Author Topic: Summer Lovin  (Read 24395 times)

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
Re: Summer Lovin
« Reply #225 on: June 30, 2013, 09:27:15 am »
+2
No, we know. That has nothing to do with the quality of the map though. Those last 2 sections are just stupid. As Canary said, it doesn't promote good gameplay.

Also, we had exp ticks as low as 9k today. GG.

Yeah, nobody is debating that the map is pretty goddamn retarded. It isn't good map design to be forced through a single doorway against a team of up to 51 people.

Still, the map isn't glitched or anything, it's just stupid. So we'll defend it the best we can until you guys stop attacking it. If it were me, I'd have stopped attacking it a few waves ago. It seems obvious that the city is not able to be conquered at this time, and it obviously blows at least 25 cocks to attack, so I'd spare myself the trouble and save the tickets for something else.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Zaren

• Count
  • Renown: 162
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Zaren_Astralis
  • IRC nick: Zaren
« Reply #226 on: June 30, 2013, 09:28:40 am »
+5
While Dhirim is certainly harder than others, I think they should be harder to take in general. Cities can relatively be considered "Fortresses" or "Capitals". I think these should be some of the hardest to take. There should be a significant defender advantage. Though Dhirim is a little ridiculous, not in it being difficult to capture, but in there being only one way into the final room, and the entrance being so small. Its fine with there being one entrance, but at least make it bigger

There was certainly tons of rage in this last battle...some of my favorite quotes

Jesus-"If FCC spent half the time trying to take this city as they do complaining they would have had it last Wednesday"

During the long seige of the inner keep
Gmno"WHY IS THE XP SO DAMN LOW"

Matey"if there is ever a strat 5... change this map for strat 5"

"some_guy_I_dont_want_to_mention_because_its_a_racist_comment" after his loss in a duel to ken456
"Hey Ken how do you even attack with those slitted eyes of yours? you probably just spam anywhere because your 90% blind"

Mike N Ike"Time to continue my campaign of fail"

Offline Gmnotutoo

• King
  • Renown: 1387
  • Infamy: 229
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Space Pope of BIRD CLAN
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns
  • Game nicks: Gmnotutoo
« Reply #227 on: June 30, 2013, 09:41:05 am »
+3

During the long seige of the inner keep
Gmno"WHY IS THE XP SO DAMN LOW"

I only play strat to ninja troll and farm xp. I couldn't do either and I was sad.

THIS IS A MANLY CLAN. FOR MANLY MEN. DOING MANLY THINGS.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #228 on: June 30, 2013, 09:50:58 am »
Since we're talking about Chaos vs FCC now... it's been a whole week of Dhirrim sieges. FCC has thrown away 7 1500 man armies away in an attempt to burn through the tickets of Chaos. Due to their "tactics" each battle has been getting pushed further and further back in the hopes that a gear bugged roster might not hold the castle. This has not been the case, and now we face a battle Tonight at 1:38 EST! FCC will be judged tonight; will they relent for 1 day and allow the battles to be fought during primetime? Or will they allow their mad king to show all of NA who holds the title of "Sperglord"?  I hope our friends in EU are watching, and choose the right side to fight on should it come to a nighttime defense.

On another note, wouldn't properly equipping your armies in plate and +3 weapons be better than wasting tickets with mid-high tier gear and +1 weapons? Though being a faction with so many troop farmers, I can see your approach to choosing gear over troops.

Both you and sandersson whined and begged us not to attack again in follow up wave at 3 am (we never intended to, we have been really good about doing primetime atatcks - the 1:40 am was fine because it was a saturday night.  Saying it would hurt the community - I dont see either of you saying anything when chaos attacks illuminati after the siege at 3:30 am - I guess FCC can be the only bad guys and everyone fighting them are angels.

Also, simplest way to fix this map - make the doorway with unbreakable door and no flags inside it.  Very similar to curaw - defenders would actually defend the front walls because its too risky to just fall back to the archways.  The final flags are behind the second archway.  Would make it on par with most of the cities out there - castles are the difficult ones while cities generate more gold usually but are less defensible - which makes sense.  That whole inner keep nonsense doesn't make sense without makig it like an actual keep used in other city maps with some breakable walls instead of just a room leading to other rooms with no other way in and no way to destroy the keep.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #229 on: June 30, 2013, 09:58:00 am »
Both you and sandersson whined and begged us not to attack again in follow up wave at 3 am (we never intended to, we have been really good about doing primetime atatcks - the 1:40 am was fine because it was a saturday night.  Saying it would hurt the community - I dont see either of you saying anything when chaos attacks illuminati after the siege at 3:30 am - I guess FCC can be the only bad guys and everyone fighting them are angels.

Also, simplest way to fix this map - make the doorway with unbreakable door and no flags inside it.  Very similar to curaw - defenders would actually defend the front walls because its too risky to just fall back to the archways.  The final flags are behind the second archway.  Would make it on par with most of the cities out there - castles are the difficult ones while cities generate more gold usually but are less defensible - which makes sense.  That whole inner keep nonsense doesn't make sense without makig it like an actual keep used in other city maps with some breakable walls instead of just a room leading to other rooms with no other way in and no way to destroy the keep.

Lol, I asked you nicely and when you told me to tell canary to beg instead of me I called you names until you blocked me on steam. That ain't whining. That's talking shit, and while I don't do it as much as my compatriots that reside here in Friesland do, I know when it is time to talk shit. That time is when someone is trying to be polite and reasonable and is met with quite the opposite.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 10:09:21 am by Sandersson Jankins »

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Jack1

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 231
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jack1_, Abbud_Amari, The_Doc, Gottlob_Kohlman
  • IRC nick: Risen_Jack
« Reply #230 on: June 30, 2013, 09:59:39 am »

(click to show/hide)
We're all nerds here, so it doesn't really matter.

Offline Penguin

• Duke
  • Renown: 670
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player
  • JesusChrist
    • View Profile
  • Faction: [A]rrows Incoming!
  • Game nicks: [Y]Retreat!
« Reply #231 on: June 30, 2013, 10:03:37 am »
+2
I don't even have kesh on steam nor do I talk to him. It seems like FCC needs a new commander. After 8 failed attempts, the strategy remains the same. It's time to bring in some creative minds. If I were attacking this castle I'd try to the end and not give up hope before the battle even began. My advice to FCC: Walking in with yawshawns and great mauls is not going to cut it anymore, bring in the progressives and outline an actual battle plan to take Dhirim.
"As you gaze upon the cross, and long for conformity to him, be not weary or fearful because you cannot express in words what you seek. Ask him to plant the cross in your heart. Believe in him, the crucified and now living one, to dwell within you, and breathe his own mind there."

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #232 on: June 30, 2013, 10:12:13 am »
+3
I don't even have kesh on steam nor do I talk to him. It seems like FCC needs a new commander. After 8 failed attempts, the strategy remains the same. It's time to bring in some creative minds. If I were attacking this castle I'd try to the end and not give up hope before the battle even began. My advice to FCC: Walking in with yawshawns and great mauls is not going to cut it anymore, bring in the progressives and outline an actual battle plan to take Dhirim.
Well JC, Feel free to attack Dhirim and show us how it's done. And if you just can't get off without attacking FCC you could ask Chaos to give it to us so you can attack us in Dhirim and REALLY show us.

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #233 on: June 30, 2013, 10:36:35 am »
+1

Y'know, you keep talking all of this shit about their battle plans, but how many sieges have you personally won?

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline Gristle

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BRD
  • Game nicks: Gristle_BRD
« Reply #234 on: June 30, 2013, 10:42:23 am »
+1
Well, there was a battle initiated at 3am, only we didn't do it. Get those EU mercs ready for a 10am fight.

Offline Penguin

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • JesusChrist
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 30, 2013, 10:49:43 am »
Y'know, you keep talking all of this shit about their battle plans, but how many sieges have you personally won?

I'm 1-2. While FCC is maybe 3-20 in their war with chaos. What's Draculs fief taking resume by the way? Constructive criticism shouldn't be met with such disdain, thats FCC/Vassals problem in the first place. Open your minds and your hearts to my words.
"As you gaze upon the cross, and long for conformity to him, be not weary or fearful because you cannot express in words what you seek. Ask him to plant the cross in your heart. Believe in him, the crucified and now living one, to dwell within you, and breathe his own mind there."

Offline Artyem

• King
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: June 30, 2013, 11:04:33 am »
+1
I'm 1-2. While FCC is maybe 3-20 in their war with chaos. What's Draculs fief taking resume by the way? Constructive criticism shouldn't be met with such disdain, thats FCC/Vassals problem in the first place. Open your minds and your hearts to my words.

Haven't you laid siege to two castles now?  As well as one fief?

No need to be so defensive, I meant no offense, it was a simply inquiry involving your own track record after you criticized FCC on theirs.

For what it's really worth, I've taken Nova Tismirr, reclaimed New Zagush and taken New Dashbigha (two or three times actually).  I was technically given New Ulburban by Anders, but it was purchased by FCC.

Open my mind and my heart to what?  Blatant lies and petty denunciations?  I think not.

Thanks Anders.

Thanders.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 11:24:07 am by Artyem »

Offline Penguin

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • JesusChrist
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 30, 2013, 11:32:15 am »
+3
According to the archives your only wins are from:

http://c-rpg.net/?page=strategusinfobattledetail&id=1205#!?page=strategusinfobattledetail&id=1205 (taking a village with 8 defenders)

and the one time taking of Dashigba, which I was there for. (maybe you speak of strat 2 as well?)

I'm still a firm believer that everyone's got their own strategy/mindset about castle sieges. Just because you have x amount of battles under your belt doesn't make you more or less qualified to give your opinion on something. I was not attacking you in any way. I was just wondering why you don't seem to adhere to your own logic since you seem always eager to offer your insight on strat matters when you haven't really been relevant in strat affairs for many months.

And on that note, Ulburban was initially my first choice for my sneak attack on the free traders, but ultimately ended up choosing Tismirr for...other reasons. Perhaps you would heed my advice had you seen the mighty disciples in action. There is always time for that though.

Offline Artyem

• King
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 30, 2013, 11:40:52 am »
+1
According to the archives your only wins are from:

http://c-rpg.net/?page=strategusinfobattledetail&id=1205#!?page=strategusinfobattledetail&id=1205 (taking a village with 8 defenders)

and the one time taking of Dashigba, which I was there for. (maybe you speak of strat 2 as well?)

Tismirr and Dashbigha twice, according to my battle list.

I'm still a firm believer that everyone's got their own strategy/mindset about castle sieges. Just because you have x amount of battles under your belt doesn't make you more or less qualified to give your opinion on something.

Understandable, I wasn't attacking you either, merely questioning your own logic.  (since you seem to be ready to talk about it, but I've never truly seen it.)

I was just wondering why you don't seem to adhere to your own logic since you seem always eager to offer your insight on strat matters when you haven't really been relevant in strat affairs for many months. 

I could ask you the very same question.

And on that note, Ulburban was initially my first choice for my sneak attack on the free traders, but ultimately ended up choosing Tismirr for...other reasons. Perhaps you would heed my advice had you seen the mighty disciples in action. There is always time for that though.

Ah yes, you're not the only one who has planned to attack my wonderful village.  I still eagerly await any form of advance, and I assume you're the closest to actually launching any form of attack and for that I nod in acknowledgement.  Tismirr is quite a nice village to attack,  I'm unsure of Ulburban though.

I'd love to sit down and have a conversation with you sometime, JC, it seems to me that we see eye to eye on many subjects.  Unfortunately, it appears we've taken off on the wrong foot.

Edit:

Our active player base has been low lately, but we've been working on it and now that we've got some people on board who knows what sort of magical adventure could come our way?

Offline Saxton

• Baron
  • Renown: 106
  • Infamy: 202
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos (nigger central), BRD (kesh sux my ass)
  • Game nicks: Saxton
  • IRC nick: Saxton
« Reply #239 on: June 30, 2013, 02:17:37 pm »
Honestly guys, it doesn't matter how poorly FCC does with their seiges, which they really aren't. They will still come with another army. and another army. and another army. If you guys want to rag on them about strategy, take a gander at the strat map.
I guess I haven't made enough of an impression this strat.  Feel like the fat girl at the homecoming dance.  No one wants to dance! I'm also a raging friend