Author Topic: Strategus & DoubleXP  (Read 31233 times)

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
Re: Strategus & DoubleXP
« Reply #75 on: December 17, 2013, 04:22:12 pm »
as soon as we clame our home back, it is taken away again.

Fenada, so close, but yet so far.

My heart bleeds for you.

As for next round: maybe a way to... you know, not worth it, only way to make it playable to non aspergers ppl would be to scrap it all and start again.
I don't know enough

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Segd

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 88
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 17, 2013, 04:39:08 pm »
+11
First http://forum.melee.org/strategus-issues/collection-of-strategus-issues-the-thread/

Since I'm EU most renowned whorehero I hope devs will at least read this wall of text:

Strat 4 was so pussy because he was favoring the defender's side.
Anti-UIF was first to do a massive strike(7k or something) on Jameyyed castle at the beginning of Strat 4. They backed off after our first successful defense(since we brought a lot of reinforcements it was useless to attack us & give us free equip which was extremely valuable at that time)
UIF gone inactive shortly after we tried to do a massive strike on Tshibtin(3 GO, 3 DRZ, 2 Bashi armies(1.8k each) failed to take one village due to nonstop reinforcements)
Then Anti-UIF tried to finish GO. So many identical battles on the same maps. GO while doing nothing had insane tickets farm & free gear from attackers enough to defend forever.
Same happened at the end. No COA core fief was taken. It was impossible to take them down even in UIF had a year more.

My suggestions:
-attacker keeps unused(retreat due timer or QMRS) tickets & equip. If flags are capped then all stuff(& optionally tickets) goes to the capper . If all attacker's troops dead he'll not be able to keep gear of coarse(all gear to def in that case)
-no used gear are saved(only the one that players have on them at the end of the battle). Winner or loser, you don't have anything from the battle. No more equip bugs, no equip disadvantages, no more of this retarded sorting & selling after each battle. Also, this will make factions poorer, so less plate shiny armies.
-Max garrison couldn't be more than population(or 1k-2k village, 3 castle, 5 city) That will force clans to get rid of extra troops all the time. No more 40k garrisons, more good battles, more dynamic Strat. Also you could do free garrison upkeep, but troop numbers more than mentioned above will have to be paid as an field army. So even 10k garrison would make you bankrupt in a month.

Minor tweaks:
allow remote fief management(you could also add some delay to execute decisions like changing owner, prosperity, tax etc. Add medieval messenger simulator :) )
http://forum.melee.org/strategus-issues/change-the-'increase-prosperity-by'-button/

remove rain & fog(I already made & posted nofog cheat so...:rolleyes:
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 04:58:22 pm by Segd »

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #77 on: December 17, 2013, 04:44:06 pm »
+3
Fix item dupe bug. When it got really bad I lost interest in ever doing anything in strat.

Do something to extend the time that low/mid gear armies flourish. It felt like 75% of last strat was plate vs plate armies.

A mechanic to prevent armies from sitting in castles that are easy to defend. Way too many people turtled this strat and ended up with all these troops that won't get used up before the end of it all...

edit: OOH! IDEA! A weather overlay on the strat map. Weather in a battle would be determined by what the weather is like at the location. Areas of rain that move across the map, sandstorms in the desert, some terrain that is permanently foggy, etc. It is a lot of work for something that doesn't really matter but I thought it would be cool so I wrote this!
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 04:49:17 pm by A_Hot_Elf_Princess »

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Segd

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 88
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 17, 2013, 04:53:04 pm »
+1
Forgot one thing: fief respec is too harsh(removing 1/3 or 1/4 rather than 1/2 production points should be enough).

Offline Herkkutatti666

• Duke
  • Renown: 585
  • Infamy: 285
  • cRPG Player
  • Rips pärs
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 17, 2013, 04:54:25 pm »
+1
unban me

Offline NeedabetterStone

• Noble
  • Renown: 23
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Kingdom of Balde
  • Game nicks: Needy_of_Balde,Silent_Hunter122 and others :P
« Reply #80 on: December 17, 2013, 05:20:39 pm »

it would be nice if you  keep your strat tickets  8-)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 05:24:31 pm by NeedabetterStone »

Offline jtobiasm

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Tobi
« Reply #81 on: December 17, 2013, 05:44:05 pm »
This. Maybe we could see some tournies and multi-Clan battles instead of Strat for awhile. Would only be good for the mod imho.

This is guy knows his shit, I just need a clan hahaha.

Offline Rhalzo

• Duke
  • Renown: 599
  • Infamy: 48
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FIDLGB
« Reply #82 on: December 17, 2013, 05:49:09 pm »
+2
You guys are doing a great job!

Rhalzo's already in Chaos' cooler older brother clan, he's fine riding his motorcycle around in a leather jacket smoking cigarettes with GIRLS, our little treehouse isn't his speed anymore.

Offline Franke

• Earl
  • Renown: 384
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Franke_HRE and Frankes_STF_HRE
« Reply #83 on: December 17, 2013, 06:51:35 pm »
On topic: Change the economy system. The need to protect your S&D (in order to stay competitive) is a hard blow to all small and independant traders.

Off topic: Finally! Now Erasmas and Harpag can stop behaving like butthurt little children who were stolen their candies...  :rolleyes:
Quote from: Tindel
In teamspeak i like to hear all of your opinions on; beer and alcohol, chocolate chip cookies, social problems and their solutions, massmurderers, why ranged should burn in hell, hating on new maps, hating on old maps.

Offline Hobb

• Earl
  • Renown: 489
  • Infamy: 96
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
« Reply #84 on: December 17, 2013, 06:56:11 pm »
+4
Is there going to be anyone to monitor/fix bugs next round? Because no matter what is added, something if not several things will go wrong and ruin the game just like in S4.

The map is way too big for NA. Cut the #of fiefs in half so that owning even a village actually means something again. This is the easiest way to bring tension and incentives to go to war.

Everyone has touched on the economy already, but one of the biggest issues especially in NA was mercs. You had to be allied with half of the map just get a decent roster. Reduce the number of mercs for field and village battles to like 35-40. Factions should never have to beg other faction members to fight for them so they don't get flag capped by being outnumbered. And with the decrease in plate, less XP will mean less random mercs.

Offline Creslin

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 17
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Kingdom of Veluca
  • Game nicks: Orlando_Madknight_of_TKoV, Roland_the_Mad, Jarnac_Ducas
« Reply #85 on: December 17, 2013, 07:10:04 pm »
It is not hard to hit anything with a catapult, most people make the mistake of pulling the arm by jumping on the back of the catapult and leave it to human error to get the right shot, if you use the cog on the right side of the catapult you will quickly find that catapults are actually extremely accurate. Al i would lobby for is a buff in the increase of health on siege equipment.

I'm not complaining about their accuracy, just the bug where the block gets stuck at the furthest point you've pushed it to.

Offline Erasmas

• Earl
  • Renown: 483
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The crows had come
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Erasmas_the_Grey
« Reply #86 on: December 17, 2013, 07:12:16 pm »
Off topic: Finally! Now Erasmas and Harpag can stop behaving like butthurt little children who were stolen their candies...  :rolleyes:

If you had the impression that it was the case, just note we made it for the benefit of all people who stay in game rather than our own.

We are working on our own set of matters we feel that should be tweaked, it will take a moment...

Offline Araxiel

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 77
  • ((===||:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vincent_Ruth
« Reply #87 on: December 17, 2013, 07:21:33 pm »
+2
The only thing I want for new strat is less Plate please.

Make it 200 times more expensive..
Well I roleplayed gay for long time to get Asca attention as harmless one but it didnt help. I only attracted Tueten, Cicero and Grey Order...

Offline belda

• Knight
  • Renown: 42
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
  • Matando guiris, como siempre.
    • View Profile
    • NovaSimulatio
  • Faction: Brigand
  • Game nicks: Otta
  • IRC nick: Steam: Belda
« Reply #88 on: December 17, 2013, 08:45:50 pm »
limits the hiring of mercenaries to the great clans

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #89 on: December 17, 2013, 08:52:58 pm »
+3
too easy to make gold, nerf trading if nothing else, maybe limit S&D to make it more valuable. everyone is in plate now so clearly broken economy.

siege mechanism: armies should be able to siege fiefs (minimum size 1000). supplies diminish based on # of troops inside. So 5000 would starve out in a 3-5 days. Defending forces would have to break the siegeing army to relieve it.