Author Topic: 0.3.0.4  (Read 38092 times)

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: 0.3.0.4
« Reply #195 on: August 22, 2013, 10:33:45 pm »
+3
The spathovaklion just happens to fill the balanced role in top tier 1h blunt weapons. The military hammer is the longest but also very slow, the warhammer is powerful but has crippling reach.

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
« Reply #196 on: August 22, 2013, 10:34:01 pm »
+3
No weapon that costs 4k should be totally outclassed by another weapon just because it costs more; the cheaper weapon should still have a niche. Again, the Liuyedao is a great example of a weapon that only costs 4k, but it offers a stat combination unavailable on even the most expensive 1h weapons.

The Winged Mace should offer something over the Spathovaklion besides a lower price. I suggest weight; since the Spathovaklion is so fast, it should probably be lighter than the slower blunt weapons.

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #197 on: August 23, 2013, 01:17:26 am »
+3
The spathovaklion just happens to fill the balanced role in top tier 1h blunt weapons. The military hammer is the longest but also very slow, the warhammer is powerful but has crippling reach.
Indeed, the stats were created around the idea of filling the niche of a faster, top tier 1h mace. I see a problem as well, but I think you guys are looking at this from the wrong direction. I think it's more accurate to say the lower tier, massively underused, higher speed maces, are further away from "balance" than the Spathovaklion.

The Iron Mace is 2.5 weight, so why is it 1 less damage than a 1.7 weight mace that is roughly in the same weapon tier?

I'm thinking...
  • -1 damage and +1 speed for the Winged Mace
  • +1 damage for the Iron Mace
  • +1 speed for the Flanged Mace
  • + .3 weight, +2 damage and -2 speed for the Spiked Mace
  • +2 speed for the Knobbed Mace.
More metal: more weight, more damage, less speed. Less metal: less weight, less damage, more speed. .5 weight increases the kd probability quite a bit. This properly creates subclasses for 1h maces.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
« Reply #198 on: August 23, 2013, 02:10:47 am »
+1
  • -1 damage and +1 speed for the Winged Mace
  • +1 damage for the Iron Mace
  • +1 speed for the Flanged Mace
  • + .3 weight, +2 damage and -2 speed for the Spiked Mace
  • +2 speed for the Knobbed Mace.
More metal: more weight, more damage, less speed. Less metal: less weight, less damage, more speed. .5 weight increases the kd probability quite a bit. This properly creates subclasses for 1h maces.

A step in the right direction, and gives mid-tier maces like the Flanged a niche for once. But these changes still leave the Winged Mace flat out inferior to the Spathovaklion. I think the Spathovaklion should be lighter; it's too long and fast to have such a high knockdown chance.

I understand how it's hard to create diversity between so many similar weapons. Maybe one of the "redundant" maces could get replaced with Jarold's 1h Mourningstar?

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 23, 2013, 03:03:11 am »
+1
Damage doesn't necessarily need to follow weight. Some maces might be more effective at knocking down but not so good at inflicting damage, and the spathovaklion would be on the opposite side of the spectrum. I think that makes sense considering the 3D model is really small.

Offline Jarold

• Marshall
  • Renown: 987
  • Infamy: 142
  • "Always wear more armor than the guy next to you."
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarold
« Reply #200 on: August 23, 2013, 08:08:30 am »
+1
Let's face the facts, after your first gen you probably don't have to worry about a 4k increase in gear price. Yesh add me morninshtar in, it needsh it guysh!

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 23, 2013, 02:22:59 pm »
+1
Big déjà vu from Strategus.

strat is different. strat is strat BECAUSE of the banner balance. banner balance belong on strat server but not on frikkin public FFA server lol

yeah... i think i know what you are saying eventho i didnt/havent played much strat; ppl join clans only to win in strat/keep their fief/spying (metagaming... id ban right on spot if i were admin)/whatever.

i would like the clans to be more picky who they accept and i would also like a world without war but... well... :p

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 23, 2013, 02:26:37 pm »
EU4 doesnt have admins, its brocoding deluxe in there. A fuckin shithole of a server, dont duel at the end of a round and your own team will harras you.

i hereby volunteer for admin/mod of EU4

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 23, 2013, 03:47:47 pm »
Damage doesn't necessarily need to follow weight. Some maces might be more effective at knocking down but not so good at inflicting damage, and the spathovaklion would be on the opposite side of the spectrum. I think that makes sense considering the 3D model is really small.

something that is able to knock you out of balance and down will necessarily hurt. you know... physics and stuff... mass + speed :p every action.... u know :p

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 24, 2013, 06:38:29 pm »
+1
something that is able to knock you out of balance and down will necessarily hurt. you know... physics and stuff... mass + speed :p every action.... u know :p

I can push you out of balance with my hands without hurting you, because I can apply a lot of force on a wide surface of your body. Inflicting damage would be easier by applying it on a single point, like with a pick or a sword. That difference also exists with different mace profiles.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 27, 2013, 10:04:15 pm »
+3
I like pretty much all the recent changes to polearms, especially removing the damage of overheads behind the player. Makes 2d poles much more viable by giving them 2 directions they can more reliably use in team fights.

I have noticed a funny issue with overheads though, I seem to hit team mates on the right side of me when they don't seem to be any where near the swing. It feels quite glitchy atm and making me rethink the viability of the overhead in team fights. I'm going to test more but still not convinced atm

Haven't remembered to do a barrel roll yet when knocked down so can't really comment on that yet. I like the concept though and seem some guys rolling around well. Seems to glitch through other players tho
If you have ranged troubles use this:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 28, 2013, 02:28:39 am »
I like pretty much all the recent changes to polearms, especially removing the damage of overheads behind the player. Makes 2d poles much more viable by giving them 2 directions they can more reliably use in team fights.

I have noticed a funny issue with overheads though, I seem to hit team mates on the right side of me when they don't seem to be any where near the swing. It feels quite glitchy atm and making me rethink the viability of the overhead in team fights. I'm going to test more but still not convinced atm

Haven't remembered to do a barrel roll yet when knocked down so can't really comment on that yet. I like the concept though and seem some guys rolling around well. Seems to glitch through other players tho

I'm afraid the overhead from Polearms has been like this for a long time, not just this patch. It's something I noticed myself for a while now, the "top left to lower right" movement, not a perfect angle as Two-Handed swords. It's a bit of a pain when doing proper tactics like shieldwalls and such, hitting teammates might hurt a lot.  :|

Offline Mae.

• Duke
  • Renown: 516
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
  • :3
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnant
  • Game nicks: mae
« Reply #207 on: August 28, 2013, 06:46:58 am »
what happened to shields? crossbows seem to have a chance to go right through shields. I've been shot pointblank with the enemy directly in front of me, shield up.. and bolt ends up in the center of my chest.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Huscarlton_Banks

• Earl
  • Renown: 404
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
  • Blatant nudge spammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 28, 2013, 11:02:49 am »
+3
That's always been there.

Code: [Select]
#missiles with damage > shield_penetration_offset + shield_penetration_factor * shield
#will penetrate.

shield_penetration_offset = 30.0
shield_penetration_factor = 3.0

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #209 on: August 28, 2013, 02:57:06 pm »
what happened to shields? crossbows seem to have a chance to go right through shields. I've been shot pointblank with the enemy directly in front of me, shield up.. and bolt ends up in the center of my chest.
That's always been there.

Code: [Select]
#missiles with damage > shield_penetration_offset + shield_penetration_factor * shield
#will penetrate.

shield_penetration_offset = 30.0
shield_penetration_factor = 3.0
I tried telling you before Mae, it has always done this. Getting shot from point blank range means you're taking the full damage that the crossbow can dish out.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character