Author Topic: 0.3.0.4  (Read 39328 times)

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: 0.3.0.4
« Reply #105 on: August 12, 2013, 09:24:57 pm »
A lot of "smart" and "fun" allies tend to nudge-knockdown archers making them (me for example) easy target for enemy archers and/or cav. Reporting them wont do much since i will die or get damaged afterwards so please use this as a convincing argument from a crying archer that is being nudged almost every round on EU1...

Just remove nudge against aiming friendly archers/xbowers. Retards liek me gonna do that no matter how many times you will press "M", cause it's just too funny, though I'm sure it's annoying as hell for archers and especially xbowers.

Or our (NA) admins are just better (I think that's it).

:shock: :shock: :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 09:28:00 pm by Falka »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 12, 2013, 11:01:11 pm »
I dunno why I always read so much the 1h rightswing hate, probably all siege players who don't require using reach ever or something. Right swing was amazing, I'm scared to find out what it is like now.

The problem with the right swing is that even though there are good ways to exploit its strengths, you can't protect yourself from its weaknesses. Caught against for example a polespammer that keeps rightswinging and turning to your right while facehugging, the right swing is a disaster.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #107 on: August 12, 2013, 11:13:31 pm »
The problem with the right swing is that even though there are good ways to exploit its strengths, you can't protect yourself from its weaknesses. Caught against for example a polespammer that keeps rightswinging and turning to your right while facehugging, the right swing is a disaster.

Look down and you can insta-hit with it, just like with a 2h sword or a polearm (depending on the damage compared to armour of course)
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #108 on: August 12, 2013, 11:20:23 pm »
Apparently there is a new horse teleportation bug
There is not, he's just crying about the horse teleportation bug that happens on occasion (depending on playstyle triggering it can be hard or easy) and only stops once you stop your horse, this has probably been around from the first alpha of the game, it has at least been around since the first time I got on a horse.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #109 on: August 12, 2013, 11:23:32 pm »
Jump leftwards while turning your char so your hit doesn't connect immediately, also I believe the kick was implemented for countering people who purely facehug with no real sense of proper footwork, believe it or not but kicks actually also work against 2n and polearmers...
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #110 on: August 12, 2013, 11:55:30 pm »
There is not, he's just crying about the horse teleportation bug that happens on occasion (depending on playstyle triggering it can be hard or easy) and only stops once you stop your horse, this has probably been around from the first alpha of the game, it has at least been around since the first time I got on a horse.
Yeah, we talked about that a few hours ago and decided it wasn't an additional bug, but the same Warband bug that's been around for ages.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Clockworkkiller

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 872
  • Infamy: 573
  • cRPG Player
  • I shit dopamine
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Clockworkkiller
« Reply #111 on: August 13, 2013, 01:16:00 am »
Is the dagger instant draw thing, really faster? Seems like the same speed to me
You are a horrible human being clockwork.

If i ever get muted on forums, contact me on crpg.net

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 13, 2013, 01:32:50 am »
Is the dagger instant draw thing, really faster? Seems like the same speed to me

same here, but only tried it 2 times.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 13, 2013, 03:05:33 am »
Look down and you can insta-hit with it, just like with a 2h sword or a polearm (depending on the damage compared to armour of course)

I remember trying that with not so much effect, but I'll try again.

It happens much more frequently in cRPG since some patch a few months ago, and yes it is gamebreaking when it happens every round.

Jump leftwards while turning your char so your hit doesn't connect immediately

I don't see 2h doing any complex maneuver to offset such a basic weakness. The point is exactly that you want that attack to connect as soon as possible because you are being spammed, but you can't because of how the animation works, plus overall low damage.

also I believe the kick was implemented for countering people who purely facehug with no real sense of proper footwork, believe it or not but kicks actually also work against 2n and polearmers...

I do kick 2h and polearmers on occasion, but kicking your opponent when he is already at facehug range is much more difficult and also much more riskier than what you make it sound. Shielders are by far the easiest to kick because with their one fast swing and short reach, they are extremely predictable when closing in for an attack, and that's what makes them easy to kick. 2h and polearms can safely keep themselves out of kicking range and simultaneously make sure they hit. With two fast and reliable side swing directions, they can also move left or right without giving it away until it's too late to kick. In other words, starting from the distance at which you want to start your kick, someone that can potentially go in four directions is much harder to kick than someone that will almost always go towards you.

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #114 on: August 13, 2013, 04:56:12 am »
+3
The horse glitch, I have no idea how it exactly occurs, but I feel that I do something similar most times it happens and can't pinpoint what. I made a topic a long time ago hoping that something with WSE2 could address it, but to no avail.

The old 1h right swing, it just felt very awkward. You just swung and turned and hoped it hit first. It was so slow, that I could spam 1hs that tried to right swing after a block in most scenarios. It only needed a slight tweak, and now it works great imo. My bias against it came from both using it and taking advantage of others who used it. It was only useful in a few cases: backpedal swinging after a block, and switching from it to another attack direction. As an approach, overhead seemed much more useful and less likely to get blocked.

After a while, I completely replaced it in my playstyle with overheads and only noticed improvements. The looking down thing sounds interesting, but then wouldn't that worsen your range? Does the enemy have to be at a specific angle on your right, or can they be in front of you? Does it work against decent armor, or does it have to be a lightly armored opponent so you can hit that early? I usually look downwards when I fight, but have only seen my right swing hit absurdly early only once: on a lightly armored foe that was trying to hiltslash me, and it was only enough damage to stun him.

Now, I feel there is good balance between all four attack directions. Left swing is indirectly weaker since right swing can outreach it more easily, and one would need better positioning against someone using the longer overhead or stab, too. It remains great against the other classes, but left swing spammers can get outpaced by more clever 1h players.

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #115 on: August 13, 2013, 07:36:11 am »

It is significantly faster. Try to chain a thrust to it and compare to normal drawing+thrust.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #116 on: August 13, 2013, 04:07:49 pm »

I never had this issue before we started using WSE2.  Been riding cavalry in Warband for years, and since I started crpg about 2.5 years ago. 

It's a pretty fucking terrible bug too.  If I run over one infantry guy, I run a very high risk of "lagging" for about 3 seconds where my horse appears to stop in place, and then slowly move along, but I see it "skip" about 5 meters across the map at a time.  So I'm extremely vulnerable if I bump someone and there's any enemy infantry behind him.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #117 on: August 13, 2013, 05:44:39 pm »
+5
That bug has been there since Warband beta.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #118 on: August 13, 2013, 06:19:21 pm »
That bug has been there since Warband beta.

As someone who was mainly cavalry in Warband beta and pretty much exclusively in crpg since about feb 2011, I can tell you 100% conclusively this never affected me until WSE2. 

If you want me to ask my bro (Tommyhu) I bet he'd confirm this as well (he's the one who got me into Warband and crpg, and he also played cavalry lancer exclusively).  He honestly hasn't even played that much in the last 6-9 months, so I doubt he even would know what issue we're talking about.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 13, 2013, 08:35:06 pm »
+1
It is significantly faster. Try to chain a thrust to it and compare to normal drawing+thrust.
It is the most awesome thing I have ever seen. Very, veeeeeeery good idea. Carrying a dagger instead of a short sword as some sort of a sidearm, has a point now.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D