Author Topic: 0.3.0.4  (Read 39199 times)

Offline Sparvico

• Marshall
  • Renown: 976
  • Infamy: 174
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Steam ID: Sparvico
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mossbacks
  • Game nicks: Sparvico et al.
Re: 0.3.0.4
« Reply #60 on: August 11, 2013, 01:27:42 am »
So you nerfed the only good thing maulers had going for them, this would be great addition if it could be only used on horse knockdowns to reduce lame bumpers, either change this or maul is officially ded now.

Good, fuck maulers.
Mossback_Westwood: "I swear 2 my semitic God if you give me this bundle of sticks's address I'll cut off his ear and eat it"

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 11, 2013, 01:36:52 am »
+5
So you nerfed the only good thing maulers had going for them, this would be great addition if it could be only used on horse knockdowns to reduce lame bumpers, either change this or maul is officially ded now.

I think he means outside of the highest blunt damage in the game.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline pingpong

• Earl
  • Renown: 423
  • Infamy: 220
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 11, 2013, 01:58:12 am »
I think he means outside of the highest blunt damage in the game.
That 46b dmg dont mean shit if you move like a snail and have 80 speed weapon,  knockdown was THE point of having G maul, ok it still has crusthrough but it pretty much only works againts clueless shielders who forget to backpedal, you get outreached by everything and outpaced by everything as a mauler, thats why we had knockdowns to balance this class against others, now  i dont see the point of using g mauls or maul, just go 2hGSkuyaakhero or ranged and youre winning.

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #63 on: August 11, 2013, 02:22:41 am »
Somehow I really doubt rolls will end the usefulness of knockdown. If you choose to roll, you are also choosing to be on the ground longer, not to mention, you can roll off of edges and you still collide with players while rolling (thus you stop moving).
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #64 on: August 11, 2013, 03:03:17 am »
New 1h stab feels almost as powerful as the 2h stab, I suggest either reverting the change or altering the polearm stab making it longer somehow
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #65 on: August 11, 2013, 03:05:14 am »
+2
That 46b dmg dont mean shit if you move like a snail and have 80 speed weapon,  knockdown was THE point of having G maul, ok it still has crusthrough but it pretty much only works againts clueless shielders who forget to backpedal, you get outreached by everything and outpaced by everything as a mauler, thats why we had knockdowns to balance this class against others, now  i dont see the point of using g mauls or maul, just go 2hGSkuyaakhero or ranged and youre winning.

So 6 athletics is moving like a snail now? You can use a great maul with a 21 - 18 build.. it is just that 90% of 2h heroes choose to go pure str.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Sir_Hans

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Beached_Dolphin, Sir_Hans
« Reply #66 on: August 11, 2013, 03:15:26 am »

crushthrough? + it still does knockdown, just gives players a way to roll out of knockdown.

In my humble opinion, this could be considered more of a nerf to non-crushthrough knockdown weapons than it would be for just mauls.

Something tells me we will still be seeing plenty of mauls in strategus battles/sieges.

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 217
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Tomas
« Reply #67 on: August 11, 2013, 03:45:26 am »
You give them too much credit. 2 full frames of the arm not doing a damned thing being within the sweet spot, isn't mirroring physics. It might need a bit of tweaking now, but it's a lot closer to where it should be, than where it was.

Just look at the point in a baseball, cricket or tennis swing where they actually hit the ball.  Then look at what happens when players swing too early or misjudge a slower ball thereby hitting the ball at a later point in their swing.  At an estimate based on some clips I'd say that their sweet spots are somewhere between a third and half way through the full swing of their bat/racket. 

Obviously cricketers and baseball players don't have to worry as much about what happens after they strike the ball and so the tend to add prolonged flourishes or long follow throughs to their swings, whereas a fighter would need a shorter more controlled follow through to maintain control ready for any counter attack or their next attack.  The principle is still the same though and certainly the last 10-20% of any arm extension during attack animations, should not be part of the sweet spot imo.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 03:49:44 am by Tomas »

Offline pingpong

• Earl
  • Renown: 423
  • Infamy: 220
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 11, 2013, 04:38:35 am »
So 6 athletics is moving like a snail now? You can use a great maul with a 21 - 18 build.. it is just that 90% of 2h heroes choose to go pure str.
if i remember right it had something to do with more STR= higher knockdown/crushthru chance, hence why 90% go that route.

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #69 on: August 11, 2013, 04:51:05 am »
+3
Just look at the point in a baseball, cricket or tennis swing where they actually hit the ball.  Then look at what happens when players swing too early or misjudge a slower ball thereby hitting the ball at a later point in their swing.  At an estimate based on some clips I'd say that their sweet spots are somewhere between a third and half way through the full swing of their bat/racket. 

Obviously cricketers and baseball players don't have to worry as much about what happens after they strike the ball and so the tend to add prolonged flourishes or long follow throughs to their swings, whereas a fighter would need a shorter more controlled follow through to maintain control ready for any counter attack or their next attack.  The principle is still the same though and certainly the last 10-20% of any arm extension during attack animations, should not be part of the sweet spot imo.
What do horizontal swings like this have to do with the 1h thrust?
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Gmnotutoo

• King
  • Renown: 1387
  • Infamy: 229
  • Space Pope of BIRD CLAN
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns
  • Game nicks: Gmnotutoo
« Reply #70 on: August 11, 2013, 06:43:33 am »
+2
Thank you for the dodge mechanic, I feel more immersed in my ninja character now more than ever.

Give me a stealth option and I'll give you my undying love for forevers.

THIS IS A MANLY CLAN. FOR MANLY MEN. DOING MANLY THINGS.

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #71 on: August 11, 2013, 07:50:19 am »
I think the roll covers too much ground.  Not really an issue on NA 1 Battle, but on NA2 or Strategus, its moving way too fast compared to what the people in heavy armor can keep up with.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
« Reply #72 on: August 11, 2013, 08:09:51 am »
+1
good job, fix some random things except such unimportant thing as horse teleports, good game devs, cavalry is unplayable for almost week.
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #73 on: August 11, 2013, 08:44:24 am »
+9
We can't fix horse teleport. It's a cmp thing. We can only do stuff that is within our power. It's like complaining that the garbage men still take away your trash while the Euro crisis isn't solved.

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
« Reply #74 on: August 11, 2013, 09:48:08 am »
why cmp is not fixing it? too bussy with BG  or what?
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.