Author Topic: The steppe winds  (Read 19637 times)

Offline Wesleysnipes

• Earl
  • Renown: 371
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • SQUIDDONKULIOUS
    • View Profile
  • Faction: AoW squid
  • Game nicks: Wesley
Re: The steppe winds
« Reply #150 on: May 10, 2013, 04:08:47 am »
Its getting to Sandy's brain...
Dashing through the steppe, on a hundreds horse sleigh, o'er fields we go, laughing all the way. HOHOHO! It's Calamariclause and it's Christmas in April for the Squids.

http://www.insomniagamer.com/lp/leagueofangels/loapink/

Offline Jack1

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 231
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jack1_, Abbud_Amari, The_Doc, Gottlob_Kohlman
  • IRC nick: Risen_Jack
« Reply #151 on: May 10, 2013, 04:11:10 am »
Its getting to Sandy's brain...

i challenge you to a shitpost battle

uhhhh, ur gay and uhhhhhh, i dont like you so uhhhhh, go eat cake couse your not good at this game.

reply in shit post fashon please
We're all nerds here, so it doesn't really matter.

Offline Wesleysnipes

• Earl
  • Renown: 371
  • Infamy: 196
  • SQUIDDONKULIOUS
    • View Profile
  • Faction: AoW squid
  • Game nicks: Wesley
« Reply #152 on: May 10, 2013, 04:13:22 am »
fuck the 1 percent, I'm the .5 percent.
Dashing through the steppe, on a hundreds horse sleigh, o'er fields we go, laughing all the way. HOHOHO! It's Calamariclause and it's Christmas in April for the Squids.

http://www.insomniagamer.com/lp/leagueofangels/loapink/

Offline Jack1

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 231
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jack1_, Abbud_Amari, The_Doc, Gottlob_Kohlman
  • IRC nick: Risen_Jack
« Reply #153 on: May 10, 2013, 04:14:08 am »
fuck the .5 percent, im the .5^300
We're all nerds here, so it doesn't really matter.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #154 on: May 10, 2013, 04:24:00 am »
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 04:28:21 am by Keshian »
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline partyboy

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
  • BRING BACK LADDERS
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GODQUEEN_PARTYGIRL_OF_BIRD
« Reply #155 on: May 10, 2013, 04:32:55 am »
+4
I have yet to receive a castle from either side so I am hesitant to choose a side here.
Subject displays signs of antisocial behaviour
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Blackzilla

• Earl
  • Renown: 451
  • Infamy: 108
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FIDLGB(strat/crpg),Dracul(Friends)
  • Game nicks: Blackzilla_FIDLGB, Helios The Shiny
  • IRC nick: Blackzilla
« Reply #156 on: May 10, 2013, 04:40:19 am »
. Double post my bad

Offline Blackzilla

• Earl
  • Renown: 451
  • Infamy: 108
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FIDLGB(strat/crpg),Dracul(Friends)
  • Game nicks: Blackzilla_FIDLGB, Helios The Shiny
  • IRC nick: Blackzilla
« Reply #157 on: May 10, 2013, 04:41:04 am »
So i guess attacking muki's fief after he quit strategus recently and attacking 2 of our afk members who have been stuck on a river with no gear for 2 months is part of the "noble and brave war?"  really confused - are you trying to boost morale after daruvian's fight by attacking afks on the river?
Just listen to the song N 2 Gether Now, and Shut the fuck up.

Offline Relit

• Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 109
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Relit
« Reply #158 on: May 10, 2013, 04:43:32 am »
+3
I directly asked you and you said no you were not making peace with occitan.  i had asked you several questions, but I started with saying I know you have been mercing for them a lot lately and I was wondering if you were going to make peace with them and attack us.   I already knew that you preferred mercing for them over tkov from talking with you before.  One of my other questions was asking if maybe you could merc for us occasionally when we were fighting chaos since you described fidlgb as your homies (even though you used to talk so much shit about rhalzo back when you were in the tundra and had left fidlgb).  It helps that I have a good memory.  So when I say you directly lied to my face, you lied directly to my face and then you try rationalizing what you are doing by saying we didn't really help you guys for 3 months against hospitallers and occitan - you had it in the bag even though you were constantly talking about worrying that you might lose narra unless you got help soon just before we stepped in.

Well there was a good run supporting each other in this recent campaign against Hopsi & friends whom we were both at war with but I don't think we owe you guys anything.

It wasn't quite you riding to our rescue as is being insinuated here. You had just abandoned your SS campaign due to their dubious actions at Almehrra so  you jumped at the opportunity to refocus anyway. Their initial attack against us ended up being fairly unserious they took 3 lightly protected villages while we initially pulled back to our strongholds, which they never really attempted to take. They ended all further offensive attacks after a single 1:3 loss siege at Malayurg. We fought them hard to re-take villages, then some more heavy fighting at Dashbigha when they counter attacked us with a bunch of armies, while you guys campaigned in other areas.

In the end I don't think you can complain you got screwed or anything cuz you gained a bunch of fiefs including a city & castle so I'd say you guys made out well enough from our joint efforts.

Reread this Kesh, actually read it and understand our position. There was no backstabbing. We had no alliance, Non-agression pact or even a trade agreement with FCC. The war versus Hospitaller was over, FCC was going finish them off. So we ended our part in that. We then made peace with Occitan, which was a war fought over Rindyar castle. A war which was literally never going to end and be boring for both sides if we continued it.

I do not care about the Frisian dislike of you, Kesh. I am completely focused on getting my Raven members a good time on strat, if that means attacking somebody in a war game whom we have no agreement with, then so be it.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 10, 2013, 04:44:19 am »
That is what you said you wanted strat to be all those months ago(on the forum) right? Fun fights with equal sized factions.

That was chaos not me.  Plus joining forces with 6 other factions is not what I would consider equal anyway, more like riding on the coattails of the other factions that have been fighting us for months or weeks before you declared war on us.

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #160 on: May 10, 2013, 04:45:53 am »
+8
I hate fun fights with equal-sized factions.

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Penguin

• Duke
  • Renown: 670
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player
  • JesusChrist
    • View Profile
  • Faction: [A]rrows Incoming!
  • Game nicks: [Y]Retreat!
« Reply #161 on: May 10, 2013, 04:50:57 am »
+17
Grease rolled down the trembling chins of Kesh as news reached him of the attack on Ambean. "WHO DARE DOUBLE-CROSS I, MOST BEAUTIFUL MAIDEN IN ALL THE LANDS!", he bellowed. "My...lor-lady, Ambean lies between Fimbulvetr and Sargoth, perhaps we should have sent a shipment of yawsh-" "SILENCE!" The timid squire Matey recoiled in fear as Kesh raised a sweaty fist. He waved off the old man, "Bring me my boys." "Milady, perhaps now isn't the time for such-" All it took was a look from Kesh for Matey to abandon his folly and summon the child soldiers. Matey gave one last glance at the Blackfist procession into the hall before the doors were shut.
"As you gaze upon the cross, and long for conformity to him, be not weary or fearful because you cannot express in words what you seek. Ask him to plant the cross in your heart. Believe in him, the crucified and now living one, to dwell within you, and breathe his own mind there."

Offline Keshian

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 10, 2013, 04:53:54 am »
We then made peace with Occitan, which was a war fought over Rindyar castle. A war which was literally never going to end and be boring for both sides if we continued it.

You really think attacking us is somehow going to have a conclusion amd going to end?  Occitan has a conclusion and was no longer over rindyar - they attacked your 3 fiefs you had owned less than 2 weeks ago and took them from you - why would you just bend over and accept that from arrowaine and then decalre war on us who had abcked you for 2 months completely and had promised aid in fighting occitan just like we had aided whenever we could against all the other factions that attacked you.  Do you really think occitan was too much for you guys you could never end the war and yet we would somehow be pushovers that you could actually end a war with - or was it because you saw an opportunity based on our trust with you and our already being involved in 5 different wars.

Offline Duster

• Marshall
  • Renown: 730
  • Infamy: 89
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mr_Pibb, Mellow_Yellowtf
« Reply #163 on: May 10, 2013, 05:04:14 am »
+17
Kesh is looking pretty bad in this thread, someone should probably come Bale him out

Offline Relit

• Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 109
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Relit
« Reply #164 on: May 10, 2013, 05:10:24 am »
+13
You really think attacking us is somehow going to have a conclusion amd going to end?  Occitan has a conclusion and was no longer over rindyar - they attacked your 3 fiefs you had owned less than 2 weeks ago and took them from you - why would you just bend over and accept that from arrowaine and then decalre war on us who had abcked you for 2 months completely and had promised aid in fighting occitan just like we had aided whenever we could against all the other factions that attacked you.  Do you really think occitan was too much for you guys you could never end the war and yet we would somehow be pushovers that you could actually end a war with - or was it because you saw an opportunity based on our trust with you and our already being involved in 5 different wars.

This may be hard to believe Kesh, but the Raven leadership actually like to ends wars. Not every war has to end with one side being completely wiped off the face of strat. We play the game like it was EU3 or Victoria(1or2). Strategy games based on history where you can not actually take somebody completely over unless they are small and weak. Whats the point of the game if you declare war on somebody, wipe them out, drive them completely away from strat thereby making the game worse for everybody else due to lack of people even playing?

I have never once insulted FCC's ability to play this game. You will not be pushovers, which is part of the reason we are at war with you. My guys wanted a challenge, somebody they had not fought before. Are we going to beat you in this war? Who knows. But I can tell you this. If we start losing, if we are getting our asses kicked all over the place, I will come to you and say, "Hey we had a good war, you guys won, how about we give you X castle/X city and we call it a peace agreement. Maybe next time we can make a official alliance and join you guys in a war."

You may tell me to go fuck myself. But whatever, I will try it anyway, because that's how we (Ravens) play this game. This war is not personal for us. Stop trying to make it out to be.