Poll

Does Allers deserve to be permabanned for debatably leeching (not trying) because he has a history of bans?

Yes
72 (37.9%)
No
118 (62.1%)

Total Members Voted: 189

Author Topic: stand united with allers against bad admins  (Read 27571 times)

Offline OssumPawesome

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 57
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: stand united with allers against bad admins
« Reply #345 on: July 08, 2014, 04:24:54 am »
+5
wtf permabanned allers? over leeching?
fuck that.

Offline Kaoklai

• Tournament Champion
  • Earl
  • Renown: 400
  • Infamy: 285
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Free Huey
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: July 08, 2014, 04:49:02 am »
+2
Heh, Oberyn still harboring resentment over the days when cRPG was EU only and Allers would still rape him. 

I wonder what this much alluded to admin "debate" looked like with at least 2 of NA's active admins (San and Witchfägggot), out of a small handful, apparently disagreeing with a permanent ban.   
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

ps, I don't actually wonder that much, I have a pretty good idea already. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #347 on: July 08, 2014, 04:57:30 am »
+1
smoothrich, goretooth, Sandy and I all agree on something. God damn it! either unban the lad or look out for the apocalypse, because it is surely on the way.

+anders +Badplayer

Course I also Dislike ganner a lot. Bastard pulled shit on me and got away with it. Normal people'd have been banned.

Offline Tom Cruise

• Duke
  • Renown: 685
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
  • All I do is shitpost anymore in this game.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tom_Cruise_Dota_Fanatic
  • IRC nick: Tom_Cruise
« Reply #348 on: July 08, 2014, 05:04:20 am »
+2
This shit.....is still going on?

(click to show/hide)

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #349 on: July 08, 2014, 05:05:39 am »
+1
This shit.....is still going on?

(click to show/hide)

if the lemon thread is anything to judge by, we have many pages and weeks left

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: July 08, 2014, 05:08:10 am »
+2
if the lemon thread is anything to judge by, we have many pages and weeks left

Or you can just unban him. I mean, you have the option right on the web page, because only devs can do global bans, so he's still on the regular ban list, just with years for his ban duration, I presume. You said so yourself he shouldn't be permabanned. So why not just uncheck that box, or change the ban date to a week?
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Tom Cruise

• Duke
  • Renown: 685
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
  • All I do is shitpost anymore in this game.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tom_Cruise_Dota_Fanatic
  • IRC nick: Tom_Cruise
« Reply #351 on: July 08, 2014, 05:13:32 am »
+2
The fact that you nerds already responded that quick and Kaoklai already used the up/down vote system someone just shows me how dumb this shit is, just sitting there spamming your stupid fingers on the refresh button.

(click to show/hide)

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #352 on: July 08, 2014, 05:18:32 am »
+1
Or you can just unban him. I mean, you have the option right on the web page, because only devs can do global bans, so he's still on the regular ban list, just with years for his ban duration, I presume. You said so yourself he shouldn't be permabanned. So why not just uncheck that box, or change the ban date to a week?

Because then he will just get rebanned and I will get a warning or my admin removed?? So an anti-permaban admin loses adminship. Sounds like a good idea I'll be right back.

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #353 on: July 08, 2014, 05:24:45 am »
+2
It would set a precedent of the worst fucking loudmouth idiot trolls in the entire game overturning admin decisions just by whining about it enough in some random thread. It has as much chance of suceeding as any of the "UNBAN PANOS" threads, but again I think most everyone knows that. Enjoy the transient, pointless drama that will accomplish nothing.
Except maybe for Smoothrich, who appears to be under the delusion that he's still an admin and wasn't removed for being so fucking terrible at his appointed task.

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • Renown: 604
  • Infamy: 327
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: July 08, 2014, 05:25:04 am »
+5
I'll just say this again since no admin has replied to it yet...

Why keep Allers banned honestly? Unban and it won't happen again 100%... literally this ban is only standing for personal reason like not wanting to unban after banning because it'll make you seem weak, make yourselves feel good with all the power you have, etc. Unban Allers and this won't happen again...? I just really don't understand this

Nothing wrong with going back on an admin decision, I've had admins do that to me a few times, Adoptagoat for example is not a baby and will admit when he did something wrong

Yeah Allers has been banned multiple times? But for leeching? Never...
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 05:37:43 am by Miley »

Offline imisshotmail

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 428
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: July 08, 2014, 06:26:16 am »
+6
Because then he will just get rebanned and I will get a warning or my admin removed?? So an anti-permaban admin loses adminship. Sounds like a good idea I'll be right back.

-

From my experience as former head admin, I've known first hand that admins are often too scared to stick up against the majority for fear of losing their coveted positions of e-power.

When a position of power in an internet game becomes something you are afraid of losing, you've already got to the point where you should be instantly deadminned because every single decision you make is going to be with you worrying that if you do xxx you might lose admin, so you don't do it.

Heres a tip for how not to let your Admin position become something you covet- don't be autistic.
Sadly something almost every current admin fails at.

Offline Palurgee

• Duke
  • Renown: 607
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: palurgee, brokeback_mountaineer, denarii
  • IRC nick: palurgee
« Reply #356 on: July 08, 2014, 06:28:43 am »
+6
just spent the better part of an hour reading through this thread. I'm not going to rehash the same things that have been already said, except the following: permabanning allers for what he "did" is some of the stupidest shit I've ever seen.

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #357 on: July 08, 2014, 06:38:06 am »
+5

Was PARTYBOY afraid to lose his adminsip?  NO.  He did what he knew was right, and we are all better people for it.

Was Jesus afraid to die on the cross?
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: July 08, 2014, 08:22:39 am »
+2
When a position of power in an internet game becomes something you are afraid of losing, you've already got to the point where you should be instantly deadminned because every single decision you make is going to be with you worrying that if you do xxx you might lose admin, so you don't do it.

I am not afraid of losing admin. If I unbanned someone against the agreement of the admin team my action would be reverted and allers would still be banned. Whether the action cost me adminship or not, it would have no effect regarding the ban.

Offline Simon_Belmont

• Baron
  • Renown: 82
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Belmonts and many Warhammer refferencing names
« Reply #359 on: July 08, 2014, 10:53:46 am »
There are multiple reasons you are not allowed to suicide or leech. Players get upset that others are getting the same xp as them without playing. Even if this is a game that is all about grinding, it is unfair that others fight while your only goal is "get killed as fast as I can each round then ignore CRPG." If leeching/suicide was not against the rules, there could be enough leech/suicide players on the server that the team balance would be really fucked up. Players who actually want to play the game would have their experience ruined. With such a small population on NA 1, allowing people to do that would be a bad thing to do.

I think that even with his extensive ban history, even allers should not have been permabanned for this. He should have gotten a lengthly ban, much more than a first time offender. He knew what he was doing, but like others in this thread he probably thought that it was doing no harm and there wasn't any reason not to. I have explained above why this is not the case. I don't want leechers to ruin what is left of crpg, and I don't want to permaban anyone either. I would sooner give up adminship than permanently ban a player. You can quote this to canary I don't give a fuck.

Now downvote me and tell me that I am a rules-lawyer sperg who is obsessed with holding my vast admin powers over regular players. Take a shit down my throat because I enforce rules that make sense and prevent the game from turning into a festering hole of non-players grinding for xp by jumping off a bridge or running into a meatgrinder instead of fighting the enemy. Boo hoo admins touch each other's buttholes and laugh like hyenas as they punish innocent players who don't know any better and didn't break any rules. sperg admin crybaby witchcraft butthurt, unban allers. the days-long logs of him leeching are not enough evidence! give live video feed i am not a troll!!!!

My alt is has 4 PS / 76 WPF and only uses the stick as a backup weapon. I do better than that, and I am several tiers below allers in terms of skill.

You don't get it, do you, Witchcraft? Even in the highly unlikely event that a single player may make any difference in the outcome of a match, punishing him for not trying in his FREE TIME is like punishing him for having fun. Yes, his past may speak for itself for some of you but is this really the proper punishment? Take this scenario, for example: I'm playing with a char in peasant gear, a rondel dagger and a shield. I have little ag so I can't hit-n-run as many do and I die within the first minute of the match due to any form of ranged or cav. I get 5 or 6 deaths for every kill by the end of the match. I contribute very little too. Now imagine an admin can choose to ban me because I'm not contributing to the team. Now take Allers' scenario. The result is the same as mine but he wasn't actually trying. One variant in the whole grand scheme of things is enough to get him permanently banned. The only ones that have an issue with this are those tryhard nerds that can't get enjoyment out of playing and need to win every single round, otherwise they will leave.

I'm not gonna talk shit about you admins. You've been in your own little bubble for quite some time so any complain about your adminship will go unnoticed, specially by a "nobody" like me. I'm not american, so I shouldn't be the one complaining either. It's not your fault, specifically. It's the fault of such an elitist part of the community that would rather play with all the tryhards friends rather than with those who never pay attention to their xp counters. A part of community that will mostly ignore any newcomer because they are not within the top 5 players of the board. But you are right, we'd rather reward those members of the community; with the personality of a goldfish and their inability to get enjoyment if not followed by a set of rules, they'll turn out to be great admins for rp servers in games like Arma.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 01:36:17 pm by Simon_Belmont »
You didn't read the fine print on the description of the HA skill. By using ranged on horse you willingly give up your right to empathy, for good reason.
I'm gone for a few months due to work and classes, hoping the mod isn't dead when I come back. Take care, all of you.