Author Topic: ETA on nudge removal  (Read 3756 times)

Offline Akynos

• Earl
  • Renown: 369
  • Infamy: 157
  • cRPG Player
  • Is now an agiwhore :*(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Skono, Rollmops
Re: ETA on nudge removal
« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2013, 01:20:39 pm »
whoooooooooooooooooooo so we will dodge arrows like him?  -->visitors can't see pics , please register or login

i'm officially wet and horny now.

+1 for highly appropriate sig
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Kudos to Kulin_Ban for the video

Offline Kadeth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: kadeth
« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2013, 01:25:50 pm »

Stop trying to use your +1's as a crutch to your argument.

Hey, what about one of the devs resorting to racism in his argument?

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 995
  • Infamy: 483
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2013, 01:26:15 pm »
will you also implement kick countering nudge like nudge counters kick? that would be awesome , thx. also paul dous play fyi

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2013, 01:29:28 pm »
Yep kinda easy to avoid. just keep the distance and abuse ghost reach mechanics like every 2h hero does.  :wink:

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 19, 2013, 01:35:30 pm »
+2
I must say that I am really confident in the way cRPG evolves. Waiting for the next patch and the time when you introduce nudges to other classes like shieldbashes etc.

(click to show/hide)
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2013, 02:15:29 pm »
+4
Paul, I love your stuff, I hope nudge get better but not removed.

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #51 on: June 19, 2013, 02:16:36 pm »
+6
I dunno why kick should counter nudge but I added nudge counter trinity so that defend nudge counters normal nudge counters attack nudge counters defend nudge. Dunno how it will work out tho.

Offline Necrorave

• Duke
  • Renown: 609
  • Infamy: 71
  • Who the fuck is this guy?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul
  • Game nicks: Necrorave and or Cheesus Crust
  • IRC nick: Necrorave
« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2013, 02:42:29 pm »
I dunno why kick should counter nudge but I added nudge counter trinity so that defend nudge counters normal nudge counters attack nudge counters defend nudge. Dunno how it will work out tho.

I can see a lot of wonky moments.  (Not knowing what knocked you down) although, I feel it won't be anything that will break the game.  If a player doesn't want to take a chance of being knocked down they won't kick/nudge.  Simple enough

Offline Perverz

• Earl
  • Renown: 381
  • Infamy: 180
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Barabe_Perverz
« Reply #53 on: June 19, 2013, 04:52:16 pm »
nudge is really funny thing.......... i enjoy to use it especialy when i see corsair......
buddy u are running so fast just like your byz buddys
BARABE:
those without the necessary properties of good in human society, coarse, vulgar and violent man, scumbags

Offline Swaggart

• Earl
  • Renown: 481
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 19, 2013, 04:57:48 pm »
My gripe with nudge is that  I don't understand why it was added to begin with. Very few people play exclusively as a 1h no shield player, and that is a choice that they made. This game isn't rapier dueling in Renaissance Italy, it's medieval warfare. To give them something that only benefits them is baffling from a game design point of view, and it inevitably has lead to people complaining about it.

To add something exclusively for one class, very likely the least played class (except maybe the nerfed into the ground HAs), just makes it seem like someone lobbied hard enough for it simply for the benefit of their own playstyle. What's even more funny is that people that seriously played 1h no shield were actually quite good at it without the nudge.

It also gives ranged classes far more utility because now they can melee extremely effectively, while also maintaining their ranged capabilities

Offline Necrorave

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 19, 2013, 05:01:24 pm »
My gripe with nudge is that  I don't understand why it was added to begin with. Very few people play exclusively as a 1h no shield player, and that is a choice that they made. This game isn't rapier dueling in Renaissance Italy, it's medieval warfare. To give them something that only benefits them is baffling from a game design point of view, and it inevitably has lead to people complaining about it.

To add something exclusively for one class, very likely the least played class (except maybe the nerfed into the ground HAs), just makes it seem like someone lobbied hard enough for it simply for the benefit of their own playstyle. What's even more funny is that people that seriously played 1h no shield were actually quite good at it without the nudge.

It also gives ranged classes far more utility because now they can melee extremely effectively, while also maintaining their ranged capabilities

It was the start of adding nudges to all other classes.  They just started with the one class that would probably use it most.

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 995
  • Infamy: 483
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #56 on: June 19, 2013, 05:12:25 pm »

because nudge counters kick, should be the other way arround to.... simple as that, and all nudges should counter all nudges,, the reflex time to do the right counter is to short, same as kicks hardly get countered by kicks, just some healthy feedback here.

Offline Swaggart

• Earl
  • Renown: 481
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 19, 2013, 05:13:52 pm »
(click to show/hide)

That still doesn't answer why one class got nudge and the others didn't. If nudge will be the same across all classes (as in, having the same mechanics) then why not give it to all classes? And as a person that is currently playing 2h, please for the life of fuck do not give 2h nudge. Nudge and longsword? No thanks.

If it was given only to 1h no shield for testing purposes, it still doesn't make sense. Giving it to all classes would mean much more testing about it's capabilities when all classes have the ability.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 19, 2013, 05:14:35 pm »
+1
It was the start of adding nudges to all other classes.  They just started with the one class that would probably use it most.

And seeing how badly it was received by pro players which hates everything that modifies the in-game skill balance, it was a good idea to not put it on all classes all at once;

Else you would have seen everywhere : why did you put nudge on all classes ? game is completely fucked !

(click to show/hide)

Offline Necrorave

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 19, 2013, 05:17:57 pm »
If it was given only to 1h no shield for testing purposes, it still doesn't make sense. Giving it to all classes would mean much more testing about it's capabilities when all classes have the ability.

They did it this way to be able to see if there was a glaring issue with the mechanic. (Which there is).  This way, only dedicated assholes abuse it rather then everyone in the community.

Its also like doing a case study on older people who like chocolate rather then everyone of them.  It is because its smaller and easier to track.

It makes sense to me :p

(click to show/hide)
If nudge will be the same across all classes (as in, having the same mechanics)

I would also like to add that I think they might have the 1h-no shield nudge be the most effective compared to others, although I am not so sure about that.  They may just keep them all the same.  Although, that is the point of the testing.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 05:27:00 pm by Necrorave »