Author Topic: Strategus & DoubleXP  (Read 31319 times)

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
Re: Strategus & DoubleXP
« Reply #90 on: December 17, 2013, 09:22:56 pm »
+3
It is my opinion that the NA side of strategus would benefit immensely from having all the fiefs that the EU side currently has.

Offline NejStark

• Marshall
  • Renown: 918
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
    • Personal wesbite
  • Game nicks: GK_NejStark, Anything with "Nej" in it.
  • IRC nick: itsnej
« Reply #91 on: December 17, 2013, 09:26:42 pm »
+22
Let people add/remove players from battle rosters through battles? That way the same guys won't have to sit for 3 hours for a siege.
Maybe even let any player join the server during a battle, and if theres slots available on a side, let them apply (Commanders on each side can see who is applying).

That way if ppl want to leave a siege after maybe an hour, they can, and commanders can replace them.

Also give china strat.
"A man on the steppe with no friends is as narrow as a finger; a man with friends is as wide as the steppe"

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #92 on: December 17, 2013, 09:48:58 pm »
+7
I recommend tying strat to "normal" crpg more.  In past strat instances, for example, if you had certain +3 items you could craft those items in strat for a discount.  It made you valuable or distinguished compared to other players.

I'm not saying the new mechanic needs to be exactly the same, but something to tie together crpg and strat AND to give strat heros some kind of differences from each other would be cool.

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #93 on: December 17, 2013, 10:58:46 pm »
+1
Please add a mainquest to summon a dragon/chadz.

Offline Sir_Firebus

• Count
  • Renown: 264
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC-BRD, Unicern, Narwhals, Cavaliers.
  • Game nicks: firebus Cavaliers_SwagBus Suberif Juggernot
  • IRC nick: firebus
« Reply #94 on: December 17, 2013, 11:49:37 pm »
+2
Wow my first strategus is already over  :shock:.
BRD BRD BRD, BRD is the word!

When you lose a duel you are improving; when you win a duel you are measuring your improvement.

Offline Erasmas

• Earl
  • Renown: 483
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The crows had come
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Erasmas_the_Grey
« Reply #95 on: December 18, 2013, 12:10:20 am »
+2
Wow my first strategus is already over  :shock:.

Do not worry, you will get over

Offline Uumdi

• Duke
  • Renown: 651
  • Infamy: 59
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Ready to Die
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Uumdi_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: Uumdi
« Reply #96 on: December 18, 2013, 02:09:34 am »
+3
3 major points, though I don't have the ideal solutions:

1)  Lower the incentive for camping castles.  The ideas people are coming up with for tactical advantages / points of interest is a good thought.  Better functioning siege equipment and adding versatility to gaining entry would add tons more to strat.

2)  Field battles / construction / spawn points should be reassessed.  Attackers need to run half a mile to attempt to make forward spawns, while defenders magically summon a siege tower from bits of wood they held in their pockets.  These couch fortresses of forward spawns covered in vertical ladders is just plain silly because it encourages long, drawn-out battles where 2-3 agi builds suicide in and harass the extremely brittle, but extremely necessary forward spawn.  The time limits, though necessary, don't add to the game at all when battles turn out like this because attackers literally can't do anything with a limited roster to keep their push going.  Closer spawns might be all it takes.

3)  Limit the micromanagement involved with gear and economy.  There must be some way to simplify outfitting armies.  Also, as far as economy goes, it might be beneficial to allow fief owners the ability to automate some things.  Boycotting undesirable merchants and allowing mutual trade agreements could help smaller factions, especially those who don't have the time to check the strat map at 5 am and monitor S&D.

Ten shots of prayers, ten shots a day
A shot of thrill to hide the pain.
They can`t win, they just don`t cry,
The troopers know they live to die.

Offline HardRice

• Marshall
  • Renown: 740
  • Infamy: 161
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: 187/Alligator
« Reply #97 on: December 18, 2013, 02:29:03 am »
+1
I'm a dumbass and posted in the wrong damn thread.

Anyway, the 2 major gripes I have right now are:

A. The fief voting system. I believe the AI owning the fiefs first is a much better system.

And B. The economy, but as I hear that is being reworked.

Offline shipa34

• Knight
  • Renown: 40
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 18, 2013, 10:46:29 am »
+10
many chinese players want the strat.
YYY_Dingli

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #99 on: December 18, 2013, 11:50:51 am »
+6
automatic Strat reset countdown
After 10 months Strategus would reset automaticly. The countdown will be seen on the strat page similar what i still see here on the forum for the meele battlegound crowd funding  :wink:

That will give people an understanding when it will become urgent to burn their stuff or make the last attacks to gain territorry. With a fixed timer you also can better judge the economical curves, f.e. if the useage of plate may or may not be the an issue after 6 months or becomes one after a year where all fiefs have insane S&D rates.

With 10 months default, you then give community 2 months to relax, in many cases that is needed as we saw.

The map is way too big for NA. Cut the #of fiefs in half so that owning even a village actually means something again. This is the easiest way to bring tension and incentives to go to war.
How about setting Asia onto your server, then the map could be even increased and NA can rally together against their archenemies.

And GO/DRZ block would be splitted

learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 18, 2013, 12:08:51 pm »
Please just make it so that the power of balance shift from clans with many players to factions with many fiefs. Who is going to be victor, mostly comes down to which clan has more members to generate troops.

If fiefs would be more important, the game will also encourage offensive strategies rather than turtling.

Make it so that members are mostly governors/commanders. There also has to be strat ticks, so maybe make it so that each member can recruit troops in fiefs as long as they are the governor of that fief. For the beginning of the game, where no one has any fiefs make troops buyable for gold. For that, make economy harder.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Kalp

• Marshall
  • Renown: 750
  • Infamy: 253
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Form ranks, you maggots!
    • View Profile
    • Kahhhaaargaar!!! Uuurrr!!!
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Kalp_the_Grey
  • IRC nick: Kalp
« Reply #101 on: December 18, 2013, 12:11:26 pm »
+1
My 5 cents: Strat for Asia/Chinese

PS: Erasmas I'm waiting  :mrgreen:
The goal of Strategus battles shouldnt be to deprive your enemies of players, but to have full roster both sides and have the gear/tactics/strategy win the day rather than lack of merc support.

Offline Dutchydave

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 178
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: LL_greatsage, Die_In_A_Fire, Dutchy, Halfcast, basic
« Reply #102 on: December 18, 2013, 12:25:02 pm »
+2
Well thanks for giving myself such a nice 15 odd months of Strat, love you Devs for it. But I must say giving 6 days notice for the end is lame as. One thing for sure is the devs are consistent.

Seriously for anyone who cared and played the entire 15 months and built up our empires, to give us 6 days notice is just stupid and especially at this time of the year when most people are busy getting ready for the festive season.

Please(in no order of importance):

- Give set dates of start and finish so clans can make goals and such with a time frame in mind.

- Keep 1/3 rule below 1800 or maybe step it up a little to like 2000, 2500 max.

- Don't incorporate the castle builder as it will make castles impossible to take for anyone who has half a clue

- Get rid of universal limits on siege gear and especially weapons racks as that is stupid and ruined many a battle

- As Arowaine said "get rid of spawn timers or at least make 30secs max".

- Balance out troops to silver. Last strat troops where easy to get and silver hard, this strat silver was easy and troops hard.

- Don't set limits on clan size as if you are popular enough then you deserve it and managing everyone takes hard work.

- Don't make plate more expensive as this will just give a massive advantage to the bigger clans.

- Adjust the payment system to suit the market for strat battles. Like with how easy silver was to make this round it is silly that we could only pay our mercs 1k max.

- Fix the item bug! How many good battles did this ruin?

- Make a forward and backward option for siege towers and catapults instead of "release the brake".

- Fix the thing that makes siege towers and catapults go backwards if other siege is in the way, just let them run through it and break it would make sense.

Anyway they are just some of my opinions, GL on the next strat

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #103 on: December 18, 2013, 01:56:34 pm »
Siege Towers are atm fixated by putting stackes around them s oteh enemy cant release the breaks. Perhaps those breaks should be at the top of the siege tower, that way enemy still would be able to reach it, but would need more effort for it and moving the siege tower becomes at least a 2 man job.
--------------------------

Perhaps chadz you could make a list of new things you would want to implement but couldnt all of it because of limited time. Therefor but then make a voting process out of your list and give the community then the power to decide the priorities of those things you want anyways seen implemented. (havent we had something like that before, not sure *scratcheshead*)

Otherwise please formost fix and rebalance things!
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline Segd

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 88
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 18, 2013, 03:47:57 pm »
+7
How about setting Asia onto your server, then the map could be even increased and NA can rally together against their archenemies.

And GO/DRZ block would be splitted
Do you really think that DRZ is located in asia? U MAD?  :lol: