Author Topic: 0.3.0.4  (Read 38162 times)

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
Re: 0.3.0.4
« Reply #120 on: August 13, 2013, 08:38:22 pm »
Can someone explain in practical terms the 1h right swing changes? I've seen Tydeus' graph, but I haven't really noticed the change during play (probably because I've trained myself not to right swing since it has always been a death sentence to try one against a competent player).

-Is it just that you can turn into the swing and have it connect earlier without glancing (like you can do with 2h/pole sideswings and 1h left swing?)?
-Or is the effective delay shorter?

In other words, how do you position yourself relative to your enemy to take full advantage of it? Like with left swing you want to keep your enemy close and at about your 10-11 O'clock.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #121 on: August 13, 2013, 08:46:41 pm »
I'd say it's closer to the "reverse" of a left swing now.  Whereas before trying to hit someone at 1 or 2 o'clock would usually glance, they seem to connect more often now. 

Got a nice kill on San last night that I expected to glance but connected when he was at my 2 o'clock, but I'd say 2 is about the extreme in which a right swing will connect
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #122 on: August 13, 2013, 08:57:30 pm »
+1
Yeah, it just feels like it releases faster. The speed can catch you by surprise if you're used to the old right swing timing. I like it at 1 o'clock.

Offline Phew

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 13, 2013, 08:59:20 pm »
Yeah, it just feels like it releases faster. The speed can catch you by surprise if you're used to the old right swing timing. I like it at 1 o'clock.

Thanks guys, I'll try it more tonight.

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #124 on: August 13, 2013, 09:50:31 pm »
+1
Haven't played for 2 weeks, logged on this evening, all I can say is: Thank you Tydeus!
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Byrdi

• Earl
  • Renown: 489
  • Infamy: 59
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byrdi, Swiss Chocolate, and lots of other alts
  • IRC nick: Byrdi
« Reply #125 on: August 13, 2013, 10:38:06 pm »
Will these changes be taking affect on EU_4? :(

Offline Rhaelys

• Duke
  • Renown: 509
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: Rhaelys_BlockLeft_of_Chaos
« Reply #126 on: August 13, 2013, 10:40:01 pm »
+4
Regarding the new roll, I would be in favor of some adjustments to it. In its current implementation, it's a godly-beast-ninja-move that works only if you are anticipating being knocked down (ie fighting someone who can knock you down, or getting bumped by a horse that is charging straight at you) because of the early window in the knock down animation. At the same time, if you do perform the roll, you cover more ground in half a second than a naked person running forward with 12 athletics.

My suggestion to improve the usability and balance of the roll is to make the roll slower, cover less ground, but allow the window for input to be during the middle of the knock down animation; ideally a bit later than its current window. Therefore, a horse bump from a cav behind you doesn't necessarily spell doom; with sufficient reflexes you can actually react to that. With the current window you basically have to focus all your conscious effort on spamming A or D when you see the slightest indication of your character going down to the ground.

Quote from: Uumdi
sweet of you guys to celebrate my birthday
wait you're talking about that devils lettuce arent you, god damnit
Quote from: Kreczor
yo you want to burn some sweet romaine tonight?
Quote from: Uumdi
yeah i smoke that dirty green shit fuck iceberg

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #127 on: August 13, 2013, 10:50:53 pm »
+1
Can someone explain in practical terms the 1h right swing changes? I've seen Tydeus' graph, but I haven't really noticed the change during play (probably because I've trained myself not to right swing since it has always been a death sentence to try one against a competent player).

-Is it just that you can turn into the swing and have it connect earlier without glancing (like you can do with 2h/pole sideswings and 1h left swing?)?
-Or is the effective delay shorter?

In other words, how do you position yourself relative to your enemy to take full advantage of it? Like with left swing you want to keep your enemy close and at about your 10-11 O'clock.
The graph is for thrusts and doesn't have anything to do with horizontals. All I did with the right swing was rotate the wrist and move the arm slightly, so that the weapon moves in more of a circular motion, rather than an upside down U. Basically this just allows you to hit sooner, you're looking at close to 50% of the animation's progression to reach a sweet spot, so it's still slower than any other right swing and slightly faster than pole/2h overheads.
This.

(click to show/hide)
Yeah, needs to be a bit slower, weight needs to have more of an affect than it currently does, and distance covered needs slightly reduced. I don't think there is a problem with the difficulty of performing a roll though. It's actually quite easy for myself and a few others that I have spoken with, to do. It's a new feature and it's going to take a bit for players to learn the timing and get used to utilizing it. Maybe in a few weeks or so after its been around for a bit we can have a conversation about the difficulty.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Inglorious

• Earl
  • Renown: 497
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • Courage is our shield
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Banana Republic / Chevaliers
  • Game nicks: IngloriouslyBad / Affordable Cavalry
« Reply #128 on: August 14, 2013, 06:10:16 am »
+2
Right now, the way it is, it's definitely too fast. But, on the other hand, I can now roll out of the way of a two hander furiously up attacking and side swinging at the spot I fell after I am horse bumped.

Causes much hilarity when people furiously swing to catch me rolling (they hating) but hit each other in the process.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 14, 2013, 10:54:29 am »
Wow, 1h stab is so much easier to land now :o

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
« Reply #130 on: August 14, 2013, 04:29:17 pm »
+1
Wow, 1h stab is so much easier to land now :o
too easy i would say
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline okiN

• Marshall
  • Renown: 924
  • Infamy: 129
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 14, 2013, 05:04:29 pm »
+5
Latvian qq, mad cos bad, etc.
Don't.

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #132 on: August 14, 2013, 07:56:27 pm »
+1
Latvians qq, mad cos bad, etc.

That's what they usually do. All 3 of em this game ever had.
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Phew

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 14, 2013, 08:09:55 pm »
+8
too easy i would say

1h spent years being limited to basically two viable attack directions (left and overhead), all the while 2h enjoyed huge sweetspots on every attack direction. Tydeus' tweaks made it so you can't just instinctively block right while fighting a 1h user; you actually have to react to their attack direction. The 1h thrust is still slower than 2h lolstab, but it's at least a viable option now.

More variety on the battlefield is always good!

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 14, 2013, 09:34:07 pm »
Has this been changed on all servers ? I can barely notice a difference on EU_2