Author Topic: 0.3.3.7  (Read 54296 times)

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: 0.3.3.7
« Reply #225 on: May 29, 2014, 04:41:44 pm »
i dont find throwing lance interesting anymore. good thing im close to 31, i can retire. without this patch i would have kept going i think.

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #226 on: May 29, 2014, 04:48:46 pm »
Except by removing a point of speed, the arabian going slower than some heavy cavs. That seems stupid to me.
In addition, I tested yesterday and I have not really felt the differance at the resistance. The arabian still die in 1 or 2 shots.

I don't think it's deserve the 700 more repairs.

Yea, San kept catching me and lancing me in the back, on my alt that has 10 riding.  10!  I think he was Ina heavy warhorse.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline LordLargos

• Count
  • Renown: 279
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn (Lord,X-Champion)
  • Game nicks: Largos the Weaboo Wrangler, HoC Lord Largos
« Reply #227 on: May 29, 2014, 04:52:54 pm »
+3
that's a load of rubbish.

half of EU cavalry was utterly terrible players on +3 mamluk horses, wearing full plate and with strength based builds and the minimum possible riding requirement.

these guys would one shot kill almost anything, the horse would take honestly dozens of hits from most weapons to kill (which is bloody ridiculous), and then when you finally dismounted these strength monsters (who would still be alive thanks to the full plate and high strength), they'd start spamming their secondary weapon / arabian cav sword / the 2h they were swinging from horseback and get a further 5, zero skilled kills. this is the best patch in the last year IMO.

long live patch 0.3.3.7, prais chadz
Just jump stab them; it's the most effective way to take down a heavy horsemen and you'll have the advantage as long as they aren't using a lance and you're using a weapon with decent pierce. Also if they're utterly terrible they shouldn't be able to kill 5 of you with an Arabian cav sword especially if they're a slow plate 1hander.
Well, this doesn't look good for you. Four team kills - definitely intentional, Appeared to be afk more than once in the video.Also kicking people off of walls is grieving! don't do it.... but ill let you off with a warning this time, only because I don't like largos anyway.

Offline Fips

• King
  • Renown: 1217
  • Infamy: 290
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
« Reply #228 on: May 29, 2014, 04:57:01 pm »
Fyi, the removal of low pop siege def spawn reducer is bugged, should have only been for conquest mode.

Offline Reyiz

• Count
  • Renown: 235
  • Infamy: 89
  • cRPG Player
  • Smell of Money
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rainbow
  • IRC nick: Jewianna
« Reply #229 on: May 29, 2014, 05:09:41 pm »
+2
will the devs give full respec to cavs ? because i cant make a good point with this current partial respec shit :cry:

Offline Inglorious

• Earl
  • Renown: 497
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • Courage is our shield
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Banana Republic / Chevaliers
  • Game nicks: IngloriouslyBad / Affordable Cavalry
« Reply #230 on: May 29, 2014, 05:20:07 pm »
+3
Corsair, Sanderson is NA, where things are a bit different than EU. Entire clans don't saddle up on Plated Chargers with Full Plate armor every day for weeks consecutive. Now, we do see entire horse archer regimes who probably giggle their hearts out at the amount of anger it causes everyone, and CS-GO Pro snipers with every ranged weapon possible. The only way to have your horse survive past the 5:00 mark while having someone like Robert Namo Astralis(NA) on was to have mamluk or something with similar armor. This patch helps with using a heavy horse for the high agi ranged cav and gets rid of alot of people who used to armor up their horse and counter that type of gameplay, in atleast NA.

I think what sanderson is getting at is more than likely just an assessment of players pre-patch adaptability. There's plenty of pole arm users in NA who thrive on anti-cav. When the Occitan, Chevalier, and Hospitaller cavalry comes out to play, so do the long spears and other med-long ranged poles from Raven, MB, Chaos and Remnant. Or, meet cavalry with cavalry, Frisia had like 3-4 guys on horse last time I saw them around, and Remnant has 2-3 GL's who run down heavy cav all day. Basically, it wasn't so much the massive problem in NA that it was in EU, so it's felt differently by some.

My previous post about not being affected by this patch, I was actually helped by it as I only used light horse/light lance/light armor. My default riding horse, Rouncey, seems all the more better now, and I can take about 1 - 2 more hits from arrows and I hardly get 1 hit dismounted by any melee that touch it. The partial respec where I was 21-21 now has me 18-24, creating a more maneuver light horse build and play style for even a horse as basic as the Rouncey. I though am full cav build, no ATH, no shield, no IF, so if I'm downed off my horse I'm going to get 1 hit by any melee person who walks up to me while I try to crawl away from my crash sight with my atrophied legs  :P

Offline Thryn

• Meme Artisan
  • Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 1177
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook
  • buff 2h tbh
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Thryn
  • IRC nick: Black Bastards
« Reply #231 on: May 29, 2014, 05:34:41 pm »
fuck yea ive got a donkey face now

+1
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

We may not love corrupt government, but we must love our country.

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 29, 2014, 06:52:35 pm »
Thank god for these patches. With every balance change, we are getting a more balanced game. Yay! The game was utterly broken back when more people were playing it.

(click to show/hide)
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline STR_aD_Sargon_eqv

• Baron
  • Renown: 96
  • Infamy: 86
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 29, 2014, 07:10:35 pm »
damn. i really do like all these tons of opinions that cavs must be nerfed, cavs must be that, cavs must be...and bla bla bla...
shut up, please. u have to be a cav to know what does it need, don't u? ffs

do u really think it's more easy to ride a heavy horse with 5 riding then running with 8 athl with impossibru polelolstab with the able to stop the horses? or probably 2h is more harder? jeez
u should try to catch someone for the bump first, coz ppl just run away and hit the horse when u tryin to bump him.

but u know, what's on my mind?
all infantry have done poor nerded agi-shitty builds and took light armour... then, they started to complainin about heave cavbumps.
u are incredible stupid. nothin to say there.
get urself some STR and u won't get bumped to death lel. why da fack would heavy cavs pay for ur foolish? blame urself there

and just rhetorical question.
do u really think 600-700kg of meat and steel can't bump hard enough? u bet u won't survive a single bump in the real life.

also heavy horses can't require 8 riding skill. u just don't need so much coz it's slow and it has low maneuverability. unlike light horses, arabian gaywardonkey for example. there u need lotsa agility to sit on the back of it awhile fightin.

heavy cavs are waste thousands tons of gold for upkeep. besides all heavy horses has low maneuverability. it's a fair price, deal with it.

edit.
chadz and mod team please uninstall and give the mod to the players
this
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 07:17:44 pm by STR_aD_Sargon_eqv »

Offline Gandalf77

• Count
  • Renown: 251
  • Infamy: 90
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rider_of_Rohirrim, Sandor_Clegane_
« Reply #234 on: May 29, 2014, 07:11:59 pm »
yea nerfed horses .... great.... the most shit path ever ....

Edit:
and do something with this shit spawning on siege ... defenders must wait 60 seconds not 30 ....

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 29, 2014, 07:20:37 pm »
+1
I missed such a glorious patch. Free drama delivered.

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: May 29, 2014, 08:39:06 pm »
Corsair, Sanderson is NA, where things are a bit different than EU. Entire clans don't saddle up on Plated Chargers with Full Plate armor every day for weeks consecutive. Now, we do see entire horse archer regimes who probably giggle their hearts out at the amount of anger it causes everyone, and CS-GO Pro snipers with every ranged weapon possible. The only way to have your horse survive past the 5:00 mark while having someone like Robert Namo Astralis(NA) on was to have mamluk or something with similar armor. This patch helps with using a heavy horse for the high agi ranged cav and gets rid of alot of people who used to armor up their horse and counter that type of gameplay, in atleast NA.

I think what sanderson is getting at is more than likely just an assessment of players pre-patch adaptability. There's plenty of pole arm users in NA who thrive on anti-cav. When the Occitan, Chevalier, and Hospitaller cavalry comes out to play, so do the long spears and other med-long ranged poles from Raven, MB, Chaos and Remnant. Or, meet cavalry with cavalry, Frisia had like 3-4 guys on horse last time I saw them around, and Remnant has 2-3 GL's who run down heavy cav all day. Basically, it wasn't so much the massive problem in NA that it was in EU, so it's felt differently by some.

My previous post about not being affected by this patch, I was actually helped by it as I only used light horse/light lance/light armor. My default riding horse, Rouncey, seems all the more better now, and I can take about 1 - 2 more hits from arrows and I hardly get 1 hit dismounted by any melee that touch it. The partial respec where I was 21-21 now has me 18-24, creating a more maneuver light horse build and play style for even a horse as basic as the Rouncey. I though am full cav build, no ATH, no shield, no IF, so if I'm downed off my horse I'm going to get 1 hit by any melee person who walks up to me while I try to crawl away from my crash sight with my atrophied legs  :P

i've probably reared more horses on EU than 90% of the players there; literally the first half of every round i spend s-keying with my shield up and baiting cav as hoplite (see my signature on the forum :P ). I am one of the players you described who "thrives on anti-cav". on EU at least, from this i have noticed that there are 2 types of cav player i've come accross,

1. there are the more skilled cav players who intelligently think about their targets, deciding that they're not going to attack that archer because he's got this many allies near him, and they're not going to try and attack this spearmen because they think he's baiting them etc etc. if these guys make a mistake, they are punished for it, and usually die.

2. then there are the second type of cavalry, usually with much heavier horses than the first type, who don't think about their target selection because they know that their horse is practically invincible, and even if there is a 75% chance they'll get reared by a spearmen, they know that even if he rears them he can get away because of his full plate / mamluk horse, and they know that if that 25% chance comes up they'll 1 shot kill him. if these guys make a mistake, they are not really punished for it (as their horse is nearly invincible), and they usually survive.

now, both types of player have the opportunity to get large amounts of kills, but, prior to the patch, the skill requirement for the second one was a LOT lower than the first one; awful players could regularly go 10-1 by full plating with arabian cav sword/ heavy lance and a mamluk, and taking lots and lots of chances.

therefore, long live patch 0.3.3.7, prais chadz
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 08:44:21 pm by Corsair831 »
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline STR_aD_Sargon_eqv

• Baron
  • Renown: 96
  • Infamy: 86
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 29, 2014, 09:35:42 pm »
+2
now, both types of player have the opportunity to get large amounts of kills, but, prior to the patch, the skill requirement for the second one was a LOT lower than the first one; awful players could regularly go 10-1 by full plating with arabian cav sword/ heavy lance and a mamluk, and taking lots and lots of chances.
there are many playstyles for any class, mate

i can say same for 2h

1. like qqx no riscin, just fragsteelin
2. retarded backpedallin and swingin
3. no block style
4. ninja style
etc etc but 2h ain't got no nerfed as heavy cav...

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #238 on: May 29, 2014, 11:53:04 pm »
+1
Full wipe would've been a much easier solution to all the problems, most notably for:

a) 90% of people being high level/fully loomed/untouched by repairs even in full plates riding heavy horses/etc

b) tons of patches & changes since the last wipe that affected balance in many ways. One full respec somewhere along the way just doesn't cut it, especially if you have tons of crucial changes afterwards.

c) low numbers (speaking from EU1 perspective) & motivation of players (yes - admit it or not: grind IS one of the key components for most folks out there, you never get bored while trying to reach your "final" build & equipment but after reaching it everything becomes boring very soon, anyone claiming otherwise is a plain liar living in denial)

d) some other things which I can't recall right now but I will, eventually. Being out of it for 3 months and doing other stuff took its toll.

.....but I guess someone prefers drama more.  :wink:
I usually don't comment on patches & balance changes but I'm very impressed by the sharpness of this last patch. It took a lunatic with great balls to actually go ahead with it. :wink:
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #239 on: May 29, 2014, 11:57:21 pm »
+2
2. then there are the second type of cavalry, usually with much heavier horses than the first type, who don't think about their target selection because they know that their horse is practically invincible, and even if there is a 75% chance they'll get reared by a spearmen, they know that even if he rears them he can get away because of his full plate / mamluk horse, and they know that if that 25% chance comes up they'll 1 shot kill him. if these guys make a mistake, they are not really punished for it (as their horse is nearly invincible), and they usually survive.

I can kill armored horses in 1 or 2 hits, as long as I get a really good speed bonus on the thrust that rears them. I have a decent chance to kill the plate-wearing player before they can stand up too. If I have any allies near me, they will not survive being reared.

does EU seriously not have any polearm players?

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far