Author Topic: Holy ground FCC Declares war on LL  (Read 5767 times)

Offline Gmnotutoo

• King
  • Renown: 1387
  • Infamy: 229
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Space Pope of BIRD CLAN
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns
  • Game nicks: Gmnotutoo
Re: Holy ground FCC Declares war on LL
« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2013, 10:00:42 pm »
+2
Rikthor there's something special about your damn avatar...

He's an adorable historian corgi.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

THIS IS A MANLY CLAN. FOR MANLY MEN. DOING MANLY THINGS.

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
« Reply #46 on: March 05, 2013, 10:12:36 pm »
+3
Tanken I know you are saying they were moving 10K goods a week or more - but this is my question if they were doing that much - where were they getting the trade goods?  Who would let them steal 10K goods like that from their fiefs - all our free trade fiefs and the other free trade fiefs in the snow combined couldn't handle that much (assuming the other 20-30 people using them didnt take any) and would be 25% taxed, plus going to all those various fiefs would take more than a week each time just to circulate around let alone get over to exchange with eu and then have to run around and find 10K S&D to sell (steal) in.  Where are they supposedly get access get to tens of thousands of S&D without getting attacked every other day?  Who supposedly financed 10K S&D a week in trade and for what purpose?

The fact that LL was able to freely attack people in Hospitaller lands and be not attacked by them is  a pretty strong sign of where they are aligned (not to mention more than half of them show up for every fight agaisnt us and the the other people hospitaller is making war with).  Waiting for them to strike at a bad random moment like astralis the other hospitaller vassal did to fimbrulvetyr doesn't seem that great an idea and allowing them a nice foothold for supporting hospitaller aggression near our lands is also not something to be desired.  Also, I said 8 million not 12.

Honestly, I probably over-exaggerated the number of goods that were moved around in a week. It was most likely closer to 3-5k. Bulugur (while I had it) had a prosperity of +740 each day, and we met with Wolves in FPF territory every 10-14 days. That was the deal, and each time we would do it we'd gather anywhere from 400-800k. Do the math, it adds up quickly. The armies, as Flowers explained, were not anywhere near 12 million but I'm done defending this cause. It doesn't affect me either way, I just think that everyone at least needs to tip their hat to LL because they were small, and were forced to "restart" this strategus and they did it right. It's awesome, seeing them work that hard made me at times feel like it's a better idea in future strats to start very small and branch out from there, so good job Flowers, Slim, Doom, and Greatsage. You guys have done what larger factions have deemed incomprehensible.
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #47 on: March 05, 2013, 10:22:57 pm »
+3
I think big factions are not nearly as big as people think. Lots of members in the faction doesn't mean lots of active traders nor does it mean lots of recruiters. It usually just means lots of inactives. A faction of ten active recruiters/traders can do as much as a clan of 50 that has 40 in actives. I guess my main point is that it is harder to accurately estimate the abilities of larger clans which in turn makes it harder to predict smaller groups. If a large faction produces x troops and x money in a week then most would assume that a clan with only 20% as many players would produce only 20% of the troops and gold of the bigger group, but that isn't how it works when so many are inactive.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 10:26:25 pm by Matey »

Offline SHinOCk

• Earl
  • Renown: 369
  • Infamy: 58
  • Is that all you've got!?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 1%
  • Game nicks: Occitan_SHinOCk, Occitan_Baz, Derp_In_A_Can, Disease_Infested_Cum_Bucket, The_Long_Dick_Of_The_Law
  • IRC nick: SHinOCk
« Reply #48 on: March 05, 2013, 10:25:18 pm »
+1
I think big factions are not nearly as big as people think. Lots of members in the faction doesn't mean lots of active traders nor does it mean lots of recruiters. It usually just means lots of inactives. A faction of ten active recruiters/traders can do as much as a clan of 50 that has 40 in actives. I guess my main point is that it is harder to accurately estimate the abilities of larger clans.

I like to think that most factions has at least half their members active enough to hoard troops and do other stuff.
While you burn at the stake, i dance with the flames

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #49 on: March 05, 2013, 10:33:04 pm »
I like to think that most factions has at least half their members active enough to hoard troops and do other stuff.

hahahaha, I wish, try more like 1/4th with any strat ticks.  Our members get bored with this game faster than most other clans, probably why we are the most aggressive.  i think the average renown is nearing 1 million for our faction.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline SHinOCk

• Earl
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Occitan_SHinOCk, Occitan_Baz, Derp_In_A_Can, Disease_Infested_Cum_Bucket, The_Long_Dick_Of_The_Law
« Reply #50 on: March 05, 2013, 10:38:00 pm »
hahahaha, I wish, try more like 1/4th with any strat ticks.  Our members get bored with this game faster than most other clans, probably why we are the most aggressive.  i think the average renown is nearing 1 million for our faction.

So you're telling me the ton of troops you have magically appeared in your fiefs? Can you tell me your trick Mr. magician

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #51 on: March 05, 2013, 10:42:02 pm »
+1
So you're telling me the ton of troops you have magically appeared in your fiefs? Can you tell me your trick Mr. magician

Kesh is 16 year old Japanese girl remember? She has plenty of "tricks".
Anyone who needs more detail can contact her "manager" bale to discuss how many troops it will cost for kesh to explain in more detail.

Offline arowaine

• Duke
  • Renown: 614
  • Infamy: 159
    • View Profile
    • http://occitanclan.webs.com/
  • Faction: Occitan
  • Game nicks: Occitan_Arowaine
  • IRC nick: arowaine
« Reply #52 on: March 05, 2013, 11:21:12 pm »

average faction renown is 2.5 million lol look like we have been more agressive and active then you :)
Desire: pls smite FCC 2.0 T.T

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #53 on: March 06, 2013, 12:12:14 am »
+1
Kesh is 16 year old Japanese girl remember? She has plenty of "tricks".
Anyone who needs more detail can contact her "manager" bale to discuss how many troops it will cost for kesh to explain in more detail.

This is true i pulled many favors for these troops - for Anders, and multiple other factions, both in gold and a little *wink* *wink*
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Kelugarn

• Marshall
  • Renown: 936
  • Infamy: 79
  • #̪͎̳̭̰͓͙ͯ͗̇͘ͅͅ1̢ͨ̈̆̓ͮ͐̌͏̪̦͓̣ ̽̇ͫ҉̸͕̻͙͖̮̹ͅN̡̥̭͖͙ͮ͊͡
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
  • Game nicks: Froyo The Wizard
  • IRC nick: #FreeArys2012
« Reply #54 on: March 06, 2013, 01:55:53 am »
+6
(click to show/hide)
I don't know what to believe anymore...
Who am I? WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOORR?!

Offline partyboy

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
  • BRING BACK LADDERS
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GODQUEEN_PARTYGIRL_OF_BIRD
« Reply #55 on: March 06, 2013, 02:20:19 am »
+5
I still get a kick out of people typing BIRD CLAN like a legitimate thing so really I feel I've come out pretty far ahead b/c of all that stuff.

Well we did attack BIRD with no real reasons but to expand around WeyyCOCK and have a foothold in NA which is basically preying on a smaller clan but yeah ever since then we've been up against much bigger guys than us

It's posts like this that makes me glad that we fell to Occitan.  The frankness that you guys display when dealing with everyone else in a cesspool of shit talking and propaganda.  A+, would die to you guys again =]
Subject displays signs of antisocial behaviour

Offline SHinOCk

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 06, 2013, 03:02:24 am »
I still get a kick out of people typing BIRD CLAN like a legitimate thing so really I feel I've come out pretty far ahead b/c of all that stuff.

It's posts like this that makes me glad that we fell to Occitan.  The frankness that you guys display when dealing with everyone else in a cesspool of shit talking and propaganda.  A+, would die to you guys again =]

Were done killing beautiful and peaceful birds, I'm happy you could relocate your flock somewhere, long live BIRD CLAN!

Offline partyboy

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
  • BRING BACK LADDERS
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GODQUEEN_PARTYGIRL_OF_BIRD
« Reply #57 on: March 06, 2013, 03:11:49 am »
Were done killing beautiful and peaceful birds, I'm happy you could relocate your flock somewhere, long live BIRD CLAN!

Wanna sell me a fief down there?  I'm always looking for more.

edit:  ooo, actually, things are looking pretty blue down there :(
Subject displays signs of antisocial behaviour

Offline SHinOCk

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 06, 2013, 03:23:28 am »
+2
Wanna sell me a fief down there?  I'm always looking for more.

edit:  ooo, actually, things are looking pretty blue down there :(

Lol yeah Its not such a good spot for peaceful trading  down there just yet, I'm surprised the sand didn't turn red on the strat map yet after all the blood that's been shed so far. We will see what the future holds!

Offline lcrispyl

• Knight
  • Renown: 40
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Crispy
  • IRC nick: ALLLLL DAYYYYY!!!
« Reply #59 on: March 06, 2013, 08:12:03 pm »
+5
This doesn't suprise me at all tbh, looking forward to the battles to come and the xp to be had!!!! Lost Legion! Brothers of the sword, I rather fight beside you than any army of thousands! Let no man forget how menacing we are! We are Lions!