Author Topic: The steppe winds  (Read 19632 times)

Offline Little Lord Lollipop

• Duke
  • Renown: 582
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Always Take The Shot
  • Game nicks: Frumpty_Dumpty_ATTS
Re: The steppe winds
« Reply #165 on: May 10, 2013, 05:10:54 am »
+14
Kesh is looking pretty bad in this thread, someone should probably come Bale him out

What about his Matey?
Dear Little Lord Lollipop
You have received a warning for being a total twat.
Best Regards,
The cRPG Forum Team

Offline Canuck

• Earl
  • Renown: 482
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Canuck
« Reply #166 on: May 10, 2013, 05:24:03 am »
+11
What about his Matey?

Maybe if he could just take the Dick out of his Butt

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #167 on: May 10, 2013, 05:32:29 am »

You may tell me to go fuck myself. But whatever, I will try it anyway, because that's how we (Ravens) play this game. This war is not personal for us. Stop trying to make it out to be.

Really didnt want it to be and even pmed you guys asking if this would be a friendly war with no hard feelings, asking exactly that if you guys lose would you fight to the death or just call a truce - got responded back that you dont owe us anything and you reallty didnt need any help back in the past against hospitallers and occitan and astralis and you would fight for as long as you felt like it, and since then daruvian has pretty much obsessed over me with his name and constantly needing to talk about me in game and sandersson has been kind of becoming another daruvian when he used to be a cool guy.

Just 3 weeks ago we were talking like this:

"Quote from: Keshian on April 18, 2013, 02:40:08 pm
What do you guys need from us?  Chaos si not the type to go on the offensive and I dont think you were expecting 10K occitan troops to be attacking you as well.  We can send out several armies to help you, but what is the plan?  Do you guys want to fall back to particular villages or keep pushing them back or I heard someone mention taking sungetche castle?  We got your back and thats more important than our war with chaos, just let us know what you need.

Turboflex
I think we're mostly ok, we have pretty significant troop reserves. We have the capability to contest the disputed hospitaller villages while mounting offensives in other places.

And then you guys rationalize things and talk like we did absolutely nothing for you guys - so yeah its a little bit like spitting in someone's face after they saved your life.  The war itself may not be personal but the way you rationalized it is a little bit insulting.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Relit

• Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 109
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Relit
« Reply #168 on: May 10, 2013, 05:53:30 am »
+1
And then you guys rationalize things and talk like we did absolutely nothing for you guys - so yeah its a little bit like spitting in someone's face after they saved your life.  The war itself may not be personal but the way you rationalized it is a little bit insulting.

You are exaggerating the situation. You did help us. Everybody knows you helped us, we even freely admit to it. Could we have done it without your help? I firmly believe we could have, but it would have taken a lot more time. The war versus Hospitaller was profitable, you gained 2 villages, a castle and a city. We coordinated with you guys as best we could, we offered insights, armies to cordon off Tulga and to support your movements in the area. We gained nothing but our 2 villages back. A fair trade by any measure. Never once did you come to us to ask for a alliance or any other agreement. If you had done so during the height of the war, we probably would have agreed to something and this war would have been avoided. We keep to our agreements at all costs. Ask the Frisians about the Raven's dedication to their treaties.

We appreciate your help in the previous wars. It was a lot of fun, we enjoyed fighting with the FCC guys and look forward to the coming battles versus you guys and even in the future working with you guys again, but we do not owe you anything in strat nor did we promise anything to you. I hope you can accept our perspective on this and realize that sometimes people can disagree with each other and still be friendly.

Offline Tojo

• Earl
  • Renown: 490
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
  • Long Live NA_1
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, HoC, Acre, MB, HG, Beserks
  • Game nicks: _Tojo, Drew_Brees, Tijo
« Reply #169 on: May 10, 2013, 06:02:30 am »
+2
This thread is now offtopic!

As an official appointed Admin I am now banishing those who seek to derail the thread.

Springtime, a time of year that Tojo had not experienced much after spending all those years in the Tundra. He preferred the much warmer climate here in his new home of Ayyike. Too long had his men been without a place to call home , anyone would take a barracks bed over another night on the ground. The more then plentiful amount of unwed maids in the town was a pleasant bonus as well, thanks to the absence of Dynamike's army. Draeth had taken the governing duties of the town, having been experienced in the art before. A beautiful stone chapel was being built by the men, as the crucifix was being put into place he could see Eryalus intructing the men guiding the large maple wood cross into the ground. As the cross was set the men knelt and prayed.

As Tojo gazed out toward the West he wondered how many more days it would take for the remaining Holy Guard forces to reach their new home. Word was sent a week ago to regroup and he had only heard back from one member. Time was of the essence and more preparations were needed. A storm was coming to these lands and Tojo did not intend on getting wet...

Offline Rikthor

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BOARD Clan
  • Game nicks: Historian_Rikthorrr
« Reply #170 on: May 10, 2013, 06:19:00 am »
+4
As a neutral merc I have this to say:

Will you nerds stop having battles outside NA primetime windows? 3pm est yesterday and 4am est today. Lets look at tomorrow evening; Raven, Occitan, and VE all managed to attack at decent times for everyone with except maybe the west coast at the earliest battles. Frisia, Mates, and Chaos; please take notes. tia. nerds.

Quote from: chadz
No matter how long you guys cry - I will not give in to dumbing strategus down because some people just want battles. If all you want are battles, then play cRPG, not strat. There are other people who like advanced gameplay.

Trolololololol

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
« Reply #171 on: May 10, 2013, 06:19:56 am »
+1
Kesh's renown will soon be a light saber lance with this amount of infamy coming his way  :shock:
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Espwn

• Baron
  • Renown: 146
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Companies of Calradia (Bridgeburners)
  • Game nicks: Frodo_BRD, Samwise_the_Stouthearted
« Reply #172 on: May 10, 2013, 06:30:18 am »
+3
This thread is retarded. Just shut up and attack us.

(click to show/hide)

Offline kasMVC

• Duke
  • Renown: 608
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 10, 2013, 06:53:21 am »
+4
If you're dumb enough to be sucked into an argument with kesh listen to me.

JUST STOP REPLYING TO HIM.

Whenever I see a kesh post I just breeze right over it. Reading them usually makes me nauseous. So do us all a favor. Stop replying to him. He can say whatever he wants but he'll only post his bullshit once and be done with it. Rather than continuously posting over and over again about the same things (or w/e kesh posts about)

Stop encouraging him. Seriously, we made a nice RP post and Kesh obviously missed the point. Telling him he missed the point wont work. Reasoning with him won't work. Kesh is a serious leech on this community, and generally makes this game less enjoyable. We all know this. Makes me sad actually that someone can act so childish and insecure. Actually I can't even diagnose his behavior as I am not a Psychologist, but I'm sure whatever name we label his thought process would not it justice.

So please, when you see Kesh just ignore it. I'm asking you to put your pride aside. I'm asking you to ignore his obvious fallacies and general fairytale ideologies.

Do this for Cikel please. If you have any love for me or for fun you will just ignore him.

Peace and Love

Cikel

EDIT: downvote post if you like reading kesh upvote post if you have small penis!

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #174 on: May 10, 2013, 07:09:04 am »
It is unfortunate it is turning so ugly, but I do find it amazing you didn't expect it to turn ugly seeing as it was frisia's personal vendetta about something most of us FCC never even heard about that apparently lead to this huge change in relations with you guys. We had all seen you guys as being really good friends we could count on and then you guys turned around and sent 10? guys with 1300-2000 troops each at us while we were in the middle of a big war with FIDLGB and Chaos. I will agree that it is a smart tactical move on your part in terms of sneak attacking an opponent who doesn't see you coming at a time when they are weakened, but I think some of us (Kesh especially) didn't expect that kind of thing from people we held in such high regard. That being said; it isn't the first time a clan we considered to be really good friends has planted a knife in our back; it didn't work out well for chaos in strat 2 and I don't expect it to go any better for you here.

Offline kasMVC

• Duke
  • Renown: 608
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 10, 2013, 07:41:13 am »
+2
Are these the words of a fighter? I can hardly believe my eyes. So used to idle cries of foul play from your leaders that I find your last sentiment refreshing. A hint of things to come?

"I don't expect it to go any better for you here"

A meek defense. I only hope your armies prove tougher than your words. Your arrows will shatter before our shields. Your miserable plate smashed by our axes. Your walls will crumble beneath our swarms. Let the bloodshed commence.

Offline Relit

• Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 109
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Relit
« Reply #176 on: May 10, 2013, 07:53:15 am »
+4
It is unfortunate it is turning so ugly, but I do find it amazing you didn't expect it to turn ugly seeing as it was frisia's personal vendetta about something most of us FCC never even heard about that apparently lead to this huge change in relations with you guys. We had all seen you guys as being really good friends we could count on and then you guys turned around and sent 10? guys with 1300-2000 troops each at us while we were in the middle of a big war with FIDLGB and Chaos. I will agree that it is a smart tactical move on your part in terms of sneak attacking an opponent who doesn't see you coming at a time when they are weakened, but I think some of us (Kesh especially) didn't expect that kind of thing from people we held in such high regard. That being said; it isn't the first time a clan we considered to be really good friends has planted a knife in our back; it didn't work out well for chaos in strat 2 and I don't expect it to go any better for you here.

Matey, atleast read what I have posted before replying. Calling it a sneak attack is hardly fitting, you were given 48 hours to get your armies/fiefs in order, you have active players, there is no excuse to not be ready for our attack. We even told you the places we were going to attack. Hardly "sneaky".

As for being a backstab, that implies we actually had some sort of agreement that said we were not going to attack you. We did not. Yes we were friendly and working together in the steppe. We made peace. You did not. The dynamic changed and now your our enemy. These things happen in games where there are multiple sides and everybody is trying to fulfill different goals. You did not expect a attack from us and you have no one to blame but yourselves. Example: Raven's have no NAP with Chaos but we are friendly because we now share a common enemy (FCC), am I prepared in the unlikely event that Chaos switches sides or just outright attacks us? Yes. This is a strategy game: never trust anyone whose broken agreements and never fully trust people whom you have no agreements with.

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #177 on: May 10, 2013, 08:39:11 am »
Matey, atleast read what I have posted before replying. Calling it a sneak attack is hardly fitting, you were given 48 hours to get your armies/fiefs in order, you have active players, there is no excuse to not be ready for our attack. We even told you the places we were going to attack. Hardly "sneaky".

As for being a backstab, that implies we actually had some sort of agreement that said we were not going to attack you. We did not. Yes we were friendly and working together in the steppe. We made peace. You did not. The dynamic changed and now your our enemy. These things happen in games where there are multiple sides and everybody is trying to fulfill different goals. You did not expect a attack from us and you have no one to blame but yourselves. Example: Raven's have no NAP with Chaos but we are friendly because we now share a common enemy (FCC), am I prepared in the unlikely event that Chaos switches sides or just outright attacks us? Yes. This is a strategy game: never trust anyone whose broken agreements and never fully trust people whom you have no agreements with.

I'm a trusting person; sue me. Also 48 hours to prepare for your 18k~ troops is better than nothing but really, it takes you 48 hours just to reach us and we saw em coming at about the same time you said they were; not that exciting. It was an opportunistic move and as I said it makes tactical sense, it just wasn't the kind of thing I or some others expected from you. Also in regards to your RP about Sargoth being your home... that is based on strat 3 when we gave you Ambean as a home so we could work together in some fashion? I don't know if you guys ended up taking it all over later when we left but I found it a little sad that your RP makes it sound like we are some meanie-heads who stole your land when really we set you up in it in strat 3 D:. Anyways, you guys keep saying to see things from your side and I get it, but it would be nice if you could acknowledge things from our side (or at least kesh's) as well. Is it really so hard to understand why some of us would be upset at your decision?

Offline Gristle

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BRD
  • Game nicks: Gristle_BRD
« Reply #178 on: May 10, 2013, 08:43:34 am »
+3
Talking about strategy? I'm not involved with strat these days, but I know it's bad strategy to attack someone with FCC's track record. I look forward to seeing the results of these battles.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #179 on: May 10, 2013, 09:06:28 am »
+4
Kesh you are gay
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.