Author Topic: The steppe winds  (Read 19639 times)

Offline kasMVC

• Duke
  • Renown: 608
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: The steppe winds
« Reply #180 on: May 10, 2013, 09:10:46 am »
+5
FCC tears are the most delicious type of tears

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #181 on: May 10, 2013, 09:16:00 am »
+5
FCC tears are the most delicious type of tears

I get the feeling you would appreciate it more if we talked smack and acted like giant assholes whenever we won a battle. I'll find Epoch for you.

Offline Havoco

• Duke
  • Renown: 538
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospookfans
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Havoc
  • IRC nick: Havoco
« Reply #182 on: May 10, 2013, 09:23:14 am »
Or, you know, just don't talk at all. Though that would be too much of a change for u guys.
Pock gobblers

Offline BlackWhite

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player
  • Doesn't matter if you're Black or White
    • View Profile
    • Join the Ravens of Valhalla Today! The only NA Viking Clan
  • Faction: Raven
  • Game nicks: BlackWhite
« Reply #183 on: May 10, 2013, 09:25:01 am »
Grease rolled down the trembling chins of Kesh as news reached him of the attack on Ambean. "WHO DARE DOUBLE-CROSS I, MOST BEAUTIFUL MAIDEN IN ALL THE LANDS!", he bellowed. "My...lor-lady, Ambean lies between Fimbulvetr and Sargoth, perhaps we should have sent a shipment of yawsh-" "SILENCE!" The timid squire Matey recoiled in fear as Kesh raised a sweaty fist. He waved off the old man, "Bring me my boys." "Milady, perhaps now isn't the time for such-" All it took was a look from Kesh for Matey to abandon his folly and summon the child soldiers. Matey gave one last glance at the Blackfist procession into the hall before the doors were shut.

Too funny.  Literally just lolled.  +1'd would read again.

Offline Relit

• Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 109
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Relit
« Reply #184 on: May 10, 2013, 09:44:05 am »
+2
I'm a trusting person; sue me. Also 48 hours to prepare for your 18k~ troops is better than nothing but really, it takes you 48 hours just to reach us and we saw em coming at about the same time you said they were; not that exciting. It was an opportunistic move and as I said it makes tactical sense, it just wasn't the kind of thing I or some others expected from you. Also in regards to your RP about Sargoth being your home... that is based on strat 3 when we gave you Ambean as a home so we could work together in some fashion? I don't know if you guys ended up taking it all over later when we left but I found it a little sad that your RP makes it sound like we are some meanie-heads who stole your land when really we set you up in it in strat 3 D:. Anyways, you guys keep saying to see things from your side and I get it, but it would be nice if you could acknowledge things from our side (or at least kesh's) as well. Is it really so hard to understand why some of us would be upset at your decision?

I have attempted to consider your side and why your upset. If I were in your shoes I would be annoyed but then I would realize that I made the classic grand strategy mistake of forgetting that other people have their own goals that may in fact interfere with yours. I understand you guys are miffed because you thought we were the best of friends fighting Occitan/Hospitaller together. Things changed pretty quickly and its jarring to see friends become enemies over night. Our decision upset you, I acknowledge this and hope one day we can move past that, but it is not my job as Raven strat leader to be friendly with every single entity on the map, without conflict we would all be sitting around doing trade runs.

Now, I know you guys are at war with a few factions, all over the map. Its for that reason I am arbitrarily restricting all Raven action to the Sargoth region (and Narra's area if you come knocking). We will not be organizing any massive effort to hit your holdings near our home region with Hospitaller/Occitan/LL, if they want to do that they can do it without us but make no mistake, we could have and it would have been much easier on us if we had. It is my hope that by only hitting the Sargoth region, FCC will be able to effectively defend itself on the other fronts, while putting up a good fight on ours.

If you are looking for a apology, its not going to happen. I answer to Turboflex and the Raven members, if they feel I am not doing my best they will remove me and select somebody else.

Edit: Strat 3 was a mess for us. We were attacked by allies, defended by enemies, given land then had it taken away randomly. The RP in this thread is purely a creation of this strat, I did say that Ambean was the home of my characters clan, this was done as a funny reference to NH's first village and not a stab at FCC. Honestly the only thing that stuck with me and some of the other Raven's from strat 3 was Hospitaller giving us a lot of advice and help understanding the system.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 09:57:39 am by Relit »

Offline Holiday203

• Count
  • Renown: 182
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Art of Wutang, Justice League
  • Game nicks: Batman_Holiday_AoW
« Reply #185 on: May 10, 2013, 09:47:22 am »
+2
Or, you know, just don't talk at all. Though that would be too much of a change for u guys.

LAWL look who is talking.

Offline Matey

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 10, 2013, 10:04:34 am »
I have attempted to consider your side and why your upset. If I were in your shoes I would be annoyed but then I would realize that I made the classic grand strategy mistake of forgetting that other people have their own goals that may in fact interfere with yours. I understand you guys are miffed because you thought we were the best of friends fighting Occitan/Hospitaller together. Things changed pretty quickly and its jarring to see friends become enemies over night. Our decision upset you, I acknowledge this and hope one day we can move past that, but it is not my job as Raven strat leader to be friendly with every single entity on the map, without conflict we would all be sitting around doing trade runs.

Now, I know you guys are at war with a few factions, all over the map. Its for that reason I am arbitrarily restricting all Raven action to the Sargoth region (and Narra's area if you come knocking). We will not be organizing any massive effort to hit your holdings near our home region with Hospitaller/Occitan/LL, if they want to do that they can do it without us but make no mistake, we could have and it would have been much easier on us if we had. It is my hope that by only hitting the Sargoth region, FCC will be able to effectively defend itself on the other fronts, while putting up a good fight on ours.

If you are looking for a apology, its not going to happen. I answer to Turboflex and the Raven members, if they feel I am not doing my best they will remove me and select somebody else.

Edit: Strat 3 was a mess for us. We were attacked by allies, defended by enemies, given land then had it taken away randomly. The RP in this thread is purely a creation of this strat, I did say that Ambean was the home of my characters clan, this was done as a funny reference to NH's first village and not a stab at FCC. Honestly the only thing that stuck with me and some of the other Raven's from strat 3 was Hospitaller giving us a lot of advice and help understanding the system.

That's better. I do understand what you are up to and why, the only thing I didn't really get is why you all seemed to think we should be excited and enthusiastic about the situation as opposed to being annoyed by it.

Offline kasMVC

• Duke
  • Renown: 608
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 10, 2013, 10:36:11 am »
+4
Give us annoyance and we wont complain! The vibe kesh sent off was a distraught cow who just lost her calf during the birthing process.

Actually this is more towards the end. I suppose that's how diplomacy threads work. Good to get some emotion I believe it will add to this oncoming feud.

Offline Snickers

• Baron
  • Renown: 95
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 10, 2013, 01:11:32 pm »
+2
We, as the FCC, has always been disliked by you forum folk. Y'all either call us Warmongers(which I loved), whiners or what ever it may be; no matter it be lies or not, I don't care.
Why is pride such a big deal on the internet?
Is it really necessary to attack someone for everything they post?
People Whining about other people whining. Reading all these posts, I can't help but smirk the whole time from the hilarity of the forums and from excitement of imminent blood shed.

I say more enemies the better, more fighting the better, more blood the better and more fun the better!

« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 01:30:06 pm by Snickers »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kreczor

• Earl
  • Renown: 332
  • Infamy: 204
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the qt crew
  • Game nicks: Kreczor_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: Kreczor
« Reply #189 on: May 10, 2013, 04:48:31 pm »
you guys turned around and sent 10? guys with 1300-2000 troops each at us while we were in the middle of a big war with FIDLGB and Chaos.
Big war? What the hell have I been missing? There's been like, 3-4 battles worth fighting if that.

Will you nerds stop having battles outside NA primetime windows? 3pm est yesterday and 4am est today. Lets look at tomorrow evening; Raven, Occitan, and VE all managed to attack at decent times for everyone with except maybe the west coast at the earliest battles. Frisia, Mates, and Chaos; please take notes. tia. nerds.

That 4am battle wasn't part of no war, just some rando stealin shit.

I have an excel spreadsheet with everyone in c-rpg so I can track how many times I kill you nerds.

Offline Wesleysnipes

• Earl
  • Renown: 371
  • Infamy: 196
  • SQUIDDONKULIOUS
    • View Profile
  • Faction: AoW squid
  • Game nicks: Wesley
« Reply #190 on: May 10, 2013, 05:02:08 pm »
We know this ain't easy, you meant alot to us. We weren't the perfect significant others.

Look babe, we just need some space.

I think we should see other people, FCC.

It wasn't you, it was us.

I hope we could still be friends.

I'm sorry we ran around behind your back with Occitan, baby.

You knew this was over for a long time.

Sorry for the fuck.

I think we're moving too fast.

Its just bad timing.

Don't say Daruvs quote, so I changed it.
Dashing through the steppe, on a hundreds horse sleigh, o'er fields we go, laughing all the way. HOHOHO! It's Calamariclause and it's Christmas in April for the Squids.

http://www.insomniagamer.com/lp/leagueofangels/loapink/

Offline Matey

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 10, 2013, 07:51:40 pm »
+1
Big war? What the hell have I been missing? There's been like, 3-4 battles worth fighting if that.

That 4am battle wasn't part of no war, just some rando stealin shit.

I have an excel spreadsheet with everyone in c-rpg so I can track how many times I kill you nerds.

Well fidl sent out 6 armies of 1500 and chaos sent out 2 or 3 of 1500. so we've recently dealt with 12-14k troops... granted things went pretty well for us, but I would say that is a pretty sizeable bit of fighting.

Offline Gmnotutoo

• King
  • Renown: 1387
  • Infamy: 229
  • Space Pope of BIRD CLAN
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns
  • Game nicks: Gmnotutoo
« Reply #192 on: May 10, 2013, 07:58:53 pm »
+2
Everyone in NA should stop fighting and join BIRD CLAN. So we can take out EU.

Diplomacy Skill Check Roll(1d20):
16,+4 (diplomacy skill bonus), +8 (Charisma Modifier)
Total:28

THIS IS A MANLY CLAN. FOR MANLY MEN. DOING MANLY THINGS.

Offline Wesleysnipes

• Earl
  • Renown: 371
  • Infamy: 196
  • SQUIDDONKULIOUS
    • View Profile
  • Faction: AoW squid
  • Game nicks: Wesley
« Reply #193 on: May 10, 2013, 08:02:55 pm »
LOL d and d! FCC over Chaos, FIDLGB, Fimbuttholes, Occitan.
Dashing through the steppe, on a hundreds horse sleigh, o'er fields we go, laughing all the way. HOHOHO! It's Calamariclause and it's Christmas in April for the Squids.

http://www.insomniagamer.com/lp/leagueofangels/loapink/

Offline Spanish

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 106
  • 2h Cav Star of the year award winner.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The official Drama Llama of Knights_Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Spaniard, BowPersona, Span
« Reply #194 on: May 10, 2013, 08:08:03 pm »
+3
Ohay where did all the puns go?

Still wondering why we have so many forum warriors in a medieval battle game thing, can't we all just be nerds together.
My horse is named pebbles and we like to try.