Author Topic: Paramerion is OP  (Read 6793 times)

Offline TurmoilTom

• King
  • Renown: 1089
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Doesn't really play that much anymore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
Re: Paramerion is OP
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2013, 04:47:33 pm »
+1
k, upkeep doesn't really mean shit imo.

Then the Simple Sword should be buffed to similar stats of the Italian Sword.

It's clearly inferior in every way except for upkeep.

Which doesn't mean shit.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2013, 04:48:23 pm »
Then the Simple Sword should be buffed to similar stats of the Italian Sword.

It's clearly inferior in every way except for upkeep.

Which doesn't mean shit.

I agree, the simple sword should be buffed.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline TurmoilTom

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2013, 04:50:39 pm »
+3
I agree, the simple sword should be buffed.

Then, after it gets buffed, everyone will use it instead of the Italian Sword because it's cheaper.

Then people will cry about how the higher tier one-handers aren't being used due to upkeep costs compared to the Simple Sword and the Simple Sword will be given a higher price.

This applies to any item in the game. Like I said earlier, if you really think this way then the ideal is that all items in the game have same cost and only stat differences.

EDIT: Made my statement more clear.

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2013, 05:08:09 pm »
How about :

96 speed , same dmg , + 1-2k  in price ?

That would be balanced with the Arabian Cavalry, so sounds good to me.

Offline TurmoilTom

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2013, 05:09:02 pm »
How about :

Yeah I can live with that.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 05:12:06 pm by TurmoilTom »

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2013, 05:09:45 pm »
How about :

If it got -1 pierce I'd be fine with that.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2013, 05:27:56 pm »
If it got -1 pierce I'd be fine with that.

22 pierce, 23 pierce...even 25 pierce after loom...it's a glance or whiff followed by death either way. 1h thrust is so damn awful (maybe it's better on EU 1 with the turn speed changes).

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2013, 09:27:22 pm »
+1
Buff all other 1h weapons.

Edit: except the elite scimi and steel pick... Just delete those.

Offline Tayzzer

• Knight
  • Renown: 28
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
  • What?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC
  • Game nicks: Zaylo_Unicorns, Zeyro_AoW, Talony_Vanguard_Of_AoW
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2013, 11:34:41 pm »
+1
Looks to me like this weapon should be the Long Espada for people who want cut damage instead of stab.

Increasing price to 10k; dropping 1p from stab (and maybe also 1 speed) should make it balanced.

This does not make any sense. the Long Espada has very close damage between cut and pierce its also very fast. So the only its only like a Long Espada because its 103 length and 12 str.

Not to mention if you did put the price tag at 10k and dropped one pierce and one speed then you have a sword that is 1 length longer, 1 more pierce, and 1 less weight required than the NCS for only 50 more gold in upkeep seems redundant.

Offline TurmoilTom

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2013, 03:53:59 am »
This does not make any sense. the Long Espada has very close damage between cut and pierce its also very fast.

I'm not talking about the numbers themselves. I'm talking about the numbers in comparison to the other one-handed swords. Look at the Italian Sword, Nordic swords, Arming swords, etc. The LEE has more pierce and less cut. That's why I said it's based around stabbing. Also, 99 speed comes pretty standard for a large deal of one-handed swords. It's not exceptionally fast.

So the only its only like a Long Espada because its 103 length and 12 str.

It's like the LEE in that it has long (and exactly the same) length, similar weight, same difficulty, similar speed. The main difference is that it trades off 5p on thrust for 5c on swing.

Not to mention if you did put the price tag at 10k and dropped one pierce and one speed then you have a sword that is 1 length longer, 1 more pierce, and 1 less weight required than the NCS for only 50 more gold in upkeep seems redundant.

The Waki is 6k more expensive than the Short Falchion and is very arguably not worth it for the price even to the point of being inferior to the short falchion. This mod has its share of redundancies already. Whatever.

1 Length isn't much of anything. It wouldn't even enter my mind as a consideration to not use a weapon because it has 1 less length than I want. Weight is a double edged sword in that lighter weight lets you move around more quickly but heavier weight reduces the chance of being block-stunned. Neither higher nor lower weight is inherently better. It's a matter of preference. I can understand the 1 pierce, though, but is 1 point of damage on a shitty stab animation that everyone knows is a death trap really worth more than 50 gold? I wouldn't think so, honestly.

It might make sense to bump it up to 10.5k or 11k for having 12 difficulty though.

Either way I'm in favor of these stats:

How about :

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2013, 08:31:22 am »
I see 3 ways of balancing it , each a bit different :

1) -2 speed, + 1-2 k price. Makes it the second best cavalry sword after Arabian Cav.

2) -1 speed, -1 cut +1-2k in price. Weapon will be in between nordic champ and knightly arming.

3) keep the speed, -2 cut , - 1 pierce , +1k in price.  Would be a mediocre damage elite scimi upgrade with decent stab. Kind of a meh option tbh.

3.2) keep the speed,  -1 cut, -2 pierce , +1-2k in price . Same as above, just less pierce instead of cut

# 1 is still my personal preference, i'd say, or #2.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 09:14:52 am by Ujin »

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2013, 10:36:31 am »
+1
I see 3 ways of balancing it , each a bit different :

1) -2 speed, + 1-2 k price. Makes it the second best cavalry sword after Arabian Cav.

2) -1 speed, -1 cut +1-2k in price. Weapon will be in between nordic champ and knightly arming.

3) keep the speed, -2 cut , - 1 pierce , +1k in price.  Would be a mediocre damage elite scimi upgrade with decent stab. Kind of a meh option tbh.

3.2) keep the speed,  -1 cut, -2 pierce , +1-2k in price . Same as above, just less pierce instead of cut

# 1 is still my personal preference, i'd say, or #2.

4) keep it the same and buff some of the other 1handers to be more in line with the Paramerion.

Offline Neggaz

• Baron
  • Renown: 85
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2013, 08:49:54 pm »
i say -2 speed and +3k

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2013, 09:03:16 pm »
Spahtion is a copy of Knightly arming sword, weighting 0.1 more, so Paramerion could be a copy of Nordic champ sword, with 1 more length, 0.1 more weight and 1 less pierce - point of the Paramerion doesn't look especially sharp :P

Nordic Champion's Sword
(click to show/hide)

current Paramerion
(click to show/hide)

new Paramerion
(click to show/hide)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2013, 09:49:36 pm »
Spahtion is a copy of Knightly arming sword, weighting 0.1 more, so Paramerion could be a copy of Nordic champ sword, with 1 more length, 0.1 more weight and 1 less pierce - point of the Paramerion doesn't look especially sharp :P

Nordic Champion's Sword
(click to show/hide)

current Paramerion
(click to show/hide)

new Paramerion
(click to show/hide)
It just has lesser pierce than nordic champion. 1 length is not making difference at all. I would simply use nordic champ instead.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D