Author Topic: 0.3.3.7  (Read 54329 times)

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
Re: 0.3.3.7
« Reply #210 on: May 29, 2014, 06:20:41 am »
+3
I haven't had a chance to get online and experience throwing lances everywhere, but the new stats have me excited. I can finally make my Roman legionnaire alt.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

This so hard.

http://forum.melee.org/suggestions-corner/fix-the-cav-respec-good-lord/

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Pandemona

• Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 321
  • Infamy: 38
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • We are all of us what we do
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Pandemona
  • IRC nick: Pandemona
« Reply #211 on: May 29, 2014, 09:51:37 am »
+1
Yeah, so easily stopped it could happen 3 or 4 times per match. Then just leisury stroll away with maybe 1/5th of your horse's hp gone. Such an inconvenience.

Paying a lot of money to have that and sacrificing things like Maneuver and Speed (so speed bonus too) for that. People needs to pay attention to cav, that's the only thing they should do. Some stat changes might be okay in my opinion, but this just made heavy horses impossible to play for some people. And made their +3 heavy horses useless if they won't use it.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 09:57:10 am by Pandemona »
Remember remember the fifth of November. The gunpowder, treason and plot. I know of no reason, why the gunpowder treason, should ever be forgot.

Offline Osakasa

• Baron
  • Renown: 101
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Osa|Kasa|la
« Reply #212 on: May 29, 2014, 10:21:36 am »
+1
Good patch +1, shame you forgot to buff ACS  :mrgreen:

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
  • Renown: 814
  • Infamy: 276
  • pronouns: Nick/her
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fun clan - Burg Krems, join with main or alt!
  • Game nicks: Adelheid, Wulfing, Hildebrand, Vulferam, Sepp, Pippa (r.i.p), Minjy
« Reply #213 on: May 29, 2014, 10:27:52 am »
lol eu1 right now, roughly 45 players, everybody has some kind of arrow/jarid/TL/bolt sticking out of them  :mrgreen:

To counter it a couple of plated chargers would be....oh wait.

2024: selling my thirty odd +3 items for rl money, don't think i need them anymore tbh. pm me

Offline Strudog

• Marshall
  • Renown: 922
  • Infamy: 361
  • A Dog
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Britfag
  • Game nicks: Strudog
« Reply #214 on: May 29, 2014, 10:30:53 am »
+4
what the devs i believe did wrong here was that they nerfed cav directly which was not the problem, Hevy horses were fine and so were light horses. What i would have liked to have seen is an indirect nerf to horses, by buffing anti-cav weapons which would change the mentality of cav players.

The current mentality of cav players, is just Zerg charge and backstab who you want, it didn't matter if you made a mistake, if you had a heavy horse 1 on 1 or more your horse would survive and you would live to fight another day. In my opinion mistakes should be punished .

So in essence what i believe is if your horse was reared then the rider should have to pay for that with a dead horse or be knocked off his horse. This would change the mentality of players from just charging who they want, to somewhat some decision making when playing cav.

And to be honest with the amount of heavy horses running around these days and very few light horses (in my opinion were better horses anyways) you kind of brought it on yourselves.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 10:38:57 am by Strudog »
This is the internet.
Men are men
Women are men
Little girls are FBI agents.
Those are the rules no?

Offline Azuma

• Count
  • Renown: 160
  • Infamy: 89
  • cRPG Player
  • Stop QQ Get a shield !
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pecores, RdF, Ninja, Norse
  • Game nicks: "Pecores_Tatsumaru_Azuma","Ninja_Rikimaru_Azuma","Norse_Azuma", etc...
  • IRC nick: Azuma
« Reply #215 on: May 29, 2014, 10:35:03 am »
Hell, Thanks again !
Stop QQ Get A Shield !

(click to show/hide)

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
  • Renown: 814
  • Infamy: 276
  • pronouns: Nick/her
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fun clan - Burg Krems, join with main or alt!
  • Game nicks: Adelheid, Wulfing, Hildebrand, Vulferam, Sepp, Pippa (r.i.p), Minjy
« Reply #216 on: May 29, 2014, 10:40:42 am »
And to be honest with the amount of heavy horses running around these days and very few light horses (in my opinion were better horses anyways) you kind of brought it on yourselves.

This is true.

However, since the death of the pikeman/longspearman (hardly ever see one since a long time) and everybody instantly taking up classes that are powerful (look at eu1 amount of ranged right now), then heavy cav was bound to multiply cos they didn't have a real counter anymore.

50 players right now, 1 guy has a long spear (kulin donkey head ban). GG

2024: selling my thirty odd +3 items for rl money, don't think i need them anymore tbh. pm me

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 29, 2014, 11:02:22 am »
+2
This is true.

However, since the death of the pikeman/longspearman (hardly ever see one since a long time) and everybody instantly taking up classes that are powerful (look at eu1 amount of ranged right now), then heavy cav was bound to multiply cos they didn't have a real counter anymore.

50 players right now, 1 guy has a long spear (kulin donkey head ban). GG

Long spear/pike got nerfed pretty hard. The delay before you do damage + the speed horses travel at + shorter reach + the lack of rear with glances made them pretty weak as anti cav. Even if you do get a rear you're pretty useless by yourself to dehorse him. Polearms should be the master stabbers in the game...feels like the worst atm
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #218 on: May 29, 2014, 11:09:20 am »
Torn apart between reading this or the whole Temple of Spam thread...

Temple of Spam it is.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 29, 2014, 11:47:51 am »
+2
Arabian only loses 1 speed, which is oK for the extra 19 hp & 4 body armor.
(Not that it stops the shit from getting 1 hit but hey)

I already rolled my 15/24 lance cav build so idgaf bout this speed loss, just gief more armor, yo yo.

Every time speed or maneuver gets nerfed, the dumb cav game gets even more dumb.

Offline LordRichrich

• Count
  • Renown: 297
  • Infamy: 115
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: May 29, 2014, 01:39:31 pm »
I understand there were a lot of heavy cav around, but nerfing them because of it is ridiculous. The problems with cav imo were 1h cav wtfery bullshit and bump slashing/bump lancing.

however, for a normal under 31 build, it's near impossible to have a viable charger build. You end up with 2 shield OR 2 wm on top of 5PS, 8 riding, 8wm.

So heavy horses are only for high level builds now?

Oh right unless you're HA, which with even less cav around became a little easier.

But really, 8 riding for something that isn't an arabian?! 7 riding for the warhorse?! I personally think 6 up until larhe warhorse, with the rest (including eastern horse) being 7. Not 8 except for arabian warhorse, and 7 shouldn't start so far down the list.

Heavy cav wears heavy armour, when you increase armour diff, there's likely gonna be people wearing armour that looks fucking stupid for their horse. Or more likely transitional (which is popular cos it looks cool) will get pushed above 15, maybe 18 str. Then all these guys with heavy cav won't be albe to use their heavy armour xD

Offline matt2507

• King
  • Renown: 1013
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • It is when making anything that we become anyone.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Raylin The_Village_Idiot Mohamed_Ali
« Reply #221 on: May 29, 2014, 01:47:26 pm »
+1
Arabian only loses 1 speed, which is oK for the extra 19 hp & 4 body armor.
(Not that it stops the shit from getting 1 hit but hey)

I already rolled my 15/24 lance cav build so idgaf bout this speed loss, just gief more armor, yo yo.

Except by removing a point of speed, the arabian going slower than some heavy cavs. That seems stupid to me.
In addition, I tested yesterday and I have not really felt the differance at the resistance. The arabian still die in 1 or 2 shots.

I don't think it's deserve the 700 more repairs.

No donkeys were harmed in the making of this gif.

Offline EyeBeat

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 175
  • 20th BEST PLAYER IN HOSPITALLER
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: EyeBeat_The_Wanderer
  • IRC nick: EyeBeat
« Reply #222 on: May 29, 2014, 04:07:43 pm »
This is a great patch.  I see absolutely nothing wrong with it.

Nerf was in order on cav since upkeep seems to not be threatening any more. 

Actually it hasn't been a threat for a while.

Adjusting the upkeep to higher levels would only screw over newer players so the nerf is a great idea.

Keep up the good work.

Being a smallish community doesn't entitle you to act more like a dick than other communities.

Offline Tovi

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 251
    • View Profile
  • Faction: OdE
  • Game nicks: KrisTovi
« Reply #223 on: May 29, 2014, 04:17:56 pm »
Dafuk ? My build is totally ruined !
I can't ride anymore !

Edit :  with the skill points back it's ok
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 04:36:56 pm by Tovi »

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: May 29, 2014, 04:34:02 pm »
+7
I feel that many horses got nerfed too much. Cavalry wasn't "over-powered", it wasn't too strong. It simply punished stupidity.

You want to run forward from spawn holding the w-key, playing with no sound and refusing to look around you? You're gonna get wrecked.

You want to become so absorbed in a fight that you don't listen to any sounds around you, and you develop massive tunnel-vision? You're gonna get wrecked.

You pay attention and face the cavalry player using anything other than short blunt 1h weapons? The cavalry player is gonna get wrecked.

I'm prepared for the massive horde of throwers that can't be assed to melee anymore, or never learned to do it in the first place, though. Gonna be cool.

that's a load of rubbish.

half of EU cavalry was utterly terrible players on +3 mamluk horses, wearing full plate and with strength based builds and the minimum possible riding requirement.

these guys would one shot kill almost anything, the horse would take honestly dozens of hits from most weapons to kill (which is bloody ridiculous), and then when you finally dismounted these strength monsters (who would still be alive thanks to the full plate and high strength), they'd start spamming their secondary weapon / arabian cav sword / the 2h they were swinging from horseback and get a further 5, zero skilled kills. this is the best patch in the last year IMO.

long live patch 0.3.3.7, prais chadz
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !