Poll

Should the maul change be reversed?

Yes
57 (42.5%)
No
77 (57.5%)

Total Members Voted: 132

Author Topic: The maul change is retarded  (Read 5526 times)

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
Re: The maul change is retarded
« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2013, 08:35:27 pm »
name someone that is not a very good player, yet can top score because he/she has a maul

Anyone that has played this game for more than a full generation can make a STF with any full 2h spec with 21 or more str, get a great maul or mallet, log onto siege server, and top scoreboard doing nothing but overheads, you don't even have to block (just stand on top of a ladder, behind a door, or any other choke point). I tried it, and was topping the scoreboard nearly every round, and I had never even played a 2h character before.

I'm sure it's a different story on battle, but that's no consolation for those of us that only play siege. A few maulers show up, most of the server quits, then NA Siege is dead yet again. Happens too often.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #46 on: March 15, 2013, 09:01:28 pm »
Good, NA siege needs to die.  Come on over to the battle server, where the big boys (and all classes) are playing. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Sagar

• Earl
  • Renown: 463
  • Infamy: 279
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bogumili
  • Game nicks: Sagar
  • IRC nick: Sagar
« Reply #47 on: March 15, 2013, 09:03:48 pm »
+1
The only purpose of maul/mallet as a weapon is Crushthrough - it is the way how that weapon work.

Every nerf of this weapon is ridiculous, its like "lets remove throwing for Throwing Axe" - because there are some skilled throwers ?  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 10:47:52 pm by Sagar »

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2013, 09:05:12 pm »
damn double post....
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
« Reply #49 on: March 15, 2013, 09:15:14 pm »
+1
Good, NA siege needs to die.  Come on over to the battle server, where the big boys (and all classes) are playing.

I did come over to the battle server for like 20 minutes the other day (first time in at least 10 generations). Like 5 people on one team found some way to glitch outside of the map, so after the obligatory horse archer delay-fest, spent the rest of the time waiting for master of the field. Got to spend a total of about 30 seconds in actual melee combat. So I was reminded how awful battle was, and went back to under-populated siege, where it's pretty much nonstop actual fighting.

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #50 on: March 15, 2013, 09:19:41 pm »
+4
I did come over to the battle server for like 20 minutes the other day (first time in at least 10 generations). Like 5 people on one team found some way to glitch outside of the map, so after the obligatory horse archer delay-fest, spent the rest of the time waiting for master of the field. Got to spend a total of about 30 seconds in actual melee combat. So I was reminded how awful battle was, and went back to under-populated siege, where it's pretty much nonstop actual fighting.

PLaying the game is fun.  Seige is more fun because there is more playing of the game.

Offline ROHYPNOL

• Earl
  • Renown: 361
  • Infamy: 127
  • Poor Washing Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 16, 2013, 12:29:50 am »
The only purpose of maul/mallet as a weapon is Crushthrough - it is the way how that weapon work.

Every nerf of this weapon is ridiculous, its like "lets remove throwing for Throwing Axe" - because there are some skilled throwers ?  :rolleyes:

Wow someone that knows what they are talking about for once. Yet you still have not named one person. We are still talking about mauls and mallets, not barmaces or any other thing that you decided you want to bring up other than the two. How about this, since I know how to melee and you think they are "OP" we can go in duel server and you can use a great maul then we can see how many times you win with it. If you beat me 1 out of 10 times, then I will tell you it is "OP". Just because I beat people with mauls and mallet does not mean that they are "OP" it just means that clearly they do not know how to fight them very well. Guarantee  you won't ever see me lose to them 1 v 1. But I bet you I could in a 2 v 1. I know they are not the same as a poke stick, but just saying in general it is a support weapon. If people lose to my maul, it is because I am better than them, not because anything else. So don't go around saying I see you owning with them in strat when I own with everything in strat, doesn't really matter...

Does not matter, I will continue to use what I want and still win...
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 12:35:21 am by ROHYPNOL »
Quote from: Jeade
you're rough around the edges.
This is the reason people don't like you if anyone ever did.

Offline Commodore_Axephante

• Earl
  • Renown: 439
  • Infamy: 38
  • Jumping with my overheads since '04
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
  • Game nicks: Reidi_the_Unfettered
« Reply #52 on: March 16, 2013, 12:41:03 am »
...words...

I was with you until your post became "I AM THE GREATEST".

Lets not turn this thread into a debate about whether ROHYPNOL is a talented CRPG player. We've got bigger, or at least more meaningful, fish to fry.

Offline Spa_geh_tea

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 114
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bearded Vagrant
« Reply #53 on: March 16, 2013, 12:43:55 am »
+2
Wow someone that knows what they are talking about for once. Yet you still have not named one person. We are still talking about mauls and mallets, not barmaces or any other thing that you decided you want to bring up other than the two. How about this, since I know how to melee and you think they are "OP" we can go in duel server and you can use a great maul then we can see how many times you win with it. If you beat me 1 out of 10 times, then I will tell you it is "OP". Just because I beat people with mauls and mallet does not mean that they are "OP" it just means that clearly they do not know how to fight them very well. Guarantee  you won't ever see me lose to them 1 v 1. But I bet you I could in a 2 v 1. I know they are not the same as a poke stick, but just saying in general it is a support weapon. If people lose to my maul, it is because I am better than them, not because anything else. So don't go around saying I see you owning with them in strat when I own with everything in strat, doesn't really matter...

Rhop this isn't about just you. Although your 40+ kills to 10 deaths is impressive.

It's the fact in siege mauls are so effective that they reduce all other weapons to the level of wooden sticks vrs. Chainmail.

A maul can...1-3 shot armor greater than 60. Knockdown nearly every third swing. Crush through almost all blocks. And finally, fast enough to not be outswung if player cheats swings and can instantly block after swings or being kick stunned.

It's just a superior weapon in everyway when distance is not an issue.

Offline ROHYPNOL

• Earl
  • Poor Washing Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 16, 2013, 12:52:48 am »

Rhop this isn't about just you. Although your 40+ kills to 10 deaths is impressive.

It's the fact in siege mauls are so effective that they reduce all other weapons to the level of wooden sticks vrs. Chainmail.

A maul can...1-3 shot armor greater than 60. Knockdown nearly every third swing. Crush through almost all blocks. And finally, fast enough to not be outswung if player cheats swings and can instantly block after swings or being kick stunned.

It's just a superior weapon in everyway when distance is not an issue.

I know this is not about me, when someone throws my name in there expect me to back myself up...

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 16, 2013, 12:53:31 am »
+2
Rohypnol you're shit

Offline Spa_geh_tea

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 114
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bearded Vagrant
« Reply #56 on: March 16, 2013, 01:11:52 am »
I know this is not about me, when someone throws my name in there expect me to back myself up...

Because I don't care bout my forum rep. Also, I've known rhyop ever since we vendictivly charged eachother on horseback across a bridge knowing one of us was going to die. More rhyop than I ;)

Rhop is a strong player, although often chooses the cheapo/easykills/annoying as fuck, characters.

Offline ROHYPNOL

• Earl
  • Poor Washing Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 16, 2013, 03:32:11 am »
Because I don't care bout my forum rep. Also, I've known rhyop ever since we vendictivly charged eachother on horseback across a bridge knowing one of us was going to die. More rhyop than I ;)

Rhop is a strong player, although often chooses the cheapo/easykills/annoying as fuck, characters.

Yeah, whoever this is you are right.. what about mauls again? lol

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #58 on: March 16, 2013, 04:02:13 am »
My character can't lift a maul D: I could make a skip the fun and practice up a bit. I suppose it depends if you go with a hold S and swing lots with a long reach weapon or if you try to fight close in... would be interesting to try out. Though I never said anything like "any decent played can pick up a maul and instantly beat the shit out of anyone in a 1v1" my main complaint is maul effectiveness in strat, though they are also far better for 1v1 than they have any right to be and a skilled player could LEARN to be ridiculous with a maul without too much effort. Eh, forget learning the maul; I refuse to take the time to learn maul effectively because I think it is the most horrible thing in the game and have no interest in inflicting such lame deaths upon the peoples of cRPG, I feel dirty enough playing as crossbow this gen just for strat.

Offline ROHYPNOL

• Earl
  • Poor Washing Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 16, 2013, 04:40:10 am »
Just as I thought, you cannot use it yourself yet saying it is "OP" too funny. Go ahead get some practice then try to duel me with it, I think you will change your mind otherwise. Got all I needed to hear from you though, thanks.