Author Topic: Ryse. What the actual fuck?  (Read 9679 times)

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
Re: Ryse. What the actual fuck?
« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2013, 11:06:11 pm »
Just looks like another generic button flicker console game with slow motion and gore... The animations look like shit and don't flow at all. Also what the fuck is up with the armour? It looks so shiny and modern.

I probably would of loved this game when I was 10 because at 10 I was playing Spartan: Total Warrior.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Haha yes this was an awesome game. Pure joy of button bushing with OP weapons.

Offline TheAppleSauceMan

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • dear god I hate throwers
    • View Profile
    • Look and you'll enjoy.
  • Faction: Dracul, RUFF RYDERS
  • Game nicks: Dracul_AppleSauce_FieldBauss | Wiff Khalifa | U_Having_A_Giggle_M8
« Reply #46 on: July 03, 2013, 12:56:20 am »
Just looks like another generic button flicker console game with slow motion and gore... The animations look like shit and don't flow at all. Also what the fuck is up with the armour? It looks so shiny and modern.

I probably would of loved this game when I was 10 because at 10 I was playing Spartan: Total Warrior.

Damn I forgot about this game! Ah good memories!  :mrgreen:
I'm rock, nerf paper, scissors is fine. Welcome to c-RPG.

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
« Reply #47 on: July 03, 2013, 05:06:49 am »
I seriuslly hate the movie and gameindustry for overusing Sparta for everything. Im pretty sure the name itself is already close to getting bought by Pepsi or McDonalds or something. Thats what happens when the entertainmentindustries rape something for some good amount of time. The thing they rape looses seriusness and a soul in the process.

They kinda did a good work with using "Spartan" for Halo though =D
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."

Offline Zanze

• Earl
  • Renown: 366
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
  • Game nicks: Raven_Zan
« Reply #48 on: July 03, 2013, 08:01:44 am »
It looks good, I like the idea... However, that armor... God that armor.

Oh, and if they make us do murder on the scale of Spartan:Total Warrior with button combo or whatever the term is, I will take the arrow out of that Roman soldier's eye and stick it in my own.

Also, who would they be attacking I am wondering. I don't know much Roman History, but I thought the "barbarian" tribes were using wood forts. Those axe guys also don't look too Greek / Carthaginian... but then again I didn't look too closely.

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
« Reply #49 on: July 04, 2013, 04:09:12 pm »
Yeah, I was thinking about that, too.

In all probability, the Barbarians captured a roman fortress(Even though It does not really look roman made)and the romans now try to reconquer it.
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #50 on: July 04, 2013, 10:37:53 pm »
+4
Eh, do you honestly think historical fidelity ever once entered the minds of the people making this "game"? It's just going to be a Rome=USA, Call of Duty propaganda entirely performed through QTE's. Pretty much the same way 300 turned Spartans into macho American parodies, crying about freedom and liberty and fighting against tyranny, when they were actually some of the most disgusting slavers and eugenicists of the ancient world. Fascist social darwinians before the words ever existed.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 04, 2013, 11:52:09 pm »
Hey, don't be like that, now. Spartans had a good thing going.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Zanze

• Earl
  • Renown: 366
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
  • Game nicks: Raven_Zan
« Reply #52 on: July 05, 2013, 04:49:07 pm »
Eh, do you honestly think historical fidelity ever once entered the minds of the people making this "game"? It's just going to be a Rome=USA, Call of Duty propaganda entirely performed through QTE's. Pretty much the same way 300 turned Spartans into macho American parodies, crying about freedom and liberty and fighting against tyranny, when they were actually some of the most disgusting slavers and eugenicists of the ancient world. Fascist social darwinians before the words ever existed.

Best summary of the Spartans ever.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 05, 2013, 05:06:54 pm »

Aye. The murican spartanshit is seriuslly getting on my tits aswell. I wounder why in these spartan movies they didnt explain exactly why where the Spartans so well trained compared to other greeks. I quess they never dared to explain the cruel realism, in fear of we suddenly not rooting for them. Whoever states that it was to keep their freedum deserves to be beaten to death with a historytextbook.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #54 on: July 05, 2013, 05:28:11 pm »
Aye. The murican spartanshit is seriuslly getting on my tits aswell. I wounder why in these spartan movies they didnt explain exactly why where the Spartans so well trained compared to other greeks. I quess they never dared to explain the cruel realism, in fear of we suddenly not rooting for them. Whoever states that it was to keep their freedum deserves to be beaten to death with a historytextbook.
FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 05, 2013, 05:36:20 pm »
+1
FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mel Gibson the fucking scotsman would be proud. :lol:

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #56 on: July 05, 2013, 10:53:49 pm »
+1
So would Grey Worm
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #57 on: July 05, 2013, 11:59:48 pm »
+2
Mel Gibson the fucking scotsman would be proud. :lol:

Pretty much the single most grating line in a movie EVER.

If there was a film that could single handedly point out how horrible innacurate Hollywood could make a historical film...that would be it. O and The Patriot.

Yeah yeah it's not just cause I'm biased about the English getting raped in films.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #58 on: July 06, 2013, 12:02:10 am »
they were actually some of the most disgusting slavers and eugenicists of the ancient world. Fascist social darwinians before the words ever existed.

lol

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #59 on: July 06, 2013, 12:17:04 am »
Pretty much the single most grating line in a movie EVER.

If there was a film that could single handedly point out how horrible innacurate Hollywood could make a historical film...that would be it. O and The Patriot.

Yeah yeah it's not just cause I'm biased about the English getting raped in films.
The Patriot was a really shitty piece of ahistorical shit, amazing how they can take some war and just shit all over it and call it a movie, just like pretty much any movie Mel Gibson would act in, also fuck the Scottish, Englishmen are the best Euros, and Americans are the Englishmen who got sent off to the new world for being genetically superior.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.