Author Topic: Battle Map - Farm By Ruins  (Read 5789 times)

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Battle Map - Farm By Ruins
« on: November 05, 2013, 04:35:21 pm »
+30
You seriously took both sets of stairs from the ruins. This game just gets worse and worse. Did people cry too much about the ability to walk up stairs on this map? First ladders now removing any possible way except for glitching to ascend anything on the map.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Battle Map - Farm By Ruins
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 04:58:59 pm »

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 05:11:38 pm »
Can't crutch camping spots anymore? Poor you. Hope you enjoy the other changes I made to other maps.

Can someone link the map so I know which one you're talking aboot ?  :P  (I'll search for it myself also)
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2013, 05:23:56 pm »
+9
Can't crutch camping spots anymore? Poor you. Hope you enjoy the other changes I made to other maps.

Oh god, you're serious. you seriously believe people were "Crutching camping spots." People "crutch" strength, people "crutch" agi, so why ruin the fun of other people who "crutch" camping spots, which sounds completely retarded. COMPLETELY RETARDED.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2013, 05:27:12 pm »
+13
bronto

At least post a pic of the map prz...some of us have terrible mammaries   :mrgreen:
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 05:38:32 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Teeth

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2013, 05:54:47 pm »
+4
(click to show/hide)

It's this map. I removed that staircase on the left and the ladder that is in the square ruined area on the right.

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2013, 06:05:50 pm »
+2
(click to show/hide)

It's this map. I removed that staircase on the left and the ladder that is in the square ruined area on the right.

Why though? It makes no sense. Were those areas that giant of a problem? Were so many tears shed that it had to be done? I've never heard anyone on NA ever complain about either of those two areas being OP or as you say "crutching camping spots." If tears were shed, let me guess who shed them
(click to show/hide)

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2013, 06:09:06 pm »
+1
Eh I don't mind the change.  There's plenty of other places for archers to go.  I think it was a good change (having not played the new version, just speaking in theory).
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline PsychoTwins

• Earl
  • Renown: 453
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: FarmerBob, NinjaBob, 20PingIsHardBob, StrIsHardBob, HaxorBob
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2013, 06:20:13 pm »
+3
All I have to say is thank you Teeth for moving the damn rock that let people camp on that barn roof, dont remember map name, but that annoyed everyone.
Here, dear crpg folk, we have an honest man who doesn't conceal the truth out of the fear of getting nerfed. He surely deserves a round of heartfelt applause.

Offline Legs

• Marshall
  • Renown: 819
  • Infamy: 88
  • cRPG Player
  • Loco Motive
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Arms, Legs
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2013, 06:23:18 pm »
+34
These kinds of changes just dumb down the game and make interesting maps like this boring and generic.

Like that one village map with the big tower in the center. Sometimes people ignored the tower and it was only occupied by a couple of archers and maybe a ninja. Sometimes a whole team piled in and threatened to kill hostages unless their demands were met. Sometimes half the team piled in and the rest of them died because they were outnumbered and it was a colossal failure. Etc. It made the map really interesting and dynamic... until someone said "fuck towers" and sealed the doors. Now every round on that map is the same since everyone just runs into the village and kills each other and it's totally lame.

Removing the stairs/ladder on "Farm By Ruins" doesn't really bother me since I never used them anyway, but I am bothered by the general trend that these changes represent.
Legs are used for standing, walking, jumping, running, kicking, and similar activities.

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2013, 06:24:36 pm »
+3
Who the hell builds their farm next to ruins?  No good reason for that.

I noticed they changed another map, nord village themed one.  They attempted to make the spawn points better, but one team still controls the top, so it's arguably worse now, since the new bottlenecks are narrower.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline Lennu

• Marshall
  • Renown: 774
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Lennu
  • IRC nick: Lennu_
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2013, 06:27:38 pm »
+3

Yeah, either remove the farm or the ruins.

Offline Teeth

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2013, 06:46:52 pm »
The spot on the left was camped by ranged in EU continously and was much closer to one team then the other. As you can see, the ruin top where the staircase leads to allows multiple ranged to completely lock down that location as they can shoot even shielders from both the front and the back simultaneously. Believe me, I have tried to get up there as a shielder. Multiple ranged up there near the end of the round are extremely hard to beat and it happened often. Spot on the right was rarely part of gameplay but for the sake of consistency I'm not not gonna leave that one in as it won't add anything to gameplay apart from camping and drawing out rounds.

This might not happen as much in NA, but if there is a spot that is hard to reach, ranged is gonna camp on it everytime. EU ranged are complete cunts for who you have to lock down every map based advantage they can get. Ranged is balanced to compete on the floor. Camping spots like these remove both cav and infantry as counters which is bullshit. Seeing as you seem to find the removal of ladders bad though, I am probably talking to a wall. On EU ladders were the lamest and dumbest shit ever, completely detrimental to gameplay. If this spot wasn't a problem on NA, it probably wasn't used like it was in EU. Which also makes me fail to see the big deal of the removal for you.

As a mapmaker and now scene manager I try to create a good experience for everyone. Quick and balanced rounds are my priority. One-sided or one entry way camping spots are bad for the gameplay experience except the party that benefits from it, which is why they do not fit with my definition of a good experience. If you disagree with that, ehh you're not going to be happy with anything I do.

I noticed they changed another map, nord village themed one.  They attempted to make the spawn points better, but one team still controls the top, so it's arguably worse now, since the new bottlenecks are narrower.
I am curious which team you say gets to control the top. Both teams should be able to at least get on top of both walkways before the other one manages to lock it down, which makes the top go to whichever team pushes hardest on it or manages to flank to one of the other two ways up. There are 3 ways up that top of which each team gets to one first, and the third way up should be fairly centered. Can't believe it's worse than spawning each team on top of great camping spots.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 06:54:32 pm by Teeth »

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
  • Renown: 1023
  • Infamy: 306
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Hermann_von_Krems
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2013, 06:58:38 pm »
+12
maybe people who arent favouring certain classes should make maps

Offline JackieChan

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 118
  • Crève salope / Master of left spam
    • View Profile
    • CRPG PATCH!
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_BD_JackieChan
  • IRC nick: JackieChan
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2013, 07:28:11 pm »
+17
The spot on the left was camped by ranged in EU continously and was much closer to one team then the other. As you can see, the ruin top where the staircase leads to allows multiple ranged to completely lock down that location as they can shoot even shielders from both the front and the back simultaneously. Believe me, I have tried to get up there as a shielder. Multiple ranged up there near the end of the round are extremely hard to beat and it happened often. Spot on the right was rarely part of gameplay but for the sake of consistency I'm not not gonna leave that one in as it won't add anything to gameplay apart from camping and drawing out rounds.
Teeth I never noticed massive campfest in those areas tbh. Its true that range used those points as they were the highest places on the map, but as an infantry i didnt see any problem with that. I see your point in trying to even maps for every one, but as others say its just ends up dumbing down the game with no tactics whatsoever. People are basically forced a certain path. Thats one reason why i started hating maps since people started editing native/old maps. What we need in maps is Diversity, current maps do not have it.

Bring native village map back! (the khergit style village with walls surrounding it for those who dont know it)
 Wهاهاهاهاهاهاهاهاهاه