Author Topic: Summer Lovin  (Read 22444 times)

Offline Penguin

• Duke
  • Renown: 670
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player
  • JesusChrist
    • View Profile
  • Faction: [A]rrows Incoming!
  • Game nicks: [Y]Retreat!
Re: Summer Lovin
« Reply #120 on: June 28, 2013, 06:45:13 am »
+5
Matey's mind rivals the archway of Dhirrim. The ability to completely ignore the point that Smoothrich took a fief FROM SS through treachery while at the same time complaining about LCO putting the weakened Hospitallers (who don't occupy any fief gained through cheating) under their faction-banner is amazing.
"As you gaze upon the cross, and long for conformity to him, be not weary or fearful because you cannot express in words what you seek. Ask him to plant the cross in your heart. Believe in him, the crucified and now living one, to dwell within you, and breathe his own mind there."

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #121 on: June 28, 2013, 06:47:43 am »
The main difference between what Occitan did in the steppe and this Samarra business is that Samarra was lost due to a cheat that the perpetrator got banned for (as Andres has said) whereas Occitan sheltered weaker factions that (in my case anyhow) asked for shelter because of the worsening political climate.

FCC= Shelters cheaters (are we surprised?)
LCO= Shelters weaklings (I am one of them, before ya'll go getting uppity).

I would say that of the two the cheating business is much shittier. Only my opinion though, I am quite sure yours will differ.

Edit: also what havelle said.

Im pretty sure he was banned "because cmp thought he was already banned from before and just rectified it" not because anything he did was actually cheating.  It was "an act of insubordination among the semenstorm ranks over pibbs leadership composing of doing exactly what arrowaine tells him to do."

Correct me if I am wrong - if my information is incorrect, I am getting this from second-hand sources.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #122 on: June 28, 2013, 06:55:53 am »
+2
Im pretty sure he was banned "because cmp thought he was already banned from before and just rectified it" not because anything he did was actually cheating.  It was "an act of insubordination among the semenstorm ranks over pibbs leadership composing of doing exactly what arrowaine tells him to do."

Correct me if I am wrong - if my information is incorrect, I am getting this from second-hand sources.

The only sure thing is Bad's banned while the battle was iffy and very suspect. That's about ALL we  can make or say.
PERSONALLY: just let this slide out under the rug and end the drama now. NO BS, no shitcuntary, etc. Just honor on strat(Yea ain't much, but I think it's worth it. Matey knows he and I chat a lot  :D)

And, regardless of WHO it was that had this happen, I'd support them. IF it's verifiable that it's treachery, then, by all means, fight for it. But either way, isn't this too much like the Saxton Debacle?

PS: TYDEUS banned Badplayer, NOT CMP. So it wasn't a retroactive ban from the devs.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #123 on: June 28, 2013, 06:56:32 am »
No one buys your propaganda, it lacks any semblance of sincerity or honesty. Its as if you have some sort of learning disorder that prevents you from empathy and looking at things in ways other than black and white caricatures.

Hah! You couldn't be further from the truth. My posts are sketchy because I can see this from the other side and I do feel conflicted about the whole thing. If I had no empathy my tone and approach would be a lot different. I know you guys can't see this exactly as I do because I haven't said everything I could say about it and I don't plan to. Ultimately I made a hard decision that I would have preferred not to have made but only time will tell if I made the right decision.

Offline Sparvico

• Marshall
  • Renown: 976
  • Infamy: 174
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Steam ID: Sparvico
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mossbacks
  • Game nicks: Sparvico et al.
« Reply #124 on: June 28, 2013, 06:57:34 am »
I don't believe badplayer cheated. I believe he was gut reaction banned based on bias that results from his past history (which does include cheating). I don't pretend that this is a friendly happy nice move on my part but I had to make a decision on it and based on all the information I have I decided to do it. Also, I did think that Occ/SS would honour the NAP in this situation since we honoured it when it was them sheltering easy targets; one could also argue that Occitan made the peace deal with us entirely for the purpose of buying hosp and sparvico a month to rebuild. Arowaine was very convincing when talking peace with us in that he had no interest in fighting us this strat and that he liked us and that he didn't want to shelter hospitallers but was forced to and that he wanted us to wipe hospitallers out once the peace was up and that we could even extend the NAP after it expired and he would still kick hosp out so we could wipe them out for him... But call me crazy... I don't think he meant any of that. I guess I got a bit off topic there... but at any rate, I am still surprised that you guys wouldn't let us hide someone under our banner for a few days after you hid so many under yours for a month... granted it was Arowaine hiding people under his banner and not SS but since SS lets arowaine handle their diplomacy and the NAP was with Occ/SS combined, it seems fair to group them together.

Except that you are sheltering someone who has been banned for cheating!

Also, holding LCO responsible for what someone that is not even in their faction did is just insane on the face of it. An alliance does not equate to control of the allies members, especially one that has been supplanted from his fief via a cheat.

Your information is incorrect.

[13:43] <cmp> oh, by the way, that guy was permabanned
[13:44] <cmp> that account was banned by Tydeus this morning
[13:44] <Lt_Anders> Oh then how's he still playing
[13:44] <Lt_Anders> Ah. So Fearchiden is gone
[13:44] <cmp> yeah

Mossback_Westwood: "I swear 2 my semitic God if you give me this bundle of sticks's address I'll cut off his ear and eat it"

Offline Matey

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 28, 2013, 07:06:17 am »
Except that you are sheltering someone who has been banned for cheating!

Also, holding LCO responsible for what someone that is not even in their faction did is just insane on the face of it. An alliance does not equate to control of the allies members, especially one that has been supplanted from his fief via a cheat.

From past dealings with SS we discovered that Arowaine is in charge of their diplomacy and strat decisions. So I think it is fair to connect the two.

Offline Goretooth

• Duke
  • Renown: 634
  • Infamy: 237
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 28, 2013, 07:11:25 am »
+11
Nerds

Braeden - Clanless maybe? or Free Peasant not sure - Rarely plays, plus might be retarded
Tydeus - Nord EU Scum - Hates adminning

Offline Sparvico

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 28, 2013, 07:16:53 am »
From past dealings with SS we discovered that Arowaine is in charge of their diplomacy and strat decisions. So I think it is fair to connect the two.

This is not a matter of diplomacy though. It is a matter of rectifying an error in the status quo due to someone cheating. The only reason it could possibly be misconstrued as a matter of diplomacy is because you sheltered a cheater.

If you acknowledge Kesh, he won't go away.

The evidence is for posterity (aka anyone dumb enough to buy his propaganda) not so much for him. We can go back to ignoring him now, don't worry buddy. We will get through this. I promise. He can't hurt you anymore.
Mossback_Westwood: "I swear 2 my semitic God if you give me this bundle of sticks's address I'll cut off his ear and eat it"

Offline Matey

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 28, 2013, 07:17:46 am »
This is not a matter of diplomacy though. It is a matter of rectifying an error in the status quo due to someone cheating. The only reason it could possibly be misconstrued as a matter of diplomacy is because you sheltered a cheater.

The evidence is for posterity (aka anyone dumb enough to buy his propaganda) not so much for him. We can go back to ignoring him now, don't worry buddy. We will get through this. I promise. He can't hurt you anymore.

I still don't believe he cheated to get the castle. So, I'm sheltering a rebel not a cheater.

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #129 on: June 28, 2013, 07:18:28 am »
+5

By this logic FCC could attack you and hospitaller also under the thought that you aren't actually in LCO.

Offline Canuck

• Earl
  • Renown: 482
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Canuck
« Reply #130 on: June 28, 2013, 07:25:26 am »
+1
By this logic FCC could attack you and hospitaller also under the thought that you aren't actually in LCO.

Well, technically Sparvico (and I believe Hosp too) are in the LCO strat faction. Which I believe is what he was referring to. Whereas SS and LCO each have their own strategus factions.

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #131 on: June 28, 2013, 07:34:10 am »
+1
Well, technically Sparvico (and I believe Hosp too) are in the LCO strat faction. Which I believe is what he was referring to. Whereas SS and LCO each have their own strategus factions.

Technically tomatoes are fruit, but most people consider it a vegetable. What's your point?

Offline Sparvico

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 28, 2013, 07:35:29 am »
I still don't believe he cheated to get the castle. So, I'm sheltering a rebel not a cheater.

So you intend to break your treaty with LCO for something that some guy in SS did, because of your gut feeling about a guy that has a history of griefing and has now been banned?

And by your logic LCO could attack HG or Remnant because they are not properly FCC.

Offline Canuck

• Earl
  • Renown: 482
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Canuck
« Reply #133 on: June 28, 2013, 07:38:36 am »
+4
Haha hey, I'm just trying to help clear up a little confusion. Misunderstandings suck.

Also, although the RP and reasons may not be the same, and it is a little shady, shouldn't the FCC be the last ones to make a big deal out of smaller factions being absorbed by bigger powers?

Offline Gristle

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BRD
  • Game nicks: Gristle_BRD
« Reply #134 on: June 28, 2013, 07:39:42 am »
+2
People don't understand sincerity when it's thrown in their face, and everyone is getting mad.

My open and honest opinion about this:

Experience shows that dealing with badplayer is bad business. Stay away from him like you would from the sun if it happens to shine into your basement window. Let's undo all dealings with him and go back to status quo.

I agree with this more than anything else on the topic. I don't know if Badplayer did it, but I have learned not to trust him.

shouldn't the FCC be the last ones to make a big deal out of smaller factions being absorbed by bigger powers?

It's the timing of it that's being argued.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 07:48:05 am by Gristle »