Author Topic: ETA on nudge removal  (Read 3760 times)

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: ETA on nudge removal
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2013, 04:28:05 pm »
+11
I think nudges would work better if they were used the same way as in the game that inspired them. Which means afaik that we should use nudges on people when they are holding or starting a strike. That would be a great feature actually, and I don't see how it could be broken that way.

When Paul was talking about it it always seemed to me it was a defensive, punishing move. The way it is currently used in cRPG is hold attack -> facehug -> nudge -> kick -> profit.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2013, 05:58:48 pm »
+4
It will never get removed, just changed. Maybe Ozin's dodge stuff gets added too for more delicious tears.

Love how people who don't even play dick around with the game just for their own amusement :D
If you have ranged troubles use this:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline SirCymro_Crusader

• King
  • Renown: 1095
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2013, 08:02:02 pm »
When Wales becomes Independent from UK.

Soon my friend, all in good time  :twisted:

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2013, 09:09:21 pm »
+3
Soon my friend, all in good time  :twisted:
We both know that's bs, as long as sheepfucking is legal in Wales you don't give a fuck who your overlord is.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Necrorave

• Duke
  • Renown: 609
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Who the fuck is this guy?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul
  • Game nicks: Necrorave and or Cheesus Crust
  • IRC nick: Necrorave
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2013, 09:21:38 pm »
nudge -> kick -> profit.
This is where the biggest problem is.

I love the idea of nudging and it should have its perks.  Although, it should not have the freeze ability that allows for a kick chain.  It's way too easy to do.  It should be used to throw off the enemy, not leave him open for several attacks.  If you punched someone who is wielding/swinging a weapon it will interrupt them and throw them off balance, do you really think it would phase them enough to stop and think about life for 5 minutes like they do now?  (Rheotircle question, so don't bother with the "What if" charade)

+Support for all items having nudges, just keep away that freeze and things should be fine.

The dodge thing has me worried though..

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2013, 09:23:48 pm »
+6
Next patch I put kick on the nudge cooldown timer. That means you can't kick after a nudge.

Offline Necrorave

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2013, 09:25:19 pm »
Next patch I put kick on the nudge cooldown timer. That means you can't kick after a nudge.

Does this mean you are bringing Keeping the freeze?

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2013, 09:31:43 pm »
+1
Is it intended as a counter against permaholding or as something you want people to use on top of holding, making it even stronger ?

Offline Johammeth

• King
  • Renown: 1077
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ConnectiKUTT
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2013, 11:55:14 pm »
+8
Nudge has taught me that the secret to a Rocky Balboa left hook, capable of dazing a man through a reinforced steel plate, is to hold a random object in my right hand (wooden stick preferred).

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2013, 12:25:43 am »
+3
I don't like one more thing about nudge. When some shielder is ganked by a few opponents and he's trying to "turtle", nudge can break his defence and leave him vulnerable to another attack. This shouldn't work like that.

Offline Necrorave

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2013, 12:36:28 am »
I don't like one more thing about nudge. When some shielder is ganked by a few opponents and he's trying to "turtle", nudge can break his defence and leave him vulnerable to another attack. This shouldn't work like that.

I asked about that when it comes to shields.  I am not sure what he plans to do with it but he mentioned if you block a nudge it will make the stagger minimal,  So I would assume the same stagger effect a punch would have.

Offline Penguin

• Duke
  • Renown: 670
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player
  • JesusChrist
    • View Profile
  • Faction: [A]rrows Incoming!
  • Game nicks: [Y]Retreat!
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2013, 01:09:25 am »
+2
Wearing light armor and having decent agility, nudge hasn't really affected me at all. I can see why if you don't use footwork and/or are a slow moving str build one could complain though.
"As you gaze upon the cross, and long for conformity to him, be not weary or fearful because you cannot express in words what you seek. Ask him to plant the cross in your heart. Believe in him, the crucified and now living one, to dwell within you, and breathe his own mind there."

Offline Necrorave

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2013, 01:18:34 am »
+1
Wearing light armor and having decent agility, nudge hasn't really affected me at all. I can see why if you don't use footwork and/or are a slow moving str build one could complain though.

I rarely get nudged myself, although it is still silly.  Even if you have good footwork, if they have decent footwork too, then a Nudge/kick is easy to pull off.  I avoid using nudge when my shield breaks even though I could abuse the fuck out of it with a Broad Short Sword.  It just feels wrong.  Like my birth.

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2013, 01:22:57 am »
i use short 1handers.. if i try to stay out of nudge range then i dont get to swing without taking sword to face.

Offline Duster

• Marshall
  • Renown: 730
  • Infamy: 89
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mr_Pibb, Mellow_Yellowtf
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2013, 02:13:22 am »
+2
     After playing 1h no shield for the month or so that nudge has been out, I have come to the conclusion that nudge is

most useful against: >Slow/heavy armored players and people fighting in water, because it's harder for them to footwork their way out of a nudge
                                  >Ultra defensive players (especially shielders) because they fall easily to the hold+nudge technique
                                  >Players who are stuck/ immobile for any reason
                                  >New players

least useful against: >Backpedaling players
                                  >Players with long and heavy weapons (weapon stun)
                                  >Players who know good footwork, or know how to abuse kicks
                                  >Agi builds

The way I see it, the nudge is for 1h+no shield is what the hiltslash is for 2h. They both take a fairly small time frame to learn, and longer to master.  When they are incorporated into someone's playstyle, they are great moves for quickly dispatching a player you know will fall for it so that you can quickly move on to another target.

Is that a bad thing? Maybe. With 1h no shield you sacrifice quite a bit (range, damage, animations, weapon weight) for an admittedly pretty sick move, but I have to ask, how many strategus battles have there been where you have 1h no shielders in the top of the kills list? Or the top of the scoreboard? Personally, I have been in none where this was the case. It's usually a shielder with all the points, a 2h/polearmer/cav with all the kills, and the one or two dedicated 1h no shielders sitting dead middle. As for battle, I can only speak for my experience on the NA battle server where I spend most of my time playing, but Sandersson_of_Frisia and I are the only 1h no shielders I see topping scoreboards at all.