Author Topic: Strategus & DoubleXP  (Read 31321 times)

Offline Fips

• King
  • Renown: 1217
  • Infamy: 290
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
Re: Strategus & DoubleXP
« Reply #135 on: December 19, 2013, 02:44:31 pm »
This, actually, is a straight way to create "factions" played by one man, with all ticket farmers just playing crpg and sending troops. And if you want to add automated troops collection... well, no. Bad idea. It should be EMERGENCY measure.

Did i say that this should be used as often as that someone wants to? No. Of course this needs limits.

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 19, 2013, 04:08:31 pm »
+1
This, also incentivizes people to bandwagon with the side that is already winning. On difficult sieges for example, where I'd say the attackers should be rewarded for not castle-camping themselves and for being willing to grind through terrible 1 to 3 k/d battles. Instead they get the shaft and get a third of the xp of the guys who are playing easy mode battles and camping like pussies in Strat.

Same with factions with strong roster support, independent mercs get more xp if they join the already strong side because of more fun battles (stomping is better than getting stomped) and more xp. The xp system should encourage people to sign up for the underdog.

While I agree that XP would be a good incentive, I have always had RP as enough: ingame, I am a knight, I may not be the strongest fighter but I am sworn to protect the weak and defend the oppressed, although I probably will give my life in vain, it is making the stand that counts IMO.

Change the default level of gear from -2 to 0 again, it'll encourage early themes and help out smaller factions.

This would be very nice, or better: make ALL shopping +/- 0, and have fiefs dedicated to the improvement of weapons and armours: then a faction would actually have to spend time on their gear, by buying bulk and improving it, because it doesnt make sense to me that just because you have spent some points, your fief has an unlimited number of masterwork items just waiting in the shop.

For that matter: WHO is selling these items? The NPC's of the village are SELLING them to fief owner? makes no sense:

Maybe make the points usuable to UNLOCK certain items (The fief lord has trained his villagers in making bows, or swords, or both if you have the points) and then make them free for fief owner: then to improve them to +1/2/3 takes time and money (paying the villagers to dedicate all their time to sweating away at the smithy)

Hell, I dont know, I'm just a landless knight trying to bring the word of chadz to the needy.
I don't know enough

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Cosmos_Shielder

• Baron
  • Renown: 137
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player
  • French Connection Leader
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pecores
  • Game nicks: Roland De Gilead
« Reply #137 on: December 19, 2013, 06:26:45 pm »
is strategus experience x2 also?

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #138 on: December 19, 2013, 07:11:29 pm »
No (it only affects battle and siege).

Offline Herkkutatti666

• Duke
  • Renown: 585
  • Infamy: 285
  • cRPG Player
  • Rips pärs
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 19, 2013, 07:18:49 pm »
+13
remove awlpike from strat #2014

Offline Cosmos_Shielder

• Baron
  • Renown: 137
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player
  • French Connection Leader
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pecores
  • Game nicks: Roland De Gilead
« Reply #140 on: December 19, 2013, 08:18:38 pm »
No (it only affects battle and siege).
Not sure about that . I got 100k xp tick in strategus

Offline Reinhardt

• Count
  • Renown: 274
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Crusaders of Acre
  • IRC nick: Reinhardt
« Reply #141 on: December 19, 2013, 08:56:57 pm »
+5
Terrain specific battle maps, please. I'm tired of seeing battles being exclusively fought in gentle rolling hills/steep ass cliffs in grasslands. We need tundra, steppe, desert terrains.
"A leader is a dealer in hope."

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 256
  • Infamy: 1940
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 19, 2013, 09:57:11 pm »
remove awlpike from strat #2014

I agree. But main reason why players choose awlpikes is to deal with cav. I need 3-4 stabs to put down heavy horse on strat. And after first stab, rider can downblock and continue with backstabbing activities. Against infantry, there are other weapons I prefer and most of them are four directional.

Plate on strat is boring but biggest issue are armored horses. They are too damn powerful.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #143 on: December 19, 2013, 10:48:51 pm »
+9
I'm a dumbass and posted in the wrong damn thread.

Anyway, the 2 major gripes I have right now are:

A. The fief voting system. I believe the AI owning the fiefs first is a much better system.

And B. The economy, but as I hear that is being reworked.

1.  Please this!  If you are worried about the clans that abused it (cough UIF cough) - add feature allowing admins to be able to tweak roster at any time before battle initiated.  The rest of us had a lot more fun building up to taking our first village and then later castles and cities and it limited the economy a whole lot more and since so few fiefs owned at beginning there was a lot more cross-fighting over them.  Voting system made the economy far too easy to build up at beginning and made camping far more viable with population just being given to you - hence why this was the worst strategus ever for camping fiefs.  Those AI battles really got people that had never fought together to actually merc on the same side and was a lot of fun.

2.  Also, the economy just needs a limitation on prosperity growth through exponential increases in production points cost that way we wont have such massive amounts of S&D and then increase the price scaling at a quicker rate for equipment so lightest weapons and armor is 1/2 the price now, medium gear about 2x and heavy equipment is 8x the current prices.  Caravans should not be able to buy 10K horses and move faster than a 200 mana rmy with 0 horses when carrying 10K goods, they should slow people down more with more goods.  Otherwise the trading setup is fine, just needs these limitations. - Would also encourage more caravan attacks.

3.  By the way autohire feature still broken this strategus where it hires 1 person and then once that person is hired no one else.  If that person retracts it then hires everyone who applied up to that point at the turning of the hour.  Autohire should just hire everyone who applies for that side every 3 hours even if it already has someone hired.

4.  Increased xp to balance out the less expensive gear used ina more balanced economy - should average 1 to 1.5 million xp for a 1.8K v. 1.8K battle

5. Also PLEASE PLEASE look at this thread of all the current strat bugs that need to be worked on before next strat http://forum.melee.org/strategus-issues/collection-of-strategus-issues-the-thread/

6.  Offer fixed bonuses for controlling regions like in risk the board game - so say owning 3 or more snow fiefs allows reduced prices on nordic type gear, 3 or more khergit/steppe territory reduced prices on mongolian/steppe style gear - would create a lot more vying for certain areas to be able to get your style gear.

7.  Have a chinese map as well with half as many fiefs as current NA (australians and chinese would likely be more than willing to convert a server over to strat fights) - this is actually a  huge segment of the community completely being ignored - there are quite literally hundreds of players that can hardly participate in strategus right now but are more than willing.

8.  Have the na and eu map be the combination of the 2 current maps but with the line being drawn like in strat 3, so its not crossing the end of the map itself but just a small border zone - would bring in more interaction between the 2 groups.  EU needs NA's dynamism to not grow too stagnant and old world.  (actually wouldnt mind having a completely new map just using the same places names and fief maps if you need to - I know you mentioned this possibility at the beginning of this strategus.  Lot more contention when people dont have exact same location as they have had for 4 strats.

Really hope we can incorporate some substantial changes to make strategus more enjoyable again and less of a frustrating bug-ridden experience.

« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 10:56:06 pm by Keshian »
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 19, 2013, 10:55:37 pm »
+1
Really hope we can incorporate some substantial changes to make strategus more enjoyable again and less of a frustrating bug-ridden experience.

^

And as Kesh said there is a lot of stuff on the strategus general discussion forum (I know I've already said that) that you can just spoon-feed into the next strategus with not much reworking.

In one year there has been a lot of shared thoughts on strategus and it would be a damn shame to not exploit the ideas that are circulating everywhere since december 2010.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #145 on: December 19, 2013, 10:57:57 pm »
+1
^

And as Kesh said there is a lot of stuff on the strategus general discussion forum (I know I've already said that) that you can just spoon-feed into the next strategus with not much reworking.

In one year there has been a lot of shared thoughts on strategus and it would be a damn shame to not exploit the ideas that are circulating everywhere since december 2010.

yeah incorporating butan's program and the other one making info screen be organized in picture form by type for everyone would be wonderful.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #146 on: December 20, 2013, 04:43:34 am »
+7
Cancelling a battle should be less punishing, maybe add a system that lets both sides agree so that the attackers can walk away with everything.

Also, maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to make attackers lose a random number of their leftover troops on retreat instead of losing everything.  For example, an attacking army uses 1200 of their 1800 tickets, they run out of time, retreat, and manage to escape with 300 troops but only keep the gear that wasn't used.

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline ArysOakheart

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1322
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
  • Game nicks: Arys_TheDrunkenPeasant
« Reply #147 on: December 20, 2013, 10:10:13 am »
It's the same as it was last time. It doesn't show in game, but it shows on the website.

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #148 on: December 20, 2013, 11:56:15 am »
+6
It's the same as it was last time. It doesn't show in game, but it shows on the website.

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #149 on: December 20, 2013, 12:59:55 pm »
Change the default level of gear from -2 to 0 again, it'll encourage early themes and help out smaller factions.

This please. Would really improve early gameplay and later on it helps many smaller factions that do not own 10-20 villages and towns to have everything loomed to +0/+3 what they need.
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me