Author Topic: Attempt to balance cavalry overall  (Read 8093 times)

Offline Magikarp

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
  • Gotta splash em all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merciless
  • Game nicks: Magikarp ; Merciless_Charlemagne
  • IRC nick: Magikarp
Re: Attempt to balance cavalry overall
« Reply #60 on: January 12, 2011, 11:03:51 am »
IF anything at all, horses should be cheaper (light horses that is).

It's fine that they made them a little bit less powerful and more expensive, but its too much of an increase imo.
Don't mind the fish.

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 12, 2011, 11:23:17 am »
IF anything at all, horses should be cheaper (light horses that is).

It's fine that they made them a little bit less powerful and more expensive, but its too much of an increase imo.

This. Topic should be closed now, there's been enough "balancing" and light cavalry suffered the most, even though it didn't deserve it. Some slight prices changes and it'll be fine.

Offline Roran Hawkins

• Knight
  • Renown: 46
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hedge Knight
  • Game nicks: Roran
« Reply #62 on: January 14, 2011, 06:12:22 pm »
The only people that suffered y the cav nerfs, are light cav.

Due to the patch, I can't go in my prepatch armour againw ithout grinding some hours.
ALL LIGHT HORSES COST MORE THEN GOOD WEAPONS NOW compare bec with a sumpter horse (bec 7k, sumpter "Pony" horse 8.7k)
If I have to upkeep my rouncey too, I will have to ride in leather armour, if I want to earn money.
Horses have been nerfed stat-wise too, they lost lots of speed, and are now like walking targets.
The common cavhate from prepatch whiners also improves this, everyone kills horsemen first, who now are shooting ranges, as said before.

The patch has been worse then I feared. I feared all horses would be nerfed done, upkeep would deny acces to heavy horses while using any kid of decent armourdenies acces to every horse with any decent armour, charge damage would be massivly decreased,done I hoped for a small, maybe even medium decrease, wich was needed

I lose 1-2k per round when playing cavalry, me getting 2 shotted by most low/mediumlevel archers, and my horse getting 1-2 shotted by practically everything.
some other whine tactics, agaiunst horses:
horses should take damage evry time they bump someone, they have weapons right?
MAYBE USE THE FUCKING WEAPON IN URE HANDS THEN INSTEAD OF WHINING :rolleyes:

And the best part is, nothing is going to change, everyone on cRPG likes this.
HURRAH! ALL HORIES NERFED! chadz HAS LISTENED TO THE SKILLED PEOPLE! THE ONES IN FULL PLATE WHO USED TO SPAM AROUND BATTLEFIELD WITHOUT ANY SENSE OF AWARENESS
=> like that, or sort of at least

everyone LOVES the patch, but the "w" pressing panzerhorse noobs haven't been nerfed. No, tehy get extra cash from their strat fiefs, wich makes them able to use their panzerhorses still.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 06:13:30 pm by Sir_Roran_Hawkins »

Offline Memento_Mori

• Count
  • Renown: 187
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • I use these forums to hook up with hot ladies
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Memento_Mori, Sengo_Muramasa, Born_Of_Osiris,
« Reply #63 on: January 16, 2011, 03:49:51 pm »
Your argument is fail. The reason is simple - the class which needs teamwork to be taken down and can take down other classes without teamwork is a OP class (since it IS more powerful then the classes which don't need teamwork to be taken down, and hence is overpowered compared to them). While riding around on a horse backstabbing people IS fun, it definitely is not for the people who're trying to melee and have to somehow simultaneously melee and fend cavalry off at the same time. So it is, in my view, balanced if horses die more easily to pikes/spears/etc, because getting piked/speared is a screwup you should pay dearly for.

If you've ever played any Battle Field games you know you're wrong.

It's a team game so saying that a class is OP because you need to use TEAMWORK to kill it doesn't make sense.
Cav are easy, especially now that they can charge you and you don't even get hurt thanks for the nerf hope everyone stops crying now.

If cav are OP in CRPG then in Bad Company 2 I'm guessing you'd think Tanks & blackhawk choppers to be pretty OP too, until you realize how easy it is to spot out one and tell the rest of your team, then an engineer on your team hits it with a homing rocket and it dies.

End of debate, team work is how you play team oriented games make a death match server for CRPG and then we can complain how OP Cav are, but even then I bet the whole death match server would target this cav guy as soon as they saw him unless they're idiots and don't realize the threat cavalry is.

Offline LordRichrich

• Count
  • Renown: 297
  • Infamy: 115
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 16, 2011, 04:05:15 pm »
You want to lower horse health MORE?!
My palfrey gets two-shotted by archers
Horses aren't op anyway. Most people die from horses because they aren't aware or they get ganged up on. Stick in a group, be aware and un nerf horses :'(

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #65 on: January 16, 2011, 04:15:00 pm »
It's a team game so saying that a class is OP because you need to use TEAMWORK to kill it doesn't make sense.
Cav are easy, especially now that they can charge you and you don't even get hurt thanks for the nerf hope everyone stops crying now.

If cav are OP in CRPG then in Bad Company 2 I'm guessing you'd think Tanks & blackhawk choppers to be pretty OP too, until you realize how easy it is to spot out one and tell the rest of your team, then an engineer on your team hits it with a homing rocket and it dies.

I think you mix something up there.

There is this teamwork where one class does its job, and another class does another job, and you use teamchat or voice to coordinate your teamwork, and to inform other players where there is "work to do" for them. E.g. telling the engineer about a vehicle.

But there is the other "teamwork is needed" where you need two or more players to gang upon a single opponent, to get along with him. This just can't be, because why should anyone play any other class than this, which needs SEVERAL enemies to be taken down?

It's okay if the paper tells the rock "Help! I see siccors over there!", but it's not okay if the paper says: "Hey, rock! Hey, siccors! There is a laserblaster over there! I will wrap it, siccors you cut it and rock you smash it. But hurry, before it melts us all!".

Where would be the point in playing anything else than the laserblaster? And those laserblasters need to be eliminated.
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline EponiCo

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Aine
« Reply #66 on: January 16, 2011, 04:36:09 pm »

If you've ever played any Battle Field games you know you're wrong.

End of debate, team work is how you play team oriented games make a death match server for CRPG and then we can complain how OP Cav are, but even then I bet the whole death match server would target this cav guy as soon as they saw him unless they're idiots and don't realize the threat cavalry is.

Helicopters and tanks are limited though. And yet, you have queues of noobies idling around on the vehicle respawn. In cRPG anyone can get a horse, and as long as that doesn't have a drawback everyone is sooner or later having it. Besides, you are comparing cRPG to a game where everyone carries a ranged weapon ... oh, wait.
It's so easy to go on about how easy to stop someone is with awareness, when he can just wait outside of your range and come in when everyone is engaged.

Offline Memento_Mori

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 16, 2011, 04:53:27 pm »
uhm....

If you have on your team anyone with a pike or anyone with ranged weapons
you should have no problem vs cavalry
especially now that they can't even bump kill you effectively lol.

it's a team game, you need team work to win, just coz a guy has a horse on the opponents team doesn't mean you're going to lose.

I'll restate what I said again

Play any other team oriented game (battle field games are really good)
Tanks and Helicopters have laser sights and homiing rockets and all these goodies that make them pwn every other class in the game super easy... So how do we beat them?

TEAM WORK.

if the enemy team has MORE horses than you that means you have an advantage somewhere as well, you're not constantly at a disadvantage, USE your ADVANTAGE, and DON'T let them FORCE you into a DISADVANTAGE.

1 pike man can kill a cav
1 thrower can kill a cav

whats the problems, it's even easier if your team mates are helping out their pike guys and ranged guys.

CRPG needs more team work.

"But there is the other "teamwork is needed" where you need two or more players to gang upon a single opponent, to get along with him. This just can't be, because why should anyone play any other class than this, which needs SEVERAL enemies to be taken down?"
quote from Joker86, (I fail at using forum tools and stuff don't laugh at me)

This I agree with but again I have the same answer, Pike man versus Cav the Pike guy has a very good chance of winning.
so again, team work is the answer.

Remember if they have 10 cavalry and you only have 5 that means you have 5 more either Infantry, Archers, or Throwers
(Assuming that the match is balanced by player numbers) & usually the team with more cav has less players.

Also..... There are INFANTRY PLAYERS that are SKILLED enough that if you don't make any plans to take them out early in the game then you will lose, guaranteed, some of these skilled players can take 2-3 guys at once easily.

These skilled infantry players also somehow get their mobs to follow, and yes to kill them you usually need 2+ members of your team to be on them at once.

I find these players far more challenging and threatening when on the opponents team because even if you do kill them early they've already led their entire infantry team to one point on the map.

IMO Some players are OP because they're good at what they do & are known for it, once you realize someone on your team has 20+ kills and 3 deaths you tend to follow them as opposed to any other of the nameless fellows around you.

Cav serve there purpose as Cav, someone excellent at mounted combat will seem OP definitely but pit him agaisnt a good infantry and then we'll see, that's what I love about this game there's very rare points where you win everytime or lose everytime because the balance is in the hands of the player, I once read that Shielders counter Archers and 2h Counters Shielders, yet I'm a 2h and die frequently to players Good with their shielder class and find them far more threatening than a Good 2h user or Pole user I also die to them, archers and to cav.

I chose the name Memento Mori because I believe that it fits this game perfectly, "Remember Death" "Remember Mortality"
Everyone dies at some point to something even the cav you're saying that are OP.

Sorry if I have made no sense whatsoever lol just a friendly rant
basically already said all this stuff but I just made it a wall of text now . xD

Offline Memento_Mori

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 16, 2011, 04:57:33 pm »
Helicopters and tanks are limited though. And yet, you have queues of noobies idling around on the vehicle respawn. In cRPG anyone can get a horse, and as long as that doesn't have a drawback everyone is sooner or later having it. Besides, you are comparing cRPG to a game where everyone carries a ranged weapon ... oh, wait.
It's so easy to go on about how easy to stop someone is with awareness, when he can just wait outside of your range and come in when everyone is engaged.

Yes Horses are not limited
But neither is anything else
Whats to stop the whole opponents team going Cav?
NOTHING
But
Whats to stop your entire team going PIKES, THROWING, XBOW, BOW, SPEAR, LONG 2h SWORD and WORKING TOGETHER TO STOP THEM
NOTHING.

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #69 on: January 16, 2011, 05:15:20 pm »
One aspect of a good balance is the following one:

Classes have to be balanced BOTH for the average player AND for skilled players who achieved mastership in a class.

This means:

- even if played "perfectly" a class still has to remain balanced

AND

- a class has also to be belanced accordingly to the average player.

So if the average player doesn't really pay attention to cavalry (which is definitely right, I see people running right after spawning without looking to the left or right and being killed by cavalry 20 sec. after the map began), then both infantry and cavalry have to be balanced accordingly. This is sad somehow, but it's necessary, for the sake of public gameplay.

There is no use of a balance "on the paper", a theoretical balance, when in praxis the game is just broken.
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Memento_Mori

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 16, 2011, 06:08:29 pm »
Right
Balance between Average player and those who've mastered their class already exists in this game.
even the masters die, did you not read my other post?
Even your OVERPOWER CAV die.

Why are you trying to fix something not broke.
Already the cav lost charge from their horse, they can only bump you, a kinda friendly "Hello, I'm a horse, watch out for me I was trying to kill you but I missed my bad I'll be back later most likely, if not I may have died to arrows or pikes because my health is so low and my armor is pretty terrible."

Average players will most likely lose to people who have mastered their class
This is balance.

They can still win, if they play smart and learn from their mistakes and then they eventually become masters them selves.

The only CAV that could possibly pose a real unstoppable threat was an armored HA, but those are seemingly useless now thanks to the patch.

New players playing any online game learn quickly they need to suck it up & learn or gtfo and stick with their single player.

Offline DrKronic

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • Arch Villain of cRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I do what I want
« Reply #71 on: January 20, 2011, 05:43:53 pm »
I actually miss the sight of horses on the field now feels different with no real armored horses ever for the most part and not even many regular horsies

I never was pro cav or really even interested in playing them but atill
Greed is for amateurs...Chaos, Disorder, Anarchy now that's fun!

Offline UrLukur

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 20, 2011, 06:08:31 pm »
Cav do fine, even after nerf. I constantly see cav players who top the scoreboard. Like i said before, problem lies in Heavy Lance, i feel that people should rather use Lance, so heavy need to be nerfed.
"Clava curva pie vinco"

Offline justme

• Count
  • Renown: 188
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandits
  • Game nicks: Bandit_Elsupreme
« Reply #73 on: January 20, 2011, 06:56:52 pm »
i saw many cav these days.. do they pay strenght penalty for the horses, like i pay for my sword? cause they need riding equipment, so they need to have must be havier..

Offline Beleidiger

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 20, 2011, 07:16:34 pm »
Cav is fine and yes they got 1 more Item but 1 more Item means 1 more Item to repair i am right?

So that the Heavy Tank Horses dont show up most Time in the Game now and light cav is Beatable if you pay attention i think its fine!(OK i have two Chars and both can take out an light Cav with not more than 4 arrow-/Bolthits!)

Ehm 1 more thing ..isent it just me or have someone else the feeling that this Nerf and Buff Threads getting more and more!?Its not like i not Enjoy top write my Posts but 100 Threads with Nerf this Buff that, getting a bit confusing.