Author Topic: Make CRPG more forgiving  (Read 3022 times)

Offline jergu

• Baron
  • Renown: 137
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Make CRPG more forgiving
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2013, 02:09:41 pm »
+4
Well all of these comments really opened my eyes  :shock: and made me see a several things that i didnt think about first but my point was exactly to try to find a way to raise the playerbase . Nerfing  was just a suggestion that i thought that would work (obv it wont now that i saw the light) :D I would like to also know if any of you would have ideas that could work to raise the playerbase.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2013, 02:16:20 pm »
Getting the old players to use noob gear again. One way to do it is to link the team balance to equipment cost.

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2013, 02:40:46 pm »
You do understand that your suggestion shoots yourself in the foot?

The uber-geared uber-loomed players, in heavy, triple loomed armor with triple loomed gauntlets and helmets - they can already take like half a dozen good hits from a good weapon. Which is one of the main reasons why they get such good scores most of the time. Nerf weapons - these guys become even more hard to kill, actually more so than the unloomed guys, because of how armour works in this game.

All of a sudden, I'm okay with OPs suggestion. I'll just use my horse as my weapon.

+1 because OP called it. He's clearly right.

Offline peter_afca7

• Count
  • Renown: 224
  • Infamy: 113
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BLABLA
  • Game nicks: BLABLABLA
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2013, 02:49:12 pm »
If u want to get some kills , here`s the formula.

1.15/24 Build
2.Longsword/ or any other 2h sword.
3.Endless spam.
4. ????
5. Profit
18/24 glaive spam is more rewarding in every situation

Offline Fartface

• Earl
  • Renown: 476
  • Infamy: 288
  • cRPG Player
  • Centurii
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deathcore,Djentcore,Deathmetal,Brutal,Slam
  • Game nicks: Growling,Grunting,Screaming,Squeeling
  • IRC nick: Fuck I love it.
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2013, 03:05:44 pm »
Everyone was a peasant/newbi once.

you will adept slowly.
You´re still one  :mrgreen:

Offline owens

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 389
  • cRPG Player
  • PK_BALLA
    • View Profile
    • Our Website
  • Faction: Persian Kittens
  • Game nicks: PK's nice guy
  • IRC nick: PK world tour pm to donate
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2013, 03:09:39 pm »
+1
^HAHA someone said glaive is better than longsword! hahahah

Seriously though the only problem i can see with old player vs new player in respect to looms is armour. Most weapons are okay.

10 extra armour for no weight penalty is too much that is ~20% extra armour on average. No melee weapon gets 20% extra damage thats for sure. I think 6-7 armour for loomed gloves + armour is more realistic and fair.
PK is back

PK is a collection of elites from throughout modern and ancient history. Giants of Calradia individually, as a group these gods of combat shatter all expectations and ascend to a higher plain of victory that only a few have seen before.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2013, 03:28:59 pm »
+3
Although OP's solutions might not be so good, I agree partly with the overall sentiment.

If you get through the newbie process and stick with the game then you will end up a good player eventually. If the game is made too easy for newbies they won't ever need to get good. They will pick up bad habits or not care for team work or run off trying to solo.

Now the best thing for a newbie to do is stick with his team, support players, get to know who the more important targets are on your team and the enemy team, get a sense of where you should be in the battle at what time. Actual mechanical fighting skills are secondary to all the other things you can pick up while still being "bad". You can be "bad" and still be a strong team member. If any joe newbie can run in and get kills then all the other stuff will become less important, and it will actually be worse for newbies imo as they will just get slaughtered in manual combat type skills. So by making the game easier you might end up just making it easier for the experienced players

There are things you can do without nerfing the actual reliance on team mates/tactical side of it though. Like reduce the gap between loomed and unloomed guy and reduce the gap between fresh lvl1 guy and ready to retire lvl 30+. +10 armour is a bit much, why do some gloves give over 100% bonus? Why do gloves protect the body so much anyway? Why not increase levelling time for the initial levels? So 1-26 or so takes less time than now, but 26-31 takes a bit longer to compensate. Front load the gains more basically.

Why not reduce the frustration factor a bit? Players want to know why they died, and they want a sense of fairness. So RNG type deaths are never much fun, unless the player made an identifiable mistake that they can trace back to a point and say "damn why did I do that". Not "damn that guy is lucky". I'm talking partly random headshots from across the map, or glitchy kills from mounted players when their weapon model is nowhere near you when they attack (some bump slashes). Get rid of sound bugs like mounts in water (silent steps). Make 2 hand stabs more intuitive compared to polearms. They don't seem to glance the same way and do decent damage with a tiny poke with the end of the stab animation. You could even make the block animations make more sense, like the way down block functions (it looks really odd for a new player to hold the weapon horizontally to block all stabs). This is probably not going to happen or maybe not something I totally support, but visible signs of someone's relative strength so you can see at a glance that someone is very strong, or someone has lots of wounds etc. You can see that someone is very agile, but str is more of a hidden variable. Player damage is also quite random. Sometimes I only have a little blood on me but i'm actually at 1 hit to death.

Other things like the newbie help popup on the site are nice new additions. Stuff like that will really help.

TL;DR. Don't make the game easier for everyone and so nerf tactics/teamwork. But reduce the gap a little between loomed/high level guys, and make some aspects more intuitive and "fair"
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Azlanek

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • The post is over to the left
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Khagataz, Azlanek
« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2013, 03:32:42 pm »
+1 I agree completely with Grumbs' argument.
The post is up there

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2013, 04:02:08 pm »
18/24 glaive spam is more rewarding in every situation
18/24 flamberge spam is more rewarding in every situation
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline bagge

• King
  • Renown: 1056
  • Infamy: 275
  • cRPG Player
  • Duke of Poland
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: bagge
« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2013, 04:39:10 pm »
+2
my old friendguts who wanna nerf everything and do a Blizzard and make the game designed for kids. The only thing that needed a nerf was the bumps, which got slightly nerfed.
I hope you guys get some sort of sticky balls deseases and smell like my armpits, sorry excusese for nolife fucking cunts you are.

Offline Panos

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 1319
  • Infamy: 551
  • cRPG Player
  • Hate for 2h kuyak my old friends.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Varangian Guard
  • Game nicks: Varangian_Panos
  • IRC nick: Panos
« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2013, 04:49:47 pm »
You´re still one  :mrgreen:

I`m better than 90% of your clanmates.

Including you.  :wink:

Offline no_rules_just_play

• King
  • Renown: 1401
  • Infamy: 384
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE; Peasants United; Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: CapraAegagrusHircus_HRE; no_rules_just_play_HRE
  • IRC nick: norulesjustplay
« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2013, 04:52:39 pm »
+2
fuck you too all fuckers who gave a new forum user -1

my old friendgets

:(((

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2013, 04:54:25 pm »
I`m better than 90% of your clanmates.

Including you.  :wink:

I doubt you'd beat Darian when he's an agility build :D
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Panos

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 1319
  • Infamy: 551
  • cRPG Player
  • Hate for 2h kuyak my old friends.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Varangian Guard
  • Game nicks: Varangian_Panos
  • IRC nick: Panos
« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2013, 04:55:33 pm »
I doubt you'd beat Darian when he's an agility build :D

I`m open for challenges.

Offline Michael

• Don't take me seriously
  • Baron
  • Renown: 118
  • Infamy: 559
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2013, 06:15:29 pm »
+2
i believe this is just the charm of crpg. it gives you a feeling to play an 'elite' game.

Well, elite GTX was crushed when he was trying to find out whats native duelling all about.

On topic, I would suggest you to use skip the fun and respec a lot.
Do not sign up as a main char, just leave it the way it is. This way you may reassign all the points as often as you want.

Also, keep in mind, the 'goal' of a video game is to have fun; not to be the hero of a community who's members are mostly immature brats or plain stupid. Or simply no lifer assholes.

It doesnt matter how many kills you get or what not.
From my experience, with a skip the fun level 30 char and crap gear it is possible to reach a decent k-d (k>d) but as said above it simply doesnt matter how good you are doing. Let them run around in superior gear and use exploits. Focus on yourself and enjoy the game. So arcade it is, its still fun.

my old friendguts who wanna make the game designed for kids.

Dude, it IS a game designed for kids. Unlike the kid is extremely stupid, it is not necessary to be older than 14 years to understand and master it.
From my experience, when you reach some age in real life, your eyes get worse, your hands get slower, and most of all, you simply dont have the time to sit in front of your computer and push buttons all day.