Poll

What do you want in your DTV map?

Bots spawn/attack from 2 or more directions.
25 (15%)
Bots spawn/attack from generally one direction. (Very linear).
32 (19.2%)
More open terrain to allow for better fighting and various tactics.
40 (24%)
Narrow paths (spam overhead) where the only way bots getting past you is over your dead body, which might result from getting shot in the back of your head by teammates.
20 (12%)
Dynamic props (i.e. Ballistas and portcullis for gatehouses)
42 (25.1%)
Ballistas? No thank you. My MW Light Crossbow is enough.
2 (1.2%)
Something else (post in comments)
6 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 73

Author Topic: Thranduil's DTV maps. Feedback Thread. (Currently on map-making hiatus)  (Read 9600 times)

Offline Thranduil

• Earl
  • Renown: 367
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
  • what? ... What? ... WHAT?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Ward of Mithrim
  • Game nicks: Warden_Thranduil The_Doctor
Re: Thranduil's DTV maps. Feedback Thread. (Currently on map-making hiatus)
« Reply #75 on: February 18, 2014, 08:44:15 pm »
+3
In the "fort" map (sorry, I don't know the name), the new ballista at the end of the slope leads to boring/nobrainer/sigh shieldwall and no other place of the map has a footstep but bots'.
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

I was afraid that might be a possibility with that ballista platform. (The # of shielders in NA dtv has gone almost to 0, so shield walls haven't been on my mind lately. I was thinking of encouraging a low level to stay behind and watch for bots that got past, while still having a shot at hitting something with a ballista). Guess I'll remove it.

As for the hovering corn, .... I have no idea why the small plant object isn't visible. I checked it with both DX9 and DX7 and it's there. Either you're missing the texture file for it, or.... well, honestly, I dunno.  :?

I guess while I'm playing archer and wouldn't be COMPLETELY useless on the EU server, I oughta play dtv there some since there's more players on it, and most of the glitches found on my maps have been found by EU (case in point, I just hopped on EU7, and someone found one on my first dtv map.... and as with all glitches, there's no way to actually do it  :rolleyes:)

***Shameless plug time***
While playing EU7,  we go to the final wave of the final round (chadz bots, tincans, Fips, Tydeus, and all the rest) on Celtic Ruins! ... We lost though.

*** Updated Desert Ruins, Mein Bridge, Motte and Bailey, and Viking Village.

(click to show/hide)

************ 2/23/2014
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 06:26:19 pm by Thranduil »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
  • Renown: 784
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 06, 2014, 03:46:32 pm »
In the beach map, there are the remains of a boat on the sand which some people use to exploit so they can hit bots with long weapons while bots can't hit them. If you could remove that boat, one type of exploiting less to worry about. :)
(click to show/hide)

And on Desert Ruins, bots get stuck at the back-left spawn sometimes (maybe because they have line of sight with the viscount or players and they keep shooting without moving).
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 05:06:32 pm by Patoson »

Offline Thranduil

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 06, 2014, 05:22:33 pm »
+3
Lichens Island: Flipped the boat and added AI mesh over it.

Desert Ruins: Not sure if it's line of sight problem, or that glitch where 1 bot gets stuck at it's spawn point. It happens now and again. Does that happen a lot there on that map?
At any rate, I've lowered the terrain level there and edited the AI mesh accordingly.

EDIT*
And of all the.... I finally get to play Motte and Bailey for the first time in like a month, and I find hovering corn like you did, Patoson! Either the patch removed that scene object, or moved/renamed it. Good grief. Devs keep taking away my toys. Guess I'll probably end up removing the corn. =P

Corn and plant still there without WSE2. Weird. But I guess I might still take it out since it doesn't show.

EDIT** 3/9/2014
Updated Lichens Island. Basically made the gate thicker to prevent knifing and punching through (and no lucky pikes either, I hope). Seen too many players ignore their teammates and the viscount because they can sit at the gate and knife up a high kill count. I've even seen the map be lost because of this. It was funny when it was just punching, especially when it was peasants punching. With only one ballista (and really, nowhere to shoot the ballista) it gave the peasants a little something to pass the time, but now it's an exploit that is being exploited FAR beyond my intentions.
Anyways, gate is now 5x thicker to match the gate in Ozins Sea Raid map. Sorry guys.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 04:34:29 am by Thranduil »

Offline Thranduil

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 15, 2014, 06:33:51 pm »
It's been long overdue, but I've updated the OP with links to all the maps.

Offline Moncho

• King
  • Renown: 1127
  • Infamy: 221
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moncho, Some_Random_STF, Some_Random_Troll
« Reply #79 on: March 15, 2014, 06:39:26 pm »
+2
In city revolt, people are abusing the stairs to the keep, standing on them and the bots go for them but do not attempt to go up the stairs
Also, the doors (in the place where there are 4, from spawn to keep next to the main gate) dont seem to work fine sometimes, when they are left open at the end of the round I think, appearing open when closed, and the other way round.

Offline Thranduil

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 15, 2014, 06:48:10 pm »
+2
In city revolt, people are abusing the stairs to the keep, standing on them and the bots go for them but do not attempt to go up the stairs
Also, the doors (in the place where there are 4, from spawn to keep next to the main gate) dont seem to work fine sometimes, when they are left open at the end of the round I think, appearing open when closed, and the other way round.

The latest version of the map won't have the doors anymore. I must not have put an AI mesh on those stairs (not that I'm sure the bots could climb those particular ones). I'll take a look at it and either add barriers to it, or an AI mesh there.

****Updated City Revolt.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 07:05:54 pm by Thranduil »

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
  • Renown: 784
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 20, 2014, 02:19:23 pm »
+1
On the map Celtic Ruins, there's a spot on the wall where people can camp and bots won't hit them. It's on the right side, near the ballista.

(click to show/hide)

It would be great if it were made inaccessible to get rid of another lame "tactic" (as they like to call it).

Offline Thranduil

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 20, 2014, 03:10:15 pm »
+1
On the map Celtic Ruins, there's a spot on the wall where people can camp and bots won't hit them. It's on the right side, near the ballista.

(click to show/hide)

It would be great if it were made inaccessible to get rid of another lame "tactic" (as they like to call it).

Woohoo! Finally! I was afraid that map would never need updating.  :lol:  Now I can move the Dalek!  :twisted:  Actually, I already have, but now there's an update to go with it! Done and uploaded version 1.1. Thanks Patoson. Now I gotta decide where to move him next, assuming there will ever be another update to that map, but I'm sure someone will find something for me to do with it.  :wink:

EDIT
In that same map, sometimes bots get stuck at the spawn past the bridge and you have to go there and lure them
Too soon! lol I'll see if it's something I can fix. Are they stuck on terrain, or are they just not moving? I've seen the one bot that never moves on the left. Or is this on horses rounds? If it's horses, I don't think there's anything I can do about that. Horse AI is just that dumb.  :( .... Actually, you may not see this if I don't add another post.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 03:14:29 pm by Thranduil »

Offline Moncho

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 20, 2014, 03:11:06 pm »
+1
In that same map, sometimes bots get stuck at the spawn past the bridge and you have to go there and lure them

Offline Thranduil

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 20, 2014, 03:14:40 pm »
Too soon! lol I'll see if it's something I can fix. Are they stuck on terrain, or are they just not moving? I've seen the one bot that never moves on the left occasionally, though I think that's the AI being silly since the AI mesh looks fine. Or is this on horses rounds? If it's horses, I don't think there's anything I can do about that. Horse AI is just that dumb.  :(

Offline Moncho

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 20, 2014, 03:22:12 pm »
+1
It just stays there still, on foot. I saw it on the Fallen round (outcasts), one of the heavy armoured ones with a morningstar stood there and I had to go all the way there to kill it (or shoot it from afar).

Offline Thranduil

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 20, 2014, 03:26:25 pm »
Hmmm... I wish I could just say it's bad AI, but aside from this map, I can't remember another map where this is a problem. At least, I can not vividly remember. This would have to be the AI mesh that's at fault, but the AI mesh in those areas looks perfectly fine and I would imagine it would be more than a 1 bot problem, but I'll redo the AI meshes in those sections anyway.

EDIT
Done and uploaded version 1.11. Hopefully this will stop those troll bots. Didn't move the Dalek again for this one though.  :mrgreen:
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 03:37:16 pm by Thranduil »

Offline nilloc93

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 22, 2014, 08:10:16 pm »
on city revolt you can use the northmost balista to glitch into the upper floor of a house along the path.

Offline Thranduil

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 23, 2014, 01:33:29 am »
on city revolt you can use the northmost balista to glitch into the upper floor of a house along the path.

Yep. I'm awaiting the next patch to install the update to the map. The barrier will be moved center of that platform with space around it to prevent that glitching.

Offline Elio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 737
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The treeee!
    • View Profile
    • Calradia's Maps Explorer
  • Game nicks: Elio
« Reply #89 on: March 23, 2014, 03:49:31 pm »
+2
Thanks Thranduil for your good work.

Now DTV is alive again. :D

Just a suggestion: Is there a way to open the sky of DTV_Mein_Bridge map. Cave make me a bit claustrophobic.