and give a free respec to every ranged player.

Class limits are lame, nerfs are unnecessary since Ranged isn't really OP, and adjusting stats would never fix that.

If Tydeus and friends want to get a little more ambitious instead of spending their time tweaking cRPG by skullfucking animations, they should try to polish up Siege 2.0, or rework it into a more proper Conquest/Domination gametype with respawns, three flags, and ticket respawns.

I still can't imagine it being THAT complicated. Take Field by the River or some other popular, open map. Add three siege flags, around both spawns and in the middle. Import Strategus tickets, and make them drain both from deaths and from not holding enough flags. Tune it for 5-10 minute rounds, with the same XP system.

There, 90 percent of all complaints about the game go away. All classes have their place. HA harrass infantry traveling to flags.. ranged defend a flag or suppress defenders. Infantry take and hold ground. Cav be cav wherever they want. Fun, full battlefield from the beginning to end of every round. So much less rage at the game. Much more fun for casual playing.

Fucking do it instead of retweaking the Sweet Spot Animation Hilt Density Algorithim of the pitchfork for 100 hours

SMART IDEA MAN!!!

KILL THE FAVOURITE MODE OF THE MAJORITY ,  BECAUSE OF RANGED!

GENIUS!

Offline Sari

• Duke
  • Renown: 507
  • Infamy: 111
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2014, 09:49:16 pm »
+1

What about the HAs that destory half the team? Harassing is not killing but more like delaying. What about 3 range that's take out the other half has didnt get?

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2014, 10:14:44 pm »
+2
What about the HAs that destory half the team? Harassing is not killing but more like delaying. What about 3 range that's take out the other half has didnt get?

Delaying is only possible in Battle mode, there's no way to delay a ticket-based gametype. Also there are no HA that are destroying half a team by themselves, except when Rohypnol was at his HX prime. HA arrows barely even damage you if you wear armor. Your last sentence is horrible english and barely decipherable, but still sounds like bullshit.

SMART IDEA MAN!!!

KILL THE FAVOURITE MODE OF THE MAJORITY ,  BECAUSE OF RANGED!

GENIUS!

Funny your OP screencap shows nearly 3x the players on Siege than on Battle.

Also I bet the majority of players would say a well-geared Strategus battle on a good map is their favorite mode, it definitely is mine. Objectives, respawns, teamwork.. Domination/Conquest could capture this way better than Battle, without the headaches of Strat management.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2014, 10:26:35 pm »
+3
I have to say it, and this thread seems to be the perfect place for that. I always raged at cavs, but also, I rage even more at fucking ranged now, can't fire two arrows without being shot. I don't know how to do it, but nerf the fucking speed of nomad bow already, it'd be a good start.

Althought adding a cap is a shit idea, I support the fact there are too fucking much archers/horse archers.

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2014, 10:34:31 pm »
I remember some Native servers had a ranged cap. It actually worked out pretty well.
Yeah, but the small difference with cRPG is that you can't just choose another class if there's too much ranged on the server. So no, it's not a good idea for cRPG.

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2014, 10:35:07 pm »
add better 0 slot 0-1skill shields and win (or don't play if you rage at ranged)
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2014, 10:37:24 pm »
Just make stf shielders, suddenly archers not that stronk anymore.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline korppis

• Earl
  • Renown: 404
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninja
« Reply #42 on: July 07, 2014, 10:42:59 pm »
Well, older ranged players could just switch into melee alts for a while? I understand why new players might want to play ranged.. that's what I started with as well, because you can actually do some damage with it instead of dying all the time in melee.

Also it might get better once they get conquest mode fixed. We need more casual game modes with objectives!   8-)

Offline korppis

• Earl
  • Renown: 404
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninja
« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2014, 10:49:47 pm »
+4
About the ranged cap... that would be stupid idea. Restricting people from playing what they want is always wrong path. Besides what if someone only plays once in a while, and never gets in game because die hard grinders already used up all the slots?

There's class cap in RO and back when I played it, there was a lot of bitching and grieving about the sniper class for example. I could imagine poll abuse and tk's to kick some poor guy out so that a clan friend can take his place.

Offline Riddaren

• Duke
  • Renown: 601
  • Infamy: 298
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Riddaren, Matthaus
« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2014, 11:22:39 pm »
The problem when it's too much ranged, is that it's very tempting to go ranged yourself to counter it, which seems to be what people do.
I do it myself when I feel like that. You would think shielders can counter archers but... archers will of course spread out and you will get shoot from the sides.
So you need 1 shielder for every archer to counter them.

I do not think that shield protection should be increased though. It's realistic and fine as it is.
But balance wise it would be better if shielders had better protection horizontally.

One question though, why does even the smallest of shields cover 100% vertically (the whole body)?
Shouldn't anything be done about that already?

Archers with other arrows than bodkins should not injure high armor targets as easily as they do now.
They should glance/deflect making 0 damage most of the time.

After that change you can increase bodkin price by 200%.

ps
I voted no.