Author Topic: 0.3.3.7  (Read 54377 times)

Offline Tojo

• Earl
  • Renown: 490
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
  • Long Live NA_1
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, HoC, Acre, MB, HG, Beserks
  • Game nicks: _Tojo, Drew_Brees, Tijo
Re: 0.3.3.7
« Reply #195 on: May 29, 2014, 02:44:29 am »
+1
New cav nerd is poorly implemented and unneeded, all you have to do to kill cavalry is pay attention. A skill that can't be earned with xp in game, but irl.

THIS ONE GOES OUT TO YOU...
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 05:14:49 am by Tojo »

Offline Malgalad

• Count
  • Renown: 178
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 29, 2014, 03:24:24 am »
+1
You could always use a lighter horse, but that would mean not having a ridiculously OP armored shooting platform. Imagine, enemy foot archers actually being a danger to you? You poor, poor armored HA.
o(T_T)o Too late, I regret not +horse skill. Now I'm a foot archer. Where is the Time Machine. o(X_X)o

Offline Xeen

• Baron
  • Renown: 84
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
« Reply #197 on: May 29, 2014, 03:47:18 am »
For the most part, great patch.  I think you took too much armor and hitpoints away from the plated charger, which was already so incredibly niche compared to the infinitely harder to hit smaller armored horses.

I loveee the throwing lance change, but it should probably still be 7 requirement, this change basically just means anyone can use them.  One of the weaknesses of my build was always that I couldn't loot throwing lances, I felt like it was a logical trade-off for being able to kite most people.

Offline Jeade

• Duke
  • Renown: 569
  • Infamy: 38
  • cRPG Player
  • Well Caleb's a liar.
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
  • Game nicks: MAGA_Jeade, Gregory_McFin, Frat_Lion
  • IRC nick: Jeade
« Reply #198 on: May 29, 2014, 04:09:10 am »
+4
So, any word on when the colored pelt hood will be fixed?

Takes one day to turn it into horse face and two plus months to revert it.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline djalexander

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 29, 2014, 04:57:45 am »
The change is suck   espicially only return 3 str and all ride    .  which pig head gives this idea!

now i'm totally a piece shit.  i can't event ride my horse before 36! fucking pig head!

Offline Inglorious

• Earl
  • Renown: 497
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • Courage is our shield
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Banana Republic / Chevaliers
  • Game nicks: IngloriouslyBad / Affordable Cavalry
« Reply #200 on: May 29, 2014, 04:58:56 am »
A nerf to heavy and buff to light cav was totally overdue. Light cav definitely needed the HP/armor buffs. I can use my courser now!

But, raising difficulty to 8 on some of the heavy horses was a mistake. People just aren't going to use them now.

And they're all still stupidly expensive for Strat use.

Out of everything said here, this is the comment I can agree most with.

I'm a Light cavalry user, or an "economically inclined to ride light horses". Light Horse (Rouncey), Light Lance, Light Armor 43b 40l 38h, with no shield and no secondary. Now, I do alright. I make enough money to stay constantly at 43k gold, and only after a diligent amount of effort and time.

I "had" 21 str, and 21 agi with 7ps, 7riding, no IF, and 7WM. Nothing else. Now, I'm 18/24, even though I'm still not going to use heavy armor, heavy or medium lance, or heavy horse.

So, this patch didn't affect me badly to much ... However... I'm still overall contemplating if I the heavy cavalry hit was too much.

Destrier is now 6 riding though, I think that is uncalled for. It's *was* the happy in-between for light and heavy cav. But you lumped it in with heavy since it can take more than 2 arrows from a HA that trails you until you're dead or dismounted. Put at least that horse back to its difficulty the way it was so it remains the "in between" horse of light and heavy, creating the medium. 

Just got home from work, a lot of saddening comments. Don't leave the game just yet.

Offline Porthos

• Marshall
  • Renown: 779
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • The February Patch Survivor
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hello Kitty Clan (aka 'Clan For Fun')
  • Game nicks: Porthos_Woodstock, InvasionOfGiganticLANDCRABS, Random_Nobody, cRPG_Addict and many more
« Reply #201 on: May 29, 2014, 05:04:01 am »
I don't care about cavalry or item balance, but what for the low population timer reduction was disabled? EU2 currently dying already (I mean the population is getting lower) and now with increased respawn time it's pretty lame to play when you are at the defending side. Waiting for 30 seconds after death when there are only 10-20 men at the server is weird. Second - why you still cant fix these weird flags at the battle servers, I mean these when you raise them, but the round still not ends. So this is more or less all the things that annoys me currently. And the bugged colored pelt hood too :(
P.S. And thank you for some old siege maps returned in rotation. I really glad to see them back :wink:
<=== thanks to Tiny_Glancer <3 (never click on that image)
I'm not sure if ships are ingame
You Can't Kill Me

Offline Sir_Firebus

• Count
  • Renown: 264
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC-BRD, Unicern, Narwhals, Cavaliers.
  • Game nicks: firebus Cavaliers_SwagBus Suberif Juggernot
  • IRC nick: firebus
« Reply #202 on: May 29, 2014, 05:05:43 am »
Thanks for fucking over the 30/15 +3 morningstar, sallet with visor and coif, milanese plate, heavy gauntlets, black greaves, and plated charger build I was going to pay 3 mil gold for.
BRD BRD BRD, BRD is the word!

When you lose a duel you are improving; when you win a duel you are measuring your improvement.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #203 on: May 29, 2014, 05:14:35 am »
+1
I don't care about cavalry or item balance, but what for the low population timer reduction was disabled? EU2 currently dying already (I mean the population is getting lower) and now with increased respawn time it's pretty lame to play when you are at the defending side. Waiting for 30 seconds after death when there are only 10-20 men at the server is weird. Second - why you still cant fix these weird flags at the battle servers, I mean these when you raise them, but the round still not ends. So this is more or less all the things that annoys me currently. And the bugged colored pelt hood too :(
P.S. And thank you for some old siege maps returned in rotation. I really glad to see them back :wink:

RIP NA2. Doesn't stand a chance now.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #204 on: May 29, 2014, 05:57:02 am »
+5
Harald: partial respec for cav: removes 3 str and all riding skill + decreases str-skills when necessary for all chars which have at least 1 riding.

So if you had 15 agi / 5 riding and were using any heavy cav from the war horse to the plated charger, you are 100% fucked and can't use your old horse? Why didn't the respec give back 9 strength?

I don't even play cav and this is just seems like a really poor choice. It's like when kingrimm got fucked by the 12->13 strength requirement on the steel pick. I hope something is done to afford cav players a respec so they can use the +3 item that their build was centered around.

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #205 on: May 29, 2014, 05:57:19 am »
+2
The timer should be getting fixed. It was meant only for conquest, not regular siege.

Offline Kartoffel_Salat

• Knight
  • Renown: 73
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chevaliers
  • Game nicks: Chevalier_Panda, Panda_, Creamsicle, Pandascrub
« Reply #206 on: May 29, 2014, 05:59:14 am »
I have a champion mamluk, while yes, it is a heavy horse, and archers can't 1 shot it. It can be 1 shotted by melee. It has been one shotted on me multiple times.

So if you had 15 agi / 5 riding and were using any heavy cav from the war horse to the plated charger, you are 100% fucked and can't use your old horse? Why didn't the respec give back 9 strength?

I don't even play cav and this is just seems like a really poor choice. It's like when kingrimm got fucked by the 12->13 strength requirement on the steel pick. I hope something is done to afford cav players a respec so they can use the +3 item that their build was centered around.

I was 21/15 now i can't use any of my horses....until level 33

Offline LordLargos

• Count
  • Renown: 279
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn (Lord,X-Champion)
  • Game nicks: Largos the Weaboo Wrangler, HoC Lord Largos
« Reply #207 on: May 29, 2014, 06:11:38 am »
I feel that many horses got nerfed too much. Cavalry wasn't "over-powered", it wasn't too strong. It simply punished stupidity.

You want to run forward from spawn holding the w-key, playing with no sound and refusing to look around you? You're gonna get wrecked.

You want to become so absorbed in a fight that you don't listen to any sounds around you, and you develop massive tunnel-vision? You're gonna get wrecked.

You pay attention and face the cavalry player using anything other than short blunt 1h weapons? The cavalry player is gonna get wrecked.

I'm prepared for the massive horde of throwers that can't be assed to melee anymore, or never learned to do it in the first place, though. Gonna be cool.
This is the most truth I've ever heard on these forums.
Well, this doesn't look good for you. Four team kills - definitely intentional, Appeared to be afk more than once in the video.Also kicking people off of walls is grieving! don't do it.... but ill let you off with a warning this time, only because I don't like largos anyway.

Offline Legs

• Marshall
  • Renown: 819
  • Infamy: 88
  • cRPG Player
  • Loco Motive
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Arms, Legs
« Reply #208 on: May 29, 2014, 06:14:11 am »
+1

This so hard.

I mean, changing stats is one thing but MOST horses had a 5 riding requirement. With the respec, if you had 5 riding before you can now get up to 6. Unfortunately, almost all of the changed requirements are at 7-8. So you're screwed.

It's not like this is really a nerf either. There will probably be fewer heavy cavalry but they'll only be that much more effective. 2-3 points of riding skill makes a significant difference, especially with difficult to handle heavy horses.

It's just dumb. A hotfix is needed imho.
Legs are used for standing, walking, jumping, running, kicking, and similar activities.

Offline T_Grellenort

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Teutonic Order/ Union
« Reply #209 on: May 29, 2014, 06:19:23 am »
Mamluk Horse                                Plated Charger
hit points: 149                               hit points: 141   

:lol:  Have you seen these horses? :lol: