Author Topic: Paramerion is OP  (Read 6820 times)

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Paramerion is OP
« on: March 05, 2013, 11:40:26 am »
+25
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Paramerion has:
+1 length
+1 speed
+2 pierce
- 2665 cost

-1 difficulty
+ 0.1 weight

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Paramerion is OP
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 01:10:07 pm »
REposting :

Either make it's price 9-10k  And / OR (8-9k then) decrease the speed by -1 , like i posted in the patch topic =).  Can also drop the pierce damage by 1 i suppose , but i'd keep the price within 7-9k then. Oh and yeah being a longer 1hander it can definitely be 13+ difficulty .

Offline Abay

• Count
  • Renown: 267
  • Infamy: 183
  • cRPG Player
  • Steam: badbreaking
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kapikulu
  • Game nicks: Kapikulu_Abay
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2013, 01:11:50 pm »
+9
I think we must discuss long espada's sad story first  :lol:
[17:48] <Vovka> thx chadz

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2013, 01:19:19 pm »
Can someone say what is wrong with long espada? What is changed in patch about it?
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2013, 01:55:04 pm »
+1
Can someone say what is wrong with long espada? What is changed in patch about it?

Nothing and that's the problem  :wink:

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2013, 03:02:15 pm »
They must have intended the Paramerion to have 30 cut, and just made a database mistake or something. As it stands, it makes the other 1-slot 1h swords obsolete.

Offline Ujin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2013, 03:07:51 pm »
They must have intended the Paramerion to have 30 cut, and just made a database mistake or something. As it stands, it makes the other 1-slot 1h swords obsolete.
30 cut ? lol Come on, no need to render it useless now. The cav sword has more cut than nordic loomed (36), there's no problem with  Para having same cut as nordic as long as they just nerf the speed and /or pierce + add price + difficulty.

Offline Phew

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2013, 03:25:28 pm »
30 cut ? lol Come on, no need to render it useless now. The cav sword has more cut than nordic loomed (36), there's no problem with  Para having same cut as nordic as long as they just nerf the speed and /or pierce + add price + difficulty.

With 30 cut it's balanced against the Italian, which until this patch was the most valuable 1h on market. It would trade 2 pierce and 1 speed for 5 reach, which is in line with other swords. Or they could also cut the speed to 96, which would make it somewhat balanced against the Arabian Cav (trade 1 cut and 2 reach for 4 thrust and 1 speed). Right now, it's broken though.

Offline Ujin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2013, 03:28:06 pm »
+2
Of course it is right now, i agree. I just think it should keep the cut to be on par with the best swords out there, in exchange for -1 or 2 speed. Should be 1k+ more expensive too if they only nerf the speed though.

I'd do either -1 pierce and -1 speed  , increase in diff  and + ~1k in price (or keep it)

Or

- 1 speed, increase in diff and + 2K and more in price

Offline Felix_Iron

• Knight
  • Renown: 27
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sword Brothers
  • Game nicks: SB_Felix_Iron
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2013, 03:32:42 pm »
- 1 speed, increase in diff and + 2K and more in price
or +5K or 6K. just dont tuch dmg  :D

Offline Ujin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2013, 03:33:22 pm »
I don't mind. I'm already overpaying for my cata just for roleplay style reasons. Your sarcasm sucks btw.

Offline Phew

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2013, 03:37:52 pm »
+1
Ok. sorry. I'm quit

Price doesn't even factor into decisions for anyone that has been playing over a year; you can sell 1 loom point and finance upkeep on whatever gear you want. All a high price does it make the item inaccessible to new players.

The game is no fun when one item in a given type is vastly superior to all others. Remember like 2 years ago, when every single shielder was Side Sword+Huscarl? Soon it will be like that, but Paramerion+Hand Pavise.

Offline Ujin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2013, 03:39:21 pm »
Price doesn't even factor into decisions for anyone that has been playing over a year; you can sell 1 loom point and finance upkeep on whatever gear you want. All a high price does it make the item inaccessible to new players.

The game is no fun when one item in a given type is vastly superior to all others. Remember like 2 years ago, when every single shielder was Side Sword+Huscarl? Soon it will be like that, but Paramerion+Hand Pavise.
Bullshit, i play for over 2 years, have 40k and pay 3k upkeep just for my cata, if i max all my items i can lose over 7k in one round. 

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2013, 03:41:32 pm »
+3
REposting :

Either make it's price 9-10k  And / OR (8-9k then) decrease the speed by -1 , like i posted in the patch topic =).  Can also drop the pierce damage by 1 i suppose , but i'd keep the price within 7-9k then. Oh and yeah being a longer 1hander it can definitely be 13+ difficulty .
So what you're suggesting is having it be slightly overpowered instead of quite a bit overpowered? Yeah, if they're gonna change it they should just balance it, not make it slightly amazing or really amazing.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Phew

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2013, 03:45:37 pm »
Bullshit, i play for over 2 years, have 40k and pay 3k upkeep just for my cata, if i max all my items i can lose over 7k in one round.

Cav is a different story, upkeep-wise. I have always picked my 1h+shield+throwing gear without regard for cost, and I have always steadily made money. I'd say 75%+ of the player base would pay 2x the upkeep for a weapon with clearly overpowered stats.