Author Topic: Summer Lovin  (Read 24433 times)

Offline Gmnotutoo

• King
  • Renown: 1387
  • Infamy: 229
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Space Pope of BIRD CLAN
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns
  • Game nicks: Gmnotutoo
Re: Summer Lovin
« Reply #180 on: June 29, 2013, 04:16:20 am »
+2
Gmnotutoo, I'm drunk right now and outside of all this whose clan are you in bullshit, I just wanted you to know, I will always be your protector. You meh dawg tutoo.

<3.

If only everyone in NA could see my vision.. All of the North American community uniting hand in hand for peace and love, under the watch of our mighty Godking Partyboy of BIRD CLAN. It'd be a utopia that could increase our population greatly, so that I can lead us all to glory as we wipe out Druzhina for their horrendous actions committed against us. The state of our diplomatic relations can easily be traced back to them and its about time that they received NA justice.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

THIS IS A MANLY CLAN. FOR MANLY MEN. DOING MANLY THINGS.

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 29, 2013, 04:17:06 am »
+3
Pibby is a cool feller. He doesn't even seem overly upset with me... at least not so much that he will hate me forever. I love you Pibb.

Aaaaand that's where you're wrong. Pibb hates you......FOREVER....deal with it.

Edit: what Gmnotutoo said, unite and fight the bear overlords. until then, we're just spilling American blood on our own soil.

Offline Canary

• Marshall
  • Renown: 826
  • Infamy: 202
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
« Reply #182 on: June 29, 2013, 04:22:43 am »
+2
LL didn't hand over the fief, gear, and troops so why should the FCC?

Did we get our gear, troops, and fief back when it happened to us? nope. We were told to shut up and enjoy the exp.

It is different because Saxton was in the faction to begin with.

It is also different because FCC did not pay anything to gain the castle.

There is also the NAP to consider now, where with LL there was already a war going on.

The problem is that FCC was trying to pass off SEMENstorm getting their castle back as a breach of the NAP, while disregarding the problem with accepting the traitor into their faction in the first place, or that keeping the castle would itself be an affront to the NAP.

Offline Penguin

• Duke
  • Renown: 670
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player
  • JesusChrist
    • View Profile
  • Faction: [A]rrows Incoming!
  • Game nicks: [Y]Retreat!
« Reply #183 on: June 29, 2013, 04:25:46 am »
Yay, I'm done being muted.

It is the same level, stop being an anti-fcc nerd when it comes to rules.
But it's not, it has been explained in this thread in all ways conceivable
"As you gaze upon the cross, and long for conformity to him, be not weary or fearful because you cannot express in words what you seek. Ask him to plant the cross in your heart. Believe in him, the crucified and now living one, to dwell within you, and breathe his own mind there."

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #184 on: June 29, 2013, 04:31:04 am »
+1
Aaaaand that's where you're wrong. Pibb hates you......FOREVER....deal with it.

Say it ain't so!

Offline Gmnotutoo

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 29, 2013, 04:45:15 am »
+1
I never mentioned anything about a NAP Canary, I was pointing something out to two people. If this situation was completely reversed, I'm 100% sure penguin would be in favor of the act simply because of how anti-fcc he is.

And yes this is the same thing, Penguin. Badplayer had a high-ranking friend un-hire the roster so Badplayer could steal it, then he gave it to their soon to be enemies. FCC never violated their treaty, they just benefited from internal SS drama unknowingly and are ransoming it because they know Arowaine is going to war with them and he is dragging SS along for the ride.

Havelle, that isn't the comparison you can make. Bale, Matey, and Kesh would be compared to LL in this situation. Badplayer would be compared to Saxton.

Offline Canary

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 29, 2013, 05:08:03 am »
I never mentioned anything about a NAP Canary, I was pointing something out to two people.

That was part of my point, that's why I pointed out the NAP. It's not the same, and you have to include it as a factor.

If this situation was completely reversed, I'm 100% sure penguin would be in favor of the act simply because of how anti-fcc he is.

Probably true.

And yes this is the same thing, Penguin. Badplayer had a high-ranking friend un-hire the roster so Badplayer could steal it, then he gave it to their soon to be enemies. FCC never violated their treaty, they just benefited from internal SS drama unknowingly and are ransoming it because they know Arowaine is going to war with them and he is dragging SS along for the ride.

They took control of the castle after SS was very vocally distressed about what had happened. If FCC somehow thought taking badplayer into the faction wouldn't make them upset, they were being naive. Unknowingly? P'shaw.

Havelle, that isn't the comparison you can make. Bale, Matey, and Kesh would be compared to LL in this situation. Badplayer would be compared to Saxton.

However, there was not a NAP between FCC and LL in that situation, so it isn't a perfect comparison. Having to fight someone you're already at war with to get your stuff back is one thing, having to do it against a NAP partner is another.

Offline Gmnotutoo

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 29, 2013, 05:15:54 am »
+4
That was part of my point, that's why I pointed out the NAP. It's not the same, and you have to include it as a factor.

Probably true.

They took control of the castle after SS was very vocally distressed about what had happened. If FCC somehow thought taking badplayer into the faction wouldn't make them upset, they were being naive. Unknowingly? P'shaw.

However, there was not a NAP between FCC and LL in that situation, so it isn't a perfect comparison. Having to fight someone you're already at war with to get your stuff back is one thing, having to do it against a NAP partner is another.

Stop wall of texting me bro. You know the FCC not returning the fief is good drama,  they never violated a NAP because they have yet to attack anyone. A legal loophole if you will.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #188 on: June 29, 2013, 05:20:34 am »
Stop wall of texting me bro. You know the FCC not returning the fief is good drama,  they never violated a NAP because they have yet to attack anyone. A legal loophole if you will.

Yeah, Hospitallers attacked 2 of our villages and took them and then as soon as the NAP was signed they were incorporated into the Occitan faction even as we had armies walking toward each fief to take them back - we didn't violate the NAP by attacking and accepted losing fiefs until the end of the NAP -that was over 20 days ago, wish you guys had the patience to wait 3 days and not break your word.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 05:27:32 am by Keshian »
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Matey

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 29, 2013, 05:24:52 am »
+1
It is different because Saxton was in the faction to begin with.

It is also different because FCC did not pay anything to gain the castle.

There is also the NAP to consider now, where with LL there was already a war going on.

The problem is that FCC was trying to pass off SEMENstorm getting their castle back as a breach of the NAP, while disregarding the problem with accepting the traitor into their faction in the first place, or that keeping the castle would itself be an affront to the NAP.

It really isnt worse than that what LCO did with hosp. they took in a group we are openly at war with who had just taken fiefs from us... and they did it for multiple fiefs and for a full month. I think one castle for 5 days isn't so bad.

Props on digging this up.

I do very much dig this drama and intrigue, I wouldn't have posted here if there wasn't some pleasure in this thread. This sort of drama is the only thing that brings me to the forums.

I'm not sure if this is the sort of comparison you want to draw, though. Saxton was punished for it, he was ostracized from the strategus community and is attacked on site by many factions. Perhaps the same should be done to Bale, Matey, and Kesh.

You mean... shouldn't the same be done to Badplayer... and it has. LL didn't get shit on for taking a deal from a treacherous little saxton.

Not true. I didn't see the thread calling it a bug until after I had already talked to badplayer.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 05:31:35 am by Matey »

Offline Gristle

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BRD
  • Game nicks: Gristle_BRD
« Reply #190 on: June 29, 2013, 05:37:36 am »
+2
And now it's been taken back, just as we had to do with LL.

If only we could somehow get a MW Crossbow out of all of this.

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #191 on: June 29, 2013, 05:43:07 am »
+1
My reaction to this entire thread.

(click to show/hide)
This is a pretty low quality dramacy thread, and I'm going to request that we amp up the power on this one.

EDIT:

Give me my green badge of courage!

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline Canary

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 29, 2013, 05:43:25 am »
It really isnt worse than that what LCO did with hosp. they took in a group we are openly at war with who had just taken fiefs from us... and they did it for multiple fiefs and for a full month. I think one castle for 5 days isn't so bad.

Yes it is. You already had a NAP with them when SEMENstorm lost a fief to you. The NAP was not there when Hospitaller actually took over control of your fiefs. Certainly a dirty use of a NAP in their case, but in yours you literally took a fief that belonged to someone you already had a ceasefire with.

Not true. I didn't see the thread calling it a bug until after I had already talked to badplayer.

So you admit that you talked to him before the battle and conspired with him in the act of taking it???

Offline Matey

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 29, 2013, 05:47:41 am »
Yes it is. You already had a NAP with them when SEMENstorm lost a fief to you. The NAP was not there when Hospitaller actually took over control of your fiefs. Certainly a dirty use of a NAP in their case, but in yours you literally took a fief that belonged to someone you already had a ceasefire with.

So you admit that you talked to him before the battle and conspired with him in the act of taking it???

Do you even read what I write?

Firstly. Occitan made a NAP with the intent of hiding our enemies from us. That is worse than what we did.
Secondly badplayer took a fief from SS, not FCC.
Thirdly No I did not talk to badplayer before he got the fief. As I said... After he took the fief he applied to FCC and then came and talked to me at 3am.

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
  • Renown: 789
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BS
« Reply #194 on: June 29, 2013, 06:00:36 am »
Not sure why canary has his feathers ruffled. He has some new allies it is already done.

I love getting bad press after I did everything I could to stop this and fix things. Duster and I hammered out a pretty good agreement and both sides were happy. But unfortunately Arowaine weighed in against and the agreement was killed.

Also we did not get a fief from SS. Matey got one from badplayer after he took ownership. So no we did not break the pact. It would hold up in court... I cleared that statement with the FCC lawyers. 

Leader of BS