Author Topic: Battle Map - Farm By Ruins  (Read 5785 times)

Offline dynamike

• King
  • Renown: 1212
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Let's be friends again?
    • View Profile
    • The Remnants Clan Website
  • Faction: Stratia
  • Game nicks: Remnant_dynamike
Re: Battle Map - Farm By Ruins
« Reply #75 on: November 08, 2013, 06:19:26 pm »
+1
My problem with this map is the location of tower, the team who starts from the green line spawn is ALWAYS first to climb up the tower & camp it with ranged and win, while the other team coming from red spawn loses most of the time, so i suggest you delete that stupid looking house on a hill with no stairs to it marked with red X and move the tower there and return the stairs marked in blue to both sides of that hill. MAP FIXED.

Really, you want it up there? So you have to first climb the stairs, then climb a tower whose top is a 30 meters above the playing field. Doing that will remove the tower's central position on the map and most likely remove any player interest towards it. Such a height actually makes it hard for ranged to hit targets on ground level. Alternatively I could just check the spawn distances to the staircase and move spawns accordingly, if there is in fact a notable difference.

Or...

or...

or....

(click to show/hide)
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 08, 2013, 06:37:03 pm »
With that general poll being done on the forum which is exactly the place where 'the people that yell the loudest' are located, also containing an unrepresentative ratio of people that do not actually play and just vote based on nostalgia instead of actual experience, also more NA.

Horseshoe Canyon got re-added to the rotation last patch by me, it has been removed for ages and I dug up some old version from your ATS map pack and it might be flawed. You don't even want me to put the tower exactly the same walk time away from the spawns?

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 08, 2013, 07:00:30 pm »
+2
With that general poll being done on the forum which is exactly the place where 'the people that yell the loudest' are located, also containing an unrepresentative ratio of people that do not actually play and just vote based on nostalgia instead of actual experience, also more NA.

Horseshoe Canyon got re-added to the rotation last patch by me, it has been removed for ages and I dug up some old version from your ATS map pack and it might be flawed. You don't even want me to put the tower exactly the same walk time away from the spawns?

What's odd though is that these forums are dominated by the anti-ranged croud. So you have to ask yourself why these changes are recieving so much negative attention.

As far as that map is concerned, that high spot was not unballanced, because its very exposed to enemy ranged and thus quite risky to use. But you can't know that if you don't have enought experience as ranged, and tactical knowledge is essential in map making.

Either that or you're just biased against ranged, because what you did was remove tactical variety from the game, and people don't like that. Nostalgia is just a useful escape goat, and quite a cheap way to ignore community feedback.

Offline dynamike

• King
  • Renown: 1212
  • Infamy: 187
  • Let's be friends again?
    • View Profile
    • The Remnants Clan Website
  • Faction: Stratia
  • Game nicks: Remnant_dynamike
« Reply #78 on: November 08, 2013, 07:33:59 pm »
+1

I don't think there is a fairer option than a poll on the forums - every person gets exactly one vote and the vocal people count just as much as the quiet ones. If it is public knowledge that map changes can be voted on then every player has the option to do so on the forums.

That's exactly the same as public elections in a democracy. People choosing not to go and vote forfeit their opportunity for change.

Thanks for going to the ATS files, there are a lot more maps in there that were just fun to play - if not balanced for every class. One of my personal (nostalgic) favs: Forest Bridge

Honestly, from my experience I have seen either team be able to get to the tower first, simply based on their determination and quick reaction at round start. Horses are also an option to use. Not sure if a change is needed - if it ain't broken, don't touch it.
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #79 on: November 10, 2013, 02:26:42 am »
Teeth & Fips keep on working. Don't listen to these meanies :mad:
(click to show/hide)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

There is no sight in my third eye