Author Topic: Summer Lovin  (Read 24362 times)

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
Re: Summer Lovin
« Reply #150 on: June 28, 2013, 08:19:08 pm »

However, a more apt hypothetical comparison to what just happened would be the following: Suppose Saxton had, instead of defecting and selling his FCC-owned fief to LL, sold it to LCO or SEMENstorm while they were under the same conditions of this NAP. Or even merely left FCC and applied to LCO or SEMENstorm and got accepted. What would FCC have done, let them hold the fief and protect their defector? Does the fact that someone clicked 'accept' mean nothing in the case of a traitor?

We would have honoured our NAP. I know NAPs have historically meant nothing to you Canary, but we take our agreements seriously. This may be a sketchy thing to do, but its really not as bad as LCO taking in the entire hosp faction along with Sparvico in order to grant them the protection of the NAP that they had JUST made with us after hosp had taken back a couple of villages. Anyways; we will run badplayer's roster for him this battle since he cannot do it himself but win or lose, he is on his own after. I had to make a decision at 3am just before going to bed with no one else online to consult so I went for it but enough people are against it and LCO/SS spit on NAPs and badplayer is ban for unrelated reasons as far as I can tell (cpm locked the thread where BP asked for a reason), so there isn't much point in keeping it going longer.

p.s.

Sheltering rebels has been a hostile act since the dawn of time. Even recently NATO declared war on Talaban Afghanistan because they were sheltering Al Qaida.

Didn't the UN support rebels in egypt and other places recently?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 08:23:01 pm by Matey »

Offline arowaine

• Duke
  • Renown: 614
  • Infamy: 159
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • http://occitanclan.webs.com/
  • Faction: Occitan
  • Game nicks: Occitan_Arowaine
  • IRC nick: arowaine
« Reply #151 on: June 28, 2013, 08:30:45 pm »
+2
Arowaine Lady of LOC support completly the move that SS has done toward Fcc. Fcc did not kept their word and have made some shitty deal with smoothrich and badplayer in fact badplayer is ban and the story is quite close to saxton story in my eyes!

note to the entire fcc NICE TRY

Lol, so what happened to not posting shit on the forums.  You are a really low class, scumbag.I have lost what little respect I had left for you, you have no honor in your faction.

I say the same to you guys!
Desire: pls smite FCC 2.0 T.T

Offline Matey

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 28, 2013, 08:33:20 pm »
Arowaine Lady of LOC support completly the move that SS has done toward Fcc. Fcc did not kept their word and have made some shitty deal with smoothrich and badplayer in fact badplayer is ban and the story is quite close to saxton story in my eyes!

Thank you for confirming that your word on NAPs means nothing. Does this mean all your other NAPs are equally worthless?

Offline arowaine

• Duke
  • Renown: 614
  • Infamy: 159
    • View Profile
    • http://occitanclan.webs.com/
  • Faction: Occitan
  • Game nicks: Occitan_Arowaine
  • IRC nick: arowaine
« Reply #153 on: June 28, 2013, 08:37:22 pm »
+2
Thank you for confirming that your word on NAPs means nothing. Does this mean all your other NAPs are equally worthless?

we stand by our Ally more then anything we would also like to keep our word but well we have to decide on something so yeah we pick our friend side and well in all honestly smoothrich is just a troll after all making drama so yeah i guess this nap is over and war can begin!
Desire: pls smite FCC 2.0 T.T

Offline dynamike

• King
  • Renown: 1212
  • Infamy: 187
  • Let's be friends again?
    • View Profile
    • The Remnants Clan Website
  • Faction: Stratia
  • Game nicks: Remnant_dynamike
« Reply #154 on: June 28, 2013, 08:48:04 pm »

Don't be mean now, buddy.

It was already said, but maybe did not come across clearly: one of us was forced to make a decision at an inopportune time and made it. If it was a good one or not, let's put that aside. Either way, we stay behind him and the decision, since this is a consequence of having many leaders in a faction: more people are empowered to make decisions and with that, sometimes mistakes are made.

Nobody is a bad person because of that and it does not warrant a lot of hate and generalization that is coming towards the FCC for that. Let's just get some XP out of it and move on.

If you are up to it, let's get back to the diplomatic table and I am sure we can talk about ways to "soften the blow" that SemenStorm has received because of this mess. I for one would be down - as I mentioned - to go back to status quo and figure out how we compensate for some of the losses taken.

For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?

Offline Zaren

• Count
  • Renown: 162
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Zaren_Astralis
  • IRC nick: Zaren
« Reply #155 on: June 28, 2013, 09:10:45 pm »
+1
never mind.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 09:16:20 pm by blacktiger28 »

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #156 on: June 28, 2013, 11:43:44 pm »
+3
(click to show/hide)

If you published a book chronicling strategus, I would be willing to spend at least 200 dollars on it. Seriously, good fucking work on bringing sheer joy to the shitstorm that is diplomacy. Even better than Havelle's table erotica.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Duster

• Marshall
  • Renown: 730
  • Infamy: 89
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mr_Pibb, Mellow_Yellowtf
« Reply #157 on: June 29, 2013, 12:31:28 am »
+2
I feel like the only thing FCC could to redeem themselves at this point would be to simply unhire their roster before the battle. Poetic justice.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Canary

• Marshall
  • Renown: 826
  • Infamy: 202
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
« Reply #158 on: June 29, 2013, 12:45:34 am »
+1
We would have honoured our NAP. I know NAPs have historically meant nothing to you Canary, but we take our agreements seriously.

Big surprise King Grudge brings up our old history. Look in the mirror, respect your own agreements. You harbor their rebels and keep hold of a castle in order to sign people up against them when they retake it. Why? There is no real reason for this, as far as I can tell, besides an excuse to pretend they broke their NAP early for propaganda purposes. Either that or a tit for tat "fuck you" for the Hospitaller thing, which sounds like it's about as bad on paper, but in that situation was any fief taken by another faction maliciously after the NAP was instituted?

This may be a sketchy thing to do, but its really not as bad as LCO taking in the entire hosp faction along with Sparvico in order to grant them the protection of the NAP that they had JUST made with us after hosp had taken back a couple of villages.

Arguably, it's worse. Not only was it either subterfuge or an exploit, but SEMENstorm made it perfectly clear how they felt about this castle. An open war ending abruptly because one side found a way to piggyback onto a non-aggression pact (guess there should've been more fine print?) compared to a castle being stolen and put into another faction in the NAP who is apparently unwilling to give up the fief and drop the player responsible from their roster. Only one of these circumstances resulted in a hostile, NAP-breaking action undertaken after the pact was in place.

Anyways; we will run badplayer's roster for him this battle since he cannot do it himself but win or lose, he is on his own after.

In other words, not taking the NAP seriously and defending against a faction you're supposed to be in a ceasefire with for no apparent reason. After you do that, then you'll play ball, no problem!

I had to make a decision at 3am just before going to bed with no one else online to consult so I went for it but enough people are against it and LCO/SS spit on NAPs and badplayer is ban for unrelated reasons as far as I can tell (cpm locked the thread where BP asked for a reason), so there isn't much point in keeping it going longer.

Guess you can let the mistake go once you already got the fallout you wanted.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Matey

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 29, 2013, 12:56:26 am »
+2
Big surprise King Grudge brings up our old history.

I don't hold grudges, I like you well enough these days and I like most of CHAOS... trusting you on the other hand is a completely different story. I can like someone without trusting them.

Anyways, arguing with you lot on the forums is a waste of time. The same people who already hate me and the FCC will just shit talk me and FCC about anything we ever do while defending themselves and others with the same goals. Meanwhile; it is mostly the same on our side though with a bit more open criticism.

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
  • Renown: 789
  • Infamy: 229
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BS
« Reply #160 on: June 29, 2013, 12:59:04 am »
in the spoiler you are wrong. You have a ton invested in it. Getting allies against the team you are war with would be a boon.

There is 3 hours to try and solve this diplomatically. I am on steam
Leader of BS

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #161 on: June 29, 2013, 01:01:43 am »
in the spoiler you are wrong. You have a ton invested in it. Getting allies against the team you are war with would be a boon.
So, what you're saying is that if Canary was biased he should support you guys defending the fief so you will shit all over the NAP so he gets allies, which is like... ...pretty much exactly the opposite of what he is doing? Canary sure made a biased shitpost there.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 29, 2013, 01:08:23 am »
So, what you're saying is that if Canary was biased he should support you guys defending the fief so you will shit all over the NAP so he gets allies, which is like... ...pretty much exactly the opposite of what he is doing? Canary sure made a biased shitpost there.

huh.  in his spoiler he wrote

This post is playing devil's advocate, I obviously don't have much personally invested in this series of events. Don't let the strat forum wars die out!

Stated he does not have much personally invested. My point was his faction is at war with ours and this whole situation directly benefits him. I have no problem with that, but posting the Canary wall of text against us and urging conflict with us and LCO/SS then going on to say.... But I really have no dog in the show is false.

But to LCo/SS if you want to talk about it we have time. Things can still happen. Just toss me a message. Duster I do not have your steam or I would say hello and see what we can work out. mine is BaleOhay if you need it.

Zlisch is nothing ever happening in EU that you feel the need to have opinion on everything not related to your side? not a complaint just curious.
Leader of BS

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #163 on: June 29, 2013, 01:11:50 am »
Zlisch is nothing ever happening in EU that you feel the need to have opinion on everything not related to your side? not a complaint just curious.
I severely misread pretty much everything Canary said due to being extremely distracted and being bored enough to attempt to read a usually very boring and dry Canary textwall, I sincerely apologies if I have offended you, and I beg for your forgiveness.

EU is pretty boring atm :cry:

Also
(click to show/hide)
Canary needs to make it look like he's an active moderator and not just randomly flip warnings off at the cesspit that is diplomacy!

Zlisch
(click to show/hide)
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 29, 2013, 01:27:01 am »
+1
No offense taken. I was just curious. I get some of the criticism FCC as a collective group gets. I work to try and correct some of it and keep everything on an even playing field. Sometimes with more success than other times. Was just wondering what we did to you? Since you seem to be on the other side often.

Ahh the Canary text wall. We all know it well. I swear he has a file on his PC with quotes itemized and cross referenced waiting to be pasted into an argument from the very beginnings of the internet.

Also joe has been in the FCC faction forever. All of a sudden he started posting and my world has gotten just that much better. Thank you Joe
Leader of BS