Author Topic: Ryse. What the actual fuck?  (Read 10361 times)

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
Re: Ryse. What the actual fuck?
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2013, 06:19:11 pm »
+1
The first impression of the previews I saw were like "OMG That looks fucking awesome" and then I realized everything is a button press and then an event happens...no thank you, I prefer to play my video games.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2013, 06:47:32 pm »
+2
The first impression of the previews I saw were like "OMG That looks fucking awesome" and then I realized everything is a button press and then an event happens...no thank you, I prefer to play my video games.
How come I seem to agree with you with pretty much everything besides balance and whether or not you're a shitbird?
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2013, 06:53:37 pm »
+1
Cuz I'm a cool guy with reasonable opinions based somewhat on logic, mainly on "truthiness" and dat gut feeling
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2013, 06:59:55 pm »
Cuz I'm a cool guy with reasonable opinions based somewhat on logic, mainly on "truthiness" and dat gut feeling
Colbert is hot <3, could totally do him.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Tot.

• Duke
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2013, 07:32:48 pm »
On the long run consoles aren't cheaper, what you lose when buying a new pc you get back by not buying games full price.

The question was about buying console, not games.

- I dont know what are these specs you speak of. Havent checked any specs of any game in a loooooong time now. Bought some slightly over the average PC 4 years ago. Plays everything, mybe not on very high anymore, but in high sure thing. I see no problem here. Same for bunch of other people I know.

Try ie. ARMA 3.

Mods compatible with cRPG. New crosshairs, textures, sounds, yay.

Offline Clockworkkiller

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 872
  • Infamy: 573
  • cRPG Player
  • I shit dopamine
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Clockworkkiller
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2013, 07:39:56 pm »
+1
Alright, let me reword my statement, as at the time I typed that post, I was having a bit of "nerdrage"

First, I play both console and PC, most of my games are on console, the reason for this is cause my PC isn't the best, it has trouble running most games. Plus, all my friends own consoles

Second, don't blame consoles, blame the new generation of gamers, we have kids younger than ever playing games like call of duty, devs are dumbing down games to suite this wide audience of well, dumb players.

Third, myself, and many other people, are damn tired of these elitist's, we know games look better on a PC, we know we don't have mods, or amazingly cheap steam sales.

That said, I agree with you guys, I hate dumbing down of games, I dislike the direction the game industry is heading. I enjoy a challenge.
You are a horrible human being clockwork.

If i ever get muted on forums, contact me on crpg.net

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2013, 09:41:41 pm »
+2
Second, don't blame consoles, blame the new generation of gamers, we have kids younger than ever playing games like call of duty, devs are dumbing down games to suite this wide audience of well, dumb players.

But alas this is down to the devs themselves and companies that just want the big bucks, not to make good games. I personally blame the companies for producing those gamers, not the other way around. The console wars really brought on that market. That new generation of gamers wouldn't be there if they hadn't been fed an IV drip of mindless addictive games on consoles for so many years.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2013, 09:52:14 pm »
+1
But alas this is down to the devs themselves and companies that just want the big bucks, not to make good games. I personally blame the companies for producing those gamers, not the other way around. The console wars really brought on that market. That new generation of gamers wouldn't be there if they hadn't been fed an IV drip of mindless addictive games on consoles for so many years.

Blame WoW, they dumbed down the game for the lowest common denominator and went on to record profits.  hardcore fans of MMO's hated WoW, but casual gamers and 10 year olds loved it.  Lots of Publisher's will only fund games that follow the same model (appeal to as many people as possible, rather than appealing to fans of a certain genre, aka people who like "good" games)
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Tomas_of_Miles

• Count
  • Renown: 263
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rusty mercenary siege engineer
  • Game nicks: Something with Tomas in it
« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2013, 10:14:41 pm »
+1
Meh I don't really see the problem with catering for young people with games. We were all 10 once.
Professional poop cleaner

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2013, 10:18:58 pm »
+2
Meh I don't really see the problem with catering for young people with games. We were all 10 once.

Yes that's fine to make video games for children.  But when all MMO's follow the same shitty formula and leave us with choosing between "not playing MMO's" or playing ones made for 10 year olds, then it's frustrating for adults.

Or people who enjoy playing good video games may have a problem with all games being made so 10 year olds don't rage and quit.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2013, 11:26:29 pm »
+4
Well when shooters that technically have a higher age rating are designed for 10 year olds. Yeah I know we all played 18's when we were 11/12 but at least then they were made for adults.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 11:42:24 pm by Overdriven »

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2013, 05:54:12 pm »
Not only 10 year olds enjoy playing dumb and easy games. It wouldn't surprise me the average executive doesn't want to play a stressful game. Besides, you still have games 100% suitable for kids that are sometimes incredibly hard.

Offline Havoco

• Duke
  • Renown: 538
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospookfans
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Havoc
  • IRC nick: Havoco
« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2013, 12:25:44 pm »
+1
Not only 10 year olds enjoy playing dumb and easy games. It wouldn't surprise me the average executive doesn't want to play a stressful game. Besides, you still have games 100% suitable for kids that are sometimes incredibly hard.

Oregon trail! WoW really isn't made for 10 year olds, but just for casual players instead. Though there are games made for children like that magic 101 game.
Pock gobblers

Offline Korgoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 742
  • Infamy: 100
  • cRPG Player
  • I've dated girls uglier than you for Breakfast
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Basileia ton Romaion
  • Game nicks: Korgoth
  • IRC nick: Korgoth
« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2013, 03:38:00 am »
+1
Just looks like another generic button flicker console game with slow motion and gore... The animations look like shit and don't flow at all. Also what the fuck is up with the armour? It looks so shiny and modern.

I probably would of loved this game when I was 10 because at 10 I was playing Spartan: Total Warrior.

Korgoth's Retextures
Korgoth's Hierloom Stall

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 02, 2013, 06:06:26 pm »
+2
I seriuslly hate the movie and gameindustry for overusing Sparta for everything. Im pretty sure the name itself is already close to getting bought by Pepsi or McDonalds or something. Thats what happens when the entertainmentindustries rape something for some good amount of time. The thing they rape looses seriusness and a soul in the process.