• cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
Re: NA2
« Reply #60 on: August 10, 2013, 12:17:47 am »
+1
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Other than that gif i'm just going to ignore your post. Oh well, and you can have my -1. Not going to reply in detail to that with madness filled horsecrap.

Offline dontgothere

• Count
  • Renown: 295
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: DONT_GO_THERE, ARTIEstrongestmanINTHEWORLD, WHERES_MY_CHIPPY, PINGAS, derpyhooves, George_Costanza
« Reply #61 on: August 10, 2013, 12:23:44 am »
not going to fix anything either

Offline Fips

• King
  • Renown: 1217
  • Infamy: 290
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 10, 2013, 12:25:03 am »
Okay, if you are really serious about me fixing stuff you can always go to the Scene Editing forum and leave some constructive criticism there. What you just did is not going to help anybody. =)

Edit: I think i'm doing a fine job, servers did not crash yet because of me.

Offline dontgothere

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: DONT_GO_THERE, ARTIEstrongestmanINTHEWORLD, WHERES_MY_CHIPPY, PINGAS, derpyhooves, George_Costanza
« Reply #63 on: August 10, 2013, 12:26:18 am »
No, I'm not serious about you fixing stuff, I'm serious about you and the others who are responsible not being the ones who work on this. Go do something else for CRPG, but it's just painfully obvious from all the mistakes and ruination that this isn't what you or the others are suited for.

It's not just that mistakes were made, it's that people gave you solutions and were completely ignored. The feedback was there, the alternatives were there, and the badmins just hid behind an attitude just like you're doing now.

Offline Fips

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 10, 2013, 12:27:57 am »
+1
So why didn't you apply for the Scene Manager position? You seem like you're the perfect fit for this.

Edit: Okay, i'm done here. I already did too much trashtalking now.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 12:32:52 am by Fips »

Offline dontgothere

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 10, 2013, 12:29:05 am »
Because I would hate working with you or the others. You would obviously never let a single decent idea get through. That's not just speculation; it's proved by the last year or so. So long as the people in charge of siege are the same people who fucked up siege and then ignored all the community response, there's no point. You've got lead eardrums, don't listen to a damn thing.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 12:36:43 am by dontgothere »

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 10, 2013, 12:36:37 am »
+8
Topic: NA2
Most recent poster: dontgothere

Coincidence?
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline dontgothere

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 10, 2013, 12:37:05 am »
+1
lol  :cry:

Offline dontgothere

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 10, 2013, 12:46:20 am »
srslee tho fips, get us back flag contest overtime and i'll cut you a break

Offline Fips

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 10, 2013, 12:52:29 am »
+2
You probably won't. My guts tell me that you are one of those people that never stop complaining.
Also, most of what you blame on me is either out of my powers or happened long before i became scene manager. Like overtime.

Offline dontgothere

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 10, 2013, 01:05:59 am »
Incessant complaining does more for progress than staid contentment, but you can look at my post history and see that I was a lot more open to the CRPG devs before the last year of shits got dropped on us NA players.
So you weren't scene manager then but you are now and you still haven't done something about it. If there's really nothing you can do then maybe the fuckups want Scene Managers to be the meatshield between them and the community.

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #71 on: August 10, 2013, 01:53:45 am »
Incessant complaining does more for progress than staid contentment, but you can look at my post history and see that I was a lot more open to the CRPG devs before the last year of shits got dropped on us NA players.
As an NA player, I find myself utterly confused as to what you might be talking about with this statement. Furthermore, your incessant douchebaggery towards Fips makes my skin crawl. I can understand not liking siege, I certainly don't like it, but neither Fips nor Teeth have anything to do with why siege is bad or why NA2 has found itself without players. Hell, they haven't even been Scene Managers for a full month yet.

At least contribute something before you go bitching like a child.

I could have sworn I saw Para complaining that he had all kinds of suggestions for NA2 map rotation, but they wouldn't let him touch it.
Well Jacko made a thread in the NA Admin section that was up for quite a while and no one said they'd like to take the position. Para, being an admin, has full access to the thread, yet he did say anything. So he's either inactive, or doesn't want the position.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 02:02:34 am by Tydeus »
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #72 on: August 10, 2013, 05:27:37 am »
+2
So basically, the easiest fix would be to get an NA admin who plays almost exclusively siege (like phew or elindor) on a regular basis, and give them the power "that no one wanted" to change the map rotation to accommodate the current server population. But instead NA got (at least) 2 new admins who exclusively play battle. Thanks. Half of the reason NA2 sucks nowadays is when you do have a higher pop you have plenty of leechers, or people that join just to duel their buddy, etc.

(click to show/hide)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Renown: 1178
  • Infamy: 158
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: Elindor
« Reply #73 on: August 10, 2013, 07:43:58 am »
I appreciate your vote of confidence Jona, unfortunately Admins can only vote to change the current map (which could help), they do not have the power to set the map rotation...

That is something that Jacko used to do and now Fips/Teeth do.

I am hopeful that it will improve over time as the new Scene Manager/ Scene Reviewer system gets put into place...but yes, maps need to be looked at to make sure they are not a glitchy mess and if they are they need to be removed or better yet never let into the rotation to begin with.

- I am not sure ladders is a good idea to bring back overall (at least not in its formerly existing form)
- I am sure that overtime was a good thing

---

It's interesting having played a lot of siege, and now a lot of battle...I see roughly the same ratio of teamwork vs no teamwork, roughly the same ratio of "balanced" rounds to "omfg what in GOD's holy name is the balancer doing" rounds, and in all honesty a roughly similar ratio of skilled to unskilled players.  I think many battle players have just formed a long standing bias.  Which is fine....
Elindor, Archon of the Holy Guard
Holy Guard Thread :HERE
Banner Shop : HERE // Map Thread : HERE

Offline Jacko

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 839
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fffnanguard!
  • Game nicks: Jacko
« Reply #74 on: August 10, 2013, 01:34:47 pm »
+2
NA2 rotation has had the same treatment as EU2 for the past years, with some minor changes sometimes done by shik.

There was indeed a thread where NA players were discussing why it was dying (or being dead rather). That thread was mostly about clan stacking/str crutchers or "bring back ATS maps" (which for most part were horrible). Meanwhile, EU had no problem sustaining and increasing it's population.

Bottom line is, siege map rotation or even maps are not the reason "NA2 is dying", if it were we would see the same happening in EU. Clearly, this is not the case.

dontgothere, you seem frustrated, angry and honestly a bit silly. Calm down.

It's not just that mistakes were made, it's that people gave you solutions and were completely ignored. The feedback was there, the alternatives were there, and the badmins just hid behind an attitude just like you're doing now.

This is a complete and blatant lie. A figment of your imagination I gather. Projecting your frustration with angry posts is not the same as being constructive.

Most post done in a constructive manner in Scene Editing have been answered and Very Often also resulted in a change. I dare say that it's the most progressive part of the dev team when it comes to player input.
Monkeys!