Author Topic: My duel with ''the great dictator'' druzina member.  (Read 4313 times)

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: My duel with ''the great dictator'' druzina member.
« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2013, 06:22:16 pm »
+3
God, so you didn't get the money, big deal. If he wants to talk people into betting 200k on duels all day and never pays, just ignore him next time and be done with him. Why would you bug some admins about this, there are worse problems to deal with.

What about the fair people who duel him and lose and pay up? If he never pays out and just takes then that to me is scamming and admins should definately be involved in that case
If you have ranged troubles use this:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
« Reply #46 on: June 17, 2013, 06:24:33 pm »
+2
I don't know why anyone would wager such large sums based on the outcome of duels, with the unpredictability of lag, dropped packets, 3rd parties nudging/interfering/catapulting you during the duel, etc.

These duel wagers must be unique to EU, because in all my years of cRPG, I've never seen such a challenge offered. When someone goes 22-1, most of the time they just get made fun of for crutching str/armor/hiltslash/crushthrough/whatever.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 17, 2013, 06:29:57 pm »
+2
ye ye ,i get all your dude be cool like me and dont care brah statements. admins got somuch better stuff to do brah why would you bother them man, somuch important stuff going on in crpg brah.  why would you get trolled into duels brah, so not coolkid brah. ok ok. nevertheless il have a chat with an admin if they popup in my ts channel thats all i really meant, and i find this an issue worthy of adressing if the oppertunity occurs. oppinions differ on it but il still do it. cool? ok
(click to show/hide)

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 995
  • Infamy: 483
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2013, 06:32:31 pm »
im not saying the bets were kinda high, but its not uncommon to bet 50 k on other peoples duels, and ive dueld for 75k before. so 200k isnt that shoking. although its abit offtopic. it could implement that the guy dousnt even have the money hes betting with , and is ''scamming'''. well im done with this thread for now, il leave it open so i can update.

''^^and that wasnt specifically adressed to you ptx''

Offline dreadnok

• Marshall
  • Renown: 838
  • Infamy: 562
  • cRPG Player
  • fuck these jerkoff kids
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KBW<MB<SoW
  • Game nicks: Gorp_The_Gorger
« Reply #49 on: June 17, 2013, 06:35:14 pm »
+2
ye ye ,i get all your dude be cool like me and dont care brah statements. admins got somuch better stuff to do brah why would you bother them man, somuch important stuff going on in crpg brah.  why would you get trolled into duels brah, so not coolkid brah. ok ok. nevertheless il have a chat with an admin if they popup in my ts channel thats all i really meant, and i find this an issue worthy of adressing if the oppertunity occurs. oppinions differ on it but il still do it. cool? ok
No were saying don't be another cunt. Crpg  has too many already

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2013, 06:39:17 pm »
+5
another cunt for what, i never jump to admins or even set up ban requests, but this is something that dous need some enlightening and purification. and i am known as lelouche_thedouche, so i do know cunts very well. also murica kids stay on your silly murica topics plz. this is eu, you think this is a motherfucking game?
(click to show/hide)

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 17, 2013, 06:49:18 pm »
+1
The thing I learned from Rufio's experience is that multiculturism does not work. Ban all immigrants who no speak the official internetzlanguage!

Offline Phew

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 17, 2013, 06:49:22 pm »
+4
Here's an idea; if you insist on doing these wager duels, have each party give the gold to a reputable, neutral 3rd party ahead of time to serve as notary/umpire. Considering how long it takes to earn 200k gold, taking an extra 5 minutes to set up an umpire seems trivial to be assured that neither party will renege.

Then again, there probably isn't any overlap in the Venn diagram between "people that engage in ego duels for gold" and "people that properly plan things".

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #53 on: June 17, 2013, 06:50:50 pm »
+1
I do consider duelling and not paying but always accepting to be paid a form of scamming, thus it should receive some admin love.

Although a "bet money" feature in duel mode would be a nice addition, I guess. Or a certain server for this, so people who just want to fight don't get annoyed by people who try to earn their cash that way.
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Riddaren

• Duke
  • Renown: 601
  • Infamy: 298
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Riddaren, Matthaus
« Reply #54 on: June 17, 2013, 06:51:04 pm »
A good suggestion to everyone betting is to start small with players you don't really know (or have not had deals with before).
So instead of starting with 100k you can agree on 10k or even 1k.

Anyway, I hope he pays you. You have clearly earned it.

Here's an idea; if you insist on doing these wager duels, have each party give the gold to a reputable, neutral 3rd party ahead of time to serve as notary/umpire. Considering how long it takes to earn 200k gold, taking an extra 5 minutes to set up an umpire seems trivial to be assured that neither party will renege.

Then again, there probably isn't any overlap in the Venn diagram between "people that engage in ego duels for gold" and "people that properly plan things".

That's another way to solve it. However, it will cost another 5% in taxes.

Offline darmaster

• King
  • Renown: 1398
  • Infamy: 297
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguards
  • Game nicks: Retsamrad
« Reply #55 on: June 17, 2013, 06:53:09 pm »
+2
It's the usual display of eastern morality, fairness and honesty. There are exceptions, but more often than not the cliché is right.

I know it, I am half of a Yugoslavian. I know my fellow countrymen.

i love the way how this "showing off he didn't keep his word on our super official duel" was turning into a racist thread lol

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • QQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 17, 2013, 06:56:16 pm »
like i said before i dont need to get paid, its a moral issue. and imo there dousnt need to be any system implemented, this is a small community , and this is the first i have encountered that didnt dual chivalrous, and was fishy. time for dota.

Offline Phew

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 17, 2013, 07:09:58 pm »
+1
That's another way to solve it. However, it will cost another 5% in taxes.

If you think there's more than a 5% chance the other guy might renege, an extra tax is worth it.

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #58 on: June 17, 2013, 07:27:26 pm »
i love the way how this "showing off he didn't keep his word on our super official duel" was turning into a racist thread lol

Oh boy, here we go again. Time for acquired outrage?

I said I am one of them myself and that there are exceptions. It's my personal experience, and I am referring to cultural customs and social acceptances at that part of the world. Saying something generalizing about a certain group of people, and be it something negative, is not always racist.
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
  • Renown: 1023
  • Infamy: 306
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Hermann_von_Krems
« Reply #59 on: June 17, 2013, 07:27:31 pm »
+1
Well the solution to issues like that is pretty obvious. Add ballistas to battle mode