Author Topic: Battle Map - Farm By Ruins  (Read 5799 times)

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
Re: Battle Map - Farm By Ruins
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2013, 07:29:54 pm »
+1
Still plenty of hills and buildings for archers to camp on/behind.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Akynos

• Earl
  • Renown: 369
  • Infamy: 157
  • cRPG Player
  • Is now an agiwhore :*(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Skono, Rollmops
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2013, 07:42:18 pm »
+1
I fully endorse the changes. We are at a point in the game where every single little thing can drastically change the results during the battles. When one team has easy access to a superior geographical position you can be 80% sure this team will win. You all whine for balance and so do I. Let's not restrict balance to builds and equipment.

Keep it going Teethy
Kudos to Kulin_Ban for the video

Offline Brutal

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Pecores_Brutal_le chacal Cold_stone Bazooka
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2013, 07:45:58 pm »
+8
Quick and balanced rounds are my priority.

Why should round be quick ?
that's a shitty priority if you ask me.

OFC map where you can never find the enemy should be edited or just trashed (mine for ex)

but what your promoting is just mindless zerging and that's not balanced sorry.

also why don't we habe a blank map with just invisble walls ?
cuz it s boring

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2013, 08:08:14 pm »
+1
Teeth I never noticed massive campfest in those areas tbh. Its true that range used those points as they were the highest places on the map, but as an infantry i didnt see any problem with that. I see your point in trying to even maps for every one, but as others say its just ends up dumbing down the game with no tactics whatsoever. People are basically forced a certain path. Thats one reason why i started hating maps since people started editing native/old maps. What we need in maps is Diversity, current maps do not have it.

Bring native village map back! (the khergit style village with walls surrounding it for those who dont know it)
I disagree with tactics and diversity consisting of one entrance buildings being more reachable by one team. There are still plenty of advantageous locations or positions, but they are not going to be an instawin for the team that gets there first. Camping spots should be reachable by both teams and should not create dead lock situations, preferably both these conditions at the same time, any spot that fulfills neither is gonna get removed by me if I notice it.

Native Village is a terrible map. One team spawns inside a walled area with access to much better positions, it's half a siege map. The entire map has billions of dead end camping spots or spots only reachable by extreme Warband parkour. The map is extremely unfocused with people not able to find eachother for minutes. Sorry, but Native Village is not going to see the light of the rotation as long as I am a scene manager. The only reason people like it because they already know it, if I would map such a map now it would be howled of the server.

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
  • Renown: 1023
  • Infamy: 306
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Hermann_von_Krems
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2013, 08:10:46 pm »
+6
I disagree with tactics and diversity consisting of one entrance buildings being more reachable by one team. There are still plenty of advantageous locations or positions, but they are not going to be an instawin for the team that gets there first. Camping spots should be reachable by both teams and should not create dead lock situations, preferably both these conditions at the same time, any spot that fulfills neither is gonna get removed by me if I notice it.

Native Village is a terrible map. One team spawns inside a walled area with access to much better positions, it's half a siege map. The entire map has billions of dead end camping spots or spots only reachable by extreme Warband parkour. The map is extremely unfocused with people not able to find eachother for minutes. Sorry, but Native Village is not going to see the light of the rotation as long as I am a scene manager. The only reason people like it because they already know it, if I would map such a map now it would be howled of the server.

nice to force your opinion on everybody, appreciate it

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2013, 08:16:31 pm »
+1
I need to have some ideas on what I consider good maps to work with and I am sorry if aiming at smooth and balanced rounds is not valued by the community.

Offline Jeade

• Duke
  • Renown: 569
  • Infamy: 38
  • cRPG Player
  • Well Caleb's a liar.
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
  • Game nicks: MAGA_Jeade, Gregory_McFin, Frat_Lion
  • IRC nick: Jeade
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2013, 08:24:29 pm »
+7
nice to force your opinion on everybody, appreciate it

While I'm not sure I agree with Teeth here, you're always going to have an opinion and someone is always going to disagree.

It just so happens, in this case, that we don't agree with the scene manager.

Like that one village map with the big tower in the center. Sometimes people ignored the tower and it was only occupied by a couple of archers and maybe a ninja. Sometimes a whole team piled in and threatened to kill hostages unless their demands were met. Sometimes half the team piled in and the rest of them died because they were outnumbered and it was a colossal failure. Etc. It made the map really interesting and dynamic... until someone said "fuck towers" and sealed the doors. Now every round on that map is the same since everyone just runs into the village and kills each other and it's totally lame.

On another note, I'd give a strong vote to open up the doors in that tower. That tower gave a huge advantage to whichever team captured it first and was something to actually fight for.
It may be a bitch for a two hander to climb the stairs against four archers at the top of the tower, but a two hander going against four archers in a tower isn't exactly a brilliant course of action.
There are some instances (if not most) where you've been outnumbered, not outclassed.

Anyway, Teeth, thanks for what you're doing. I'd be driven insane if I had to deal with it because such slight changes can greatly alter a map for players.

Offline Little Lord Lollipop

• Duke
  • Renown: 582
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Always Take The Shot
  • Game nicks: Frumpty_Dumpty_ATTS
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2013, 08:59:32 pm »
+5
Glad to see battle maps keep getting dumbed down for the LEEEERRROOOOYYYYY crowd.  Strategic features are what make maps unique and fun to play.
Dear Little Lord Lollipop
You have received a warning for being a total twat.
Best Regards,
The cRPG Forum Team

Offline HarryCrumb

• Earl
  • Renown: 339
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2013, 09:01:58 pm »
+9
lets just make all maps random steppes or random plains

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2013, 09:02:13 pm »
+1
I think the LEEEROY crowd (rambos/ninjas etc) are the worst detriment to the game.  But at the same time, there's still plenty of places archers can camp on the map.

Also agree on the random plains/steppes suggestion.  I'm guessing it was sarcastic, but that's honestly the only maps where people use teamwork (and have to) if they want to stay alive.  Rambo's and LEEEROY JENKINS' types die very quickly there.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 801
  • Infamy: 219
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Quincy_XyNox
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2013, 10:06:01 pm »
Fucking ranged bitches ! How dare they using maplayout to their advantage !!?

Good work Teeth but I have an even better suggestion. You notice how most maps have flat surfaces somewhere around ? Everytime I see tons of Cav there and as Cav are complete cunts they always use this to their advantage to get up to max riding speed and couch people while doing so. I think you should totally add at least one wooden fence piece for every 2 m² where ground is flat in any map. That will teach them cunts not to crutch good riding spots !!!!!

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2013, 10:19:33 pm »
+8
Fucking ranged bitches ! How dare they using maplayout to their advantage !!?

Good work Teeth but I have an even better suggestion. You notice how most maps have flat surfaces somewhere around ? Everytime I see tons of Cav there and as Cav are complete cunts they always use this to their advantage to get up to max riding speed and couch people while doing so. I think you should totally add at least one wooden fence piece for every 2 m² where ground is flat in any map. That will teach them cunts not to crutch good riding spots !!!!!
Next time you GTX, give me your looms.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 801
  • Infamy: 219
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Quincy_XyNox
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2013, 10:24:23 pm »
+1
Next time you GTX, give me your looms.

As long as they dont nerf my stf's because my main is ranged, wont happen. Not implying you would get my looms even if I would GTX.

Offline Fips

• King
  • Renown: 1217
  • Infamy: 290
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2013, 10:27:53 pm »
+15
And yet another great feedback thread! Oh man, what would the Scene Management do without all those rage-filled and/or cynical QQ-threads.

Try map-feedback in the scene editing forum (That is, like, 2 clicks away) and maybe try to do it in a way that won't upset anybody. It's really not that hard if you think about it. Now feed me your -1, i know you want to =D

Offline Jeade

• Duke
  • Renown: 569
  • Infamy: 38
  • cRPG Player
  • Well Caleb's a liar.
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
  • Game nicks: MAGA_Jeade, Gregory_McFin, Frat_Lion
  • IRC nick: Jeade
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2013, 10:30:02 pm »