Author Topic: 0.3.3.7  (Read 54376 times)

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
Re: 0.3.3.7
« Reply #165 on: May 28, 2014, 11:47:14 pm »
+5
Now that shows that whoever made this is... special. Do you just want to reduce cav or what was actually the thought behind it? I'd like to be able to follow your point of view on balancing/changing.

Well, I didn't bring these changes up, but cav is/was very strong, no doubt about it. Some adjustments were deserved. Personally I found some of the original suggestions too harsh, that's probably the reason why the first and harshest requirement change didn't go through. However, I've played a lot of 21/18 with Mamluk Horse, and that is very, very strong. At least with 8 riding your health pool has to be somewhat reduced, which can make mistakes deadlier.

While it is somewhat sad that I can't use my +3 Mamluk without a STF character, as both my lancer and 1h cav can only reach 7 riding with the free respec, this change still feels like a positive. 5 riding, high strength and high tier armour was too strong for little investment. I hope you at least can agree with the fact that 5 riding for many of the top horses of the game was a bit too little investment for what they give?
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Kartoffel_Salat

• Knight
  • Renown: 73
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chevaliers
  • Game nicks: Chevalier_Panda, Panda_, Creamsicle, Pandascrub
« Reply #166 on: May 28, 2014, 11:48:11 pm »
+6
cav should get full respec imo
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #167 on: May 29, 2014, 12:14:42 am »
+4
Everyone should get full respec imo

Fixed it for you. Seriously, we got a topic with more than 15 pages which are talking about solutions about giving respecs for everyone, but the worst thing is that is standing for months. Why not giving a damned free respec there ? I see people screwed up a bit everywhere if their build wasn't balanced, and others (not only cavs afaik) that are simply tired of their builds. Give community what it wants, give the chance to everyone to play different builds without loosing 6 millions of gold or 50% of the time you did grind.

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
  • Renown: 1023
  • Infamy: 306
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Hermann_von_Krems
« Reply #168 on: May 29, 2014, 12:18:17 am »
+6
Well, I didn't bring these changes up, but cav is/was very strong, no doubt about it. Some adjustments were deserved. Personally I found some of the original suggestions too harsh, that's probably the reason why the first and harshest requirement change didn't go through. However, I've played a lot of 21/18 with Mamluk Horse, and that is very, very strong. At least with 8 riding your health pool has to be somewhat reduced, which can make mistakes deadlier.

While it is somewhat sad that I can't use my +3 Mamluk without a STF character, as both my lancer and 1h cav can only reach 7 riding with the free respec, this change still feels like a positive. 5 riding, high strength and high tier armour was too strong for little investment. I hope you at least can agree with the fact that 5 riding for many of the top horses of the game was a bit too little investment for what they give?

Actually the thing that I'm really upset about is that I have 2 +3 horses and can only use 1 now. The other is unreachable with this minor respec. Some days ago I had a mamluk and a plated charger but luckily traded the plated away. That would've been 6 LP out the window.
I mean, after all thats hundreds of hours that I spent in this game to get the items I want and then you just put them out of my reach. This is so frustrating, I dont mind small changes much but thats just so character-ruining.

Offline Thranduil

• Earl
  • Renown: 367
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
  • what? ... What? ... WHAT?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Ward of Mithrim
  • Game nicks: Warden_Thranduil The_Doctor
« Reply #169 on: May 29, 2014, 12:18:52 am »
+1
While I like that cav has been nerfed, I do feel it may have been nerfed just a bit too much when you look at the new requirements. I feel that armored horses would be fine with 6 difficulty and the chargers/mamluk at 7. I would also put desert horse and eastern horse at 6. None of the horses should have requirement above 7 IMHO.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Kampfkarotte

• Knight
  • Renown: 56
  • Infamy: 26
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: GK, Kapikulu
  • Game nicks: WARLORD, Kegorus
« Reply #170 on: May 29, 2014, 12:20:27 am »
I like most of the changes, but I don't like that they increased riding requirement of heavy horses from 5 to 8(!)
Guess that almost banned them, I mean who has 8 riding? I'm sure most cav players dont..

Offline chesterotab

• Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 634
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 29, 2014, 12:26:07 am »
With all of these mini respecs and reworks recently, my 27-15 generic 2h strength whore build i had a year ago has become a 21-21 pure zen balance 420 king of KD, 2h/pole/1h hybrid 6 riding build.

I am pleased at most everything EXCEPT all the 8 difficulty horses. I never used them in battle (heraldic barded for life), but 8 difficulty will make those 3 horses mostly extinct on battle, and for sure you will never see them in strat after the gold change coupled with this. Less variety is never a good thing.

Buff charger, mamluk, plated charger to 7 riding.

▲ ▲

Offline mrrdhardy

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 76
  • cRPG Player
  • Packer_The_Sloth
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Sloths
  • Game nicks: Packer_The_Sloth Brotherman_Bill Bo_Bo_The_Sloth_Templar_Hobo
« Reply #172 on: May 29, 2014, 12:28:15 am »
want to nerf heavy cav then change the armour and hit points but not the riding

Offline Dutchydave

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 178
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: LL_greatsage, Die_In_A_Fire, Dutchy, Halfcast, basic
« Reply #173 on: May 29, 2014, 12:34:13 am »
+9
Seriously this is pathetic, why make such radical changes Tydeus? Why don't you do your maths with the cav respect. If you put the riding requirement up by 3 that's 9 attributes you need to respect, with just 3 attributes respeced you prob just totally wrecked a shit ton of peoples builds. Narrow minded  :rolleyes:

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
« Reply #174 on: May 29, 2014, 12:35:19 am »
Seriously this is pathetic, why make such radical changes Tydeus? Why don't you do your maths with the cav respect. If you put the riding requirement up by 3 that's 9 attributes you need to respect, with just 3 attributes respeced you prob just totally wrecked a shit ton of peoples builds. Narrow minded  :rolleyes:
that
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #175 on: May 29, 2014, 12:40:42 am »
+4
Love the patch so far :)

But whats up with this?  :lol:

| gold                                                   | 4467                          | 4471                          |
I think it was a copy paste fail in the proposal thread, but when I went to commit the changes I saw it and laughed. I figured at least one other person would see it and chuckle, or even better, we'd get a person QQ'ing about it.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #176 on: May 29, 2014, 12:46:45 am »
+7
I feel that many horses got nerfed too much. Cavalry wasn't "over-powered", it wasn't too strong. It simply punished stupidity.

You want to run forward from spawn holding the w-key, playing with no sound and refusing to look around you? You're gonna get wrecked.

You want to become so absorbed in a fight that you don't listen to any sounds around you, and you develop massive tunnel-vision? You're gonna get wrecked.

You pay attention and face the cavalry player using anything other than short blunt 1h weapons? The cavalry player is gonna get wrecked.

I'm prepared for the massive horde of throwers that can't be assed to melee anymore, or never learned to do it in the first place, though. Gonna be cool.

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #177 on: May 29, 2014, 12:54:35 am »
+2
I'm prepared for the massive horde of throwers that can't be assed to melee anymore, or never learned to do it in the first place, though. Gonna be cool.
We've been having Golovorezik for quite some time already, a 150 ping lance thrower who somehow wrecks.

Offline Johammeth

• King
  • Renown: 1077
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ConnectiKUTT
« Reply #178 on: May 29, 2014, 12:56:55 am »
+3
We've been having Golovorezik for quite some time already, a 150 ping lance thrower who somehow wrecks.

Perhaps he's the world's first X-man, with the rather underwhelming ability to see precisely 150 milliseconds into the future?

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #179 on: May 29, 2014, 12:58:53 am »
Eastern horse got a little love, but damn that price increase.
I didn't care about the -1 requirement, i'd rather have a true "weak" 8 riding requirement horse, now that all the heavy ones fall in the category.

I'm sad to see the courser, and really freaking out. I'll probably go siege to "evade" all the couching noobs...
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;