Author Topic: Less magic - more realism  (Read 4085 times)

Offline Vodner

• Duke
  • Renown: 526
  • Infamy: 73
  • cRPG Player
  • SaulCanner
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SaulCanner
Re: Less magic - more realism
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2013, 10:04:52 pm »
+1
Or a perfectly good metric system that isn't retarded.
I live in Canadaland, so I'm stuck having to use both metric and imperial for my field of work.

Offline Jarold

• Marshall
  • Renown: 987
  • Infamy: 142
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "Always wear more armor than the guy next to you."
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarold
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2013, 10:05:20 pm »
+2
That's one thing I didn't ever like about TES games, the weapons didn't have proportionally correct weight compared to the other items (the armor seems relatively accurate, if not close enough).  Even the 1h swords were like 10lbs (on the light end) in those games.

Most likely so that players can't sell 60 iron swords that they picked up and carried.

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2013, 10:06:02 pm »
I live in Canadaland, so I'm stuck having to use both metric and imperial for my field of work.
I also live in Canada and never need to use imperial, hooray!

Offline Lactose_the_intolerant

• Earl
  • Renown: 460
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Byzantium the intolerant, lactose_the_...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2013, 11:02:52 pm »
+3
Less talking - more raiding

Offline dreadnok

• Marshall
  • Renown: 838
  • Infamy: 562
  • cRPG Player
  • fuck these jerkoff kids
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KBW<MB<SoW
  • Game nicks: Gorp_The_Gorger
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2013, 11:17:10 pm »
+1
I agree with Michael 100 percent you make fun of him and throw around a fucking term like  Imperial pounds. Which is probably some star wars nerd shit. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2013, 11:21:03 pm »
+1
Less Imperial - More Metric

New thread purpose.

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2013, 11:40:26 pm »
+1

See the pink part.

That's what she* said!
*you'are mother

I always assume that if a videogame doesn't specifically give a unit of measurement, then the measurements are being given in AU (arbitrary units) that exist only to quantify the stats of the item in question. Weapon length in M&B is supposedly in centimeters, right? Like a pike would be 3m and most swords about 1m?

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2013, 01:54:04 am »
+2
I could be wrong... But I think their scientists and maybe e some engineers actually use metric these days.

Nobody does any serious science using anything but KMS and the occasional field-related oddities (like the eV). Nobody.

Also skyrim units aren't really weight like in Warband. They represent both weight and volume, in a sort of mix that aims to describe how much these objects obstruct your moves.

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2013, 03:50:08 am »
+2

I guess a good part of your -1 come simply from personal bias, which is wrong after all.

But still, using Skyrim as reference is so wrong... so wrong...

Considering that you also opened a topic about creating a build for some Skyrim goblins, and looing at your avatar, I can see that...

... you are really hooked on Skyrim
... you are either not really smart or a troll. (I can't believe I agree with Paul  :lol: ).

Usually when in doubt if troll or stupid, I decide for troll, because people usually are smarter than you think, because you (= every one of us) like to think your are smarter than the others, although more often than not you aren't. But when I think back to the times when you made those topics where you tried to convince people that plated lancer on plated charger was not OP and the nerfs the upkeep bestowed upon that... "class"... should be reverted, I really get in doubt if it is trolling on purpose.

In case it was not:

The fact that real life swords were light as shit and thus Syrim being wrong let aside, you can't approach a game like this. You can't just pick some things which bother you and have them changed, because a lot of other things are influenced by that change in succession. You always have to think about it being balanced or not. There have always to be tradeoffs and the like, in whatever you suggest. And the most important thing is balance, and no change should be made at the cost of balance. Things might be unrealistic, yes, but I think there are only few things which would be more difficult to represent in a game than realistic swordfighting. Actually I can't really think of anything, except of very similar things like dancing or sports.

I don't really want to say you are stupid, I can't judge this, I don't now you really. All I can say is that your posts lack of having it thought through well, which is more likely to be the result of lazyness or missing will to work yourself into a certain topic (like game design), than being the result of low intelligence. That's why I'd like to suggest to you to think things to the end, and to always consider all aspects, especially those of gameplay, balance and choice (things you like to forget). If you take those into concern, and base your future suggestions on those, I am sure the response won't be as devastating as it is now.

To show my good will no -1 from me.  :wink:

Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2013, 05:56:13 am »
+4
You really can't just type a single short post can you  :P
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2013, 08:21:14 pm »
+8
You really can't just type a single short post can you  :P

No.
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2013, 08:24:20 pm »
+1
Ffffffffffffffff-
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2013, 09:04:42 pm »
+4
Apart from disagreeing with some of Jokers thought because of having different values I have to say his statements are always well thought and pointet
out with a clear red line and not much room for misunderstandings. I like that way more than the short, specific statements which are mostly postet
in this forum (just like I usually write).
Keep it on Joker, don't surrender to jelly voices ;-)
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline Michael

• Don't take me seriously
  • Baron
  • Renown: 118
  • Infamy: 559
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2013, 12:49:19 pm »

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2013, 12:54:26 pm »
+4
Google translate:
And you think you would be there to judge me?

You may be well enough to press buttons, the question of how much share your super-fast Internet at your 'skill' has will probably remain forever unanswered.
You may be the king in this community. But that does not make you even super smart, or even just normal-average intelligence, since this community is made up largely of predominantly intellectual less privileged children, the unemployed and pseudo-continuous students who have yet to achieve something in their lives.

The probability that a planet like the Earth developed, is about 0.000000000001%.
The likelihood that then develops a creature as man, is about 0.000000000000000000000000001%.
The probability that the raw material has been developed for the big bang out of nowhere, is (almost) 0
However, it is not improbable that one or more entities exist outside of time and space as we understand it and the thing that have made ​​whatever motives, the ball rolling.

If your mind is not enough to understand this, then impress the idiots just continue with your 'whistle for atheism' and show them how 'mature' but you are.

But just because you do not understand something, it does not have to be equally wrong.

Certainly there are not you the right to me (or anyone else) to denigrate and personally insulting.

This applies also for my suggestions concerning CRPG.

But best 'banish' You simply me from the forum.
For an apology I do not trust you anyway not necessary to human size, and the other a figure of fun anyway has banned me in-game because my black horse has not vanished into thin air when he is gezickzackt me in the way.

Never change, Michael, this is why we love you. -1 well deserved :lol: