Author Topic: Ryse. What the actual fuck?  (Read 9523 times)

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
Re: Ryse. What the actual fuck?
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2013, 08:16:46 am »
+1
I think we already have that attention and popularity. Consoles may have a lot exclusives but their gamelist will forever be inferior. Already due to the fact that they lack entire genres the PCs have. Also the fact that consoles have no mods is a big minus. Excuse me but what are the plusses of owning a console? Besides getting to sit on a couch? No im serius, I have never heard of any legit plusses besides getting to play some exclusives? Ive heard of couple of joke ones. Like when you own a pc its garbage to play with it cause you have to wait till the games install, all the windows updates and you have to have an anti-virus.  Which is some funny quick random reasons......

Enjoy having your pockets emptied by used games and online fees you corprate sheeps. Just cause they slightly backtracked for now, doesnt mean they will stop you know. Dicks like EA and Microsoft will forever try to demand pointless fees from consoleplayers. And not long till Sony catches up aswell.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2013, 10:10:15 am »
+2
As someone who plays primarily on consoles, I say you can all take your PC elitist bullshit and fuck yourselves.
Stop pirating games and bashing other platforms, maybe you'll get the love, attention and popularity you desire.
Nerdrage.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Tot.

• Duke
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2013, 11:00:48 am »
+2
Excuse me but what are the plusses of owning a console? Besides getting to sit on a couch? No im serius, I have never heard of any legit plusses besides getting to play some exclusives?

- cheaper
- not worrying about specs
- mostly idiotproof/casual friendly

Mods compatible with cRPG. New crosshairs, textures, sounds, yay.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2013, 11:51:06 am »
+2
On the long run consoles aren't cheaper, what you lose when buying a new pc you get back by not buying games full price.

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2013, 01:40:25 pm »
+1
To turn the discussion away from the endless PC vs. console thing:

I see a general development for games to cater the "braindead masses" by explaining everything, making the player unable to fail (in most cases dying is the only thing which can happen - it's not like you can screw things up any more by completing a task the wrong way and facing the consequences, and be it no reward), concentrating more on graphics than depth of gameplay and so on. Just take a look at AAA titles like Assassin's Creed III, where you only have one attack counter button in difference to several possible counter measures in the other games. Or Call of Duty, which actually is a simple, raw shooter without any gameplay experiences. Or the two latest Elder Scrolls games, with their quest marker and various other things they dumbed down like enchanting or creting spells.

What happens on TV with American Idol and Wife Swap is happening in the games department as well, at least considering AAA titles. I guess same as the producers of Wife Swap know that they are actually doing worthless bullshit, all those game designers (hopefully) know they are producing inferior game crap, but since the biggest profit seems to come from the dumbest games, you can't really blame them. The only one you can blame are the dumb players who feel satisfied with those games.

Thank god a healthy indie-department is developing, and as many disadvantages and haters Steam might have, Greenlight is something wonderfull and should be supported. This is why everyone should instead of buying one AAA title should think about rather buying three indie titles. You will make a much much better deal. Unless you are a braindead idiot, and watching nice graphics and animations is fine for you, even if you gameplay consists of smashing one or two buttons.

Still I think Ryse is oversooting  bit, and even the braindead gamers won't like it. At least not proportionally to the developtment effort. It will sell well, but it will sell less than other AAA titles of that period. At least I hope so, it would be a good thing.

WHen I think back to the times of Spore and all the hassle about it, it is still soooooo much better than most AAA titles released today, and has so much more depth in it, it actually makes me cry, because it's still a shitty game.
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1140
  • Infamy: 1441
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2013, 03:26:53 pm »
+1
As someone who plays primarily on consoles, I say you can all take your PC elitist bullshit and fuck yourselves.
Stop pirating games and bashing other platforms, maybe you'll get the love, attention and popularity you desire.

As someone who is PC elitist gamer for more than 15 years, I say you can gtfo! This is cRPG forum and cRPG is a mod for PC exclusive game called Mount & Blade. Find some other place to spread propaganda, console peasant.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2013, 03:28:23 pm »
On the long run consoles aren't cheaper, what you lose when buying a new pc you get back by not buying games full price.

or not buying games at all but acquiring them in other ways, then consoles are more expensive after just a few games bought
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2013, 03:54:54 pm »
+10
When I've heard the thing with "lay down controller, complete game anyway", I thought this can't be real.

Now I think it's a clever cynical criticism on where the gaming industry is headed.

I mean think about it. You are a game developing company and see how games get dumbed down around you. As a result, you say "let's show them where this will lead", take the shortcut to the end, and create a game where you take every kind of influence out. It's the most subtle criticism ever.

Genious!

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2013, 04:00:42 pm »
When I've heard the thing with "lay down controller, complete game anyway", I thought this can't be real.

Now I think it's a clever cynical criticism on where the gaming industry is headed.

I mean think about it. You are a game developing company and see how games get dumbed down around you. As a result, you say "let's show them where this will lead", take the shortcut to the end, and create a game where you take every kind of influence out. It's the most subtle criticism ever.

Genious!

:wink:

But no. Moneeeyyyyy.
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2013, 04:03:17 pm »
Who can beat the game fastest without touching your joypad

Edit: I'd rather they'd make this a movie.  :rolleyes:
No interaction makes it a movie...
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Thovex
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2013, 04:27:51 pm »
No interaction makes it a movie...

2 bad there is interaction
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2013, 04:29:39 pm »
+1
- cheaper
- not worrying about specs
- mostly idiotproof/casual friendly
- not at all always.

- I dont know what are these specs you speak of. Havent checked any specs of any game in a loooooong time now. Bought some slightly over the average PC 4 years ago. Plays everything, mybe not on very high anymore, but in high sure thing. I see no problem here. Same for bunch of other people I know.

- Perhaps on some occasions. But people today are forced to use a PC one way or another. Installing and playing a game is not rocketscience if you already installed Skype and Chrome on your own. Especially now that most new games have auto-patching. Sure something occasionally screws up and you have to check the forums. But yea, I quess it really is most idiotproof, but with a cost of not being able to customize your own gamingsystem or gameexperience with unoffical patches, mods and other goodies. One game had a 5 dollar dlc to paint your costume black on the xbox. :lol:
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 04:33:55 pm by TiberiusX »

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2013, 04:35:58 pm »
+2

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2013, 04:49:27 pm »
+2
- I dont know what are these specs you speak of. Havent checked any specs of any game in a loooooong time now. Bought some slightly over the average PC 4 years ago. Plays everything, mybe not on very high anymore, but in high sure thing. I see no problem here. Same for bunch of other people I know.

Yup I bought my graphics card almost 4 years ago. I've still yet to come across a game that I can't play on high and most of the time I can play on very high. Usually the things that slow it down are shitty effects like blur, glare and stuff like that which I always take off any way because they look bad regardless. Even my cpu is about 3 years old.

I just never saw the point in consoles. Fuck paying £50 for every game. Sure great for playing with friends on the couch. But I'll just let them spend the money  :)

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2013, 05:01:34 pm »
+1

Genious!
I lol'd.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.