Poll

Should the maul change be reversed?

Yes
57 (42.5%)
No
77 (57.5%)

Total Members Voted: 132

Author Topic: The maul change is retarded  (Read 5519 times)

Offline Konrax

• Count
  • Renown: 281
  • Infamy: 107
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Konrax of Chaos
Re: The maul change is retarded
« Reply #90 on: March 23, 2013, 11:20:41 pm »
As far as I know the crushthrough chance is much higher now if you time the attack properly.

Basically they made the weapon require skill to use its advantage other than just being a dumb ape.

Offline vipere

• Marshall
  • Renown: 793
  • Infamy: 73
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Lunasa
« Reply #91 on: March 24, 2013, 12:49:03 am »
As far as I know the crushthrough chance is much higher now if you time the attack properly.

proof of this ?

Basically they made the weapon require skill to use its advantage other than just being a dumb ape.

Are you trolling, seriously... it's not about skill to wait 1 second before attacking

As i said, Some of you are complaining about mauls without any experience with this weapon. And because of that, you want to ruin the fun of Others players

-LOL, MAULER KILLED ME, FUCK CRUSHTHROUGH, NERF, EASY MOD NO SKILL, LETS QQ TO DVLLPERS !!!!

0 maulers in EU1
0 maulers in EU4
like 1 or 2 maulers in EU2

but maul is op now...yeah...

Sorry for this QQ, but i don't like when my weapon become unplayable.

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 24, 2013, 05:28:57 am »
Mallet still seems fine; doesn't always crushthrough, but it didn't before either. Same goes for Long Maul. Can't speak for Maul/Great Maul.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline vipere

• Marshall
  • Renown: 793
  • Infamy: 73
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Lunasa
« Reply #93 on: March 24, 2013, 01:56:01 pm »
Stats are fine, it's just this delay of 1 second. As a mauler i just ask developpers to remove that, because it have no sense, and it break the gameplay of the maul.

Offline Herkkutatti666

• Duke
  • Renown: 585
  • Infamy: 285
  • cRPG Player
  • Rips pärs
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 24, 2013, 02:09:53 pm »
+3
mauls got long voulge'd
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #95 on: March 26, 2013, 05:33:02 am »
+3
So I retired recently and only have 12 str. I was also using an italian sword with no shield. Frug was using a long maul. Not a single one of his overheads crushed through.

Good job devs.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline ROHYPNOL

• Earl
  • Renown: 361
  • Infamy: 127
  • Poor Washing Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 26, 2013, 06:17:54 pm »
+2
Haha as others have said on this topic, there are always going to be complainers about everything, simply because they cannot beat it so they automatically think it is OP. I like to tell all those people to stop crying and bitching to the devs and ruining the diversity of the game, which you did yet with another item.

Also checking now this thread has been voted 40.8% to revert the change meaning, probably about 35% or so people who voted to get it reverted are not maulers and know how to counter them. The other half needs to really learn how to melee before bitching about one easy weapon to beat.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 06:22:46 pm by ROHYPNOL »
Quote from: Jeade
you're rough around the edges.
This is the reason people don't like you if anyone ever did.

Offline Konrax

• Count
  • Renown: 281
  • Infamy: 107
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Konrax of Chaos
« Reply #97 on: March 26, 2013, 09:21:49 pm »
So I retired recently and only have 12 str. I was also using an italian sword with no shield. Frug was using a long maul. Not a single one of his overheads crushed through.

Good job devs.

The chrush through chance is very low if you swing immediately, its much much higher if you hold it for 1 second.

So now instead of just doing overhand swing over and over again (like a famous ape I alluded too earlier) you now need to swing once, then block, then hold an overhand to really use it effectively.

The idea is that after you block, your enemy will try to block the overhead but then realize your are prepping for a CT, if they release the guard to swing, then just hit them anyways.

If they hold the block, feel free to CT them in the face.

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
« Reply #98 on: March 26, 2013, 09:33:18 pm »
The change probably didn't affect the skilled maulers; they can still set up crushthroughs by hiding behind teammates/terrain, executing held overheads while their opponent is block stunned, etc. It's just the mindless Donkey Kongs that might have trouble adjusting.

Maulers are exactly like pikemen now; devastating if you ignore them, but not a significant threat in 1v1. Besides, you can still take a Mallet and a Longsword and be prepared for every situation, or Great Maul+Langes.

Offline Shaksie

• Count
  • Renown: 195
  • Infamy: 115
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Double Thickshake
« Reply #99 on: March 26, 2013, 10:35:10 pm »
Agreed.
I've always felt that crushthrough needs to be better; it was already hard to achieve beforehand (almost anyone can outspam an overhead) unless you did a sideswing and then feinted and did an overhead. I must say though, that was very overpowered. There was literally nothing they could do to stop it. Which I'm assuming was the dev's intention.
I feel that a Maul should be a definitive primary weapon, there should be almost no need to carry a weapon which is not completely horrid to duel with.
Buff mauls!
VERY nice boy :)