Author Topic: Dear chadz and the Item Team  (Read 15102 times)

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Dear chadz and the Item Team
« on: February 25, 2013, 03:28:23 pm »
+115
I'm only gonna express MY thoughts here, but if anyone else feels the same or wants to add his 2 cents, go ahead.

Dear chadz and the Item team,
Stop treating us like shit, please.

Now that you have another thing going for you (wink wink), i think it'd be nice if you could spend a couple of minutes , read this , and possibly even reply.

We all are your loyal supporters. Pretty much everyone who still plays this mod is your loyal supporter. That's the playerbase you'll have to rely on many times in the days to come and i'm sure you know it. I could point this out more frequently and explicitly in this topic but certain agreements restrict me from it, so i only do this once.

Some of us are more vocal than others, some may support you more actively, but we still are one group of people who share similar interests and admire your work. We all are interested in seeing your Projects get better and expand in various ways.

I'm getting to the point, don't worry.

You have extremely talented and active coders on your team, including yourself. You have enthusiastic people with great (most of the time at least) ideas. You aren't afraid to experiment and try out new things. You as a team also have your own unique way of communicating with your players and i personally can respect that too, after all we haven't paid a cent for this game, except for some individuals who donated.

Crpg has many unique things that made it such a popular mod , including this one - ITEM VARIETY . Eventually it went from just quantity to quantity AND quality, but it took quite some time.

Why ? Well let's figure it out together shall we ?

You don't have any modellers or texturers on your cRPG team. In order to add new items to your mod's arsenal , you had to rely on either OSP packs from independent artists or  enthusiasts from your own community to make them. And BY GOD this is a long history of treating your most loyal fans, the ones that actually moved a finger to help you get your mod better, like crap.

I remember back in the days when the Shogunate still existed, we still had the native pink strange armors in the mod. Holy hell that looked horrible didn't it ? And guess what, if not for the community, we'd still have a gazillion of crappy items in the game with a few exceptions here and there that came out of OSP packs.

Every time the community creates something for you, getting it in the game is like driving a shopping cart through a Russian swamp. Now i wouldn't feel i had the right to make these kind of statements if the issue was some random obnoxious crap that players randomly make and than demand being put in the game. I don't in any way support this kind of way of working with the CRPG team.

In the last couple of years i've personally dealt with and watched others communicate with the CRPG Team. Without a doubt, most of the times it looked more like human torture than  two civilized  groups discussing things.

For those of you not in the know , the process of adding your new items in the game that has the most chances to succeed usually looks like this (spoilered to save some space) :

(click to show/hide)

Now, seems alright on paper, doesn't it ?  It's ok , except for the fact that every single time there are numerous obstacles . In short, i'd name it the Dev Apathy Syndrome.

I could start pointing fingers at certain dev team members , but i don't  want to . First , i'm done trying to figure out how your damn item adding system works, you tell us. Second, it's called a team for a reason, i don't think one person should take all the blame.

So to conclude - dear Crpg Dev Team, here are  a couple of questions i'd really like to see you answer :

- Why does it take you months to add items brought to you on a silver plate, tested, polished, formatted AND , most importantly - approved by your item team ?

- Why is it almost every time these new items get added you manage to mess something up and than it takes you another couple of months to fix it (latest e.g. zitta bascinet, the horrible glitch on the chinese armor) ? All this while your coders do a tremendous job of making the game better, doing small upgrades almost every day.

- Why are you so apathetic about adding new QUALITY armors to the game, even when they are made by or for your most loyal supporters - your playerbase ?

- Why do you refuse to state at least an approximate date when the items get in the game , even though your item team representative clearly said they WILL get to the game? Do you realize that the process of making these new items can not only cost money for your players, but also a lot of energy and time. No offense, but possibly more energy and time your entire item team can spend on the mod in a couple of months.

- Do you even want your players to help you and bring new items for the mod ?

These are my questions. I believe they are simple enough and many people who have previously approached you on similar matters can relate to these questions.  The frustration is growing. 
It's pointless to hide it now, i personally paid for the last item commission , but it's not even about that. Me and Zimke literally worked day and night on some of those items , with both enthusiasm and joy. When Zimke was finally done with the commission i think he had like a 2 day nap.
 And i'm sure it was the same for the many other times players were working on new items for the mod. It's just every single time their enthusiasm hits this brick wall of dev Apathy and, if you ask me, it's disrespectful. One of the most disrespectful things you can do to a person is ignore his hard work, especially when it's made FOR you.

To conclude - i don't want a 24/7 community manager to lick our asses. I don't want every stupid new item suggestion to be approved so we get a billion retarded low quality items in the game. I just want good work that is brought to you to be appreciated. If 3 months ago when me and Zimke started making the new items i approached the devs and asked when the items get in and they would've replied "in 3-5 months", would we still make the items ? It's a long wait , but yes, we would. 
 But if back then i knew that  we'd have to rush it cause Shik said "it'd possibly get in in the nearest December patch " ( thanks for that btw, i felt like a retard on the day of that "patch") and than we'd be in the dark for the next 3 months  ..... nah, probably not. I hope you can get the difference. It's all in the attitude.
I can't imagine what other players who's got their projects that are still not in done earlier feel..

All i'm asking you to do is read this and just think about it. This is not a rage post, rather a frustration post. I just want you to understand this frustration that possibly many other players may feel too.

Regards,

Ujin.

P.S. deja vu tells me i've made a similar long post a while ago... the irony.

« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 03:39:56 pm by Ujin »

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Dear chadz and the Item Team
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 03:51:14 pm »
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 995
  • Infamy: 483
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 03:59:22 pm »
''attitude''
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Blueberry Muffin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 749
  • Infamy: 119
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2013, 04:16:47 pm »
+1
You're asking for a guy to do all the boring little detailed jobs, it is indeed very important because its the little details in life that have the greatest impact in my experience. Problem with boring little details is that they are incredibly.... well.. boring and tedious.. Why bother updating armours and making changelogs when you have bigger things to look it.

Its a long standing problem I have had with the devs also, they dont actively play the game they have created, so you can imagine how the little details seem insignificant compared to the bigger picture.

So yeah, you need an active crpg player who knows all classes, and can do small things to smooth the rough edges of the mod.
Lizard_Man: Fuck all that! Rather buy me 4 cans of Stella..
Cymro: Wife beater stella
Lizard_Man: It'll get ya drunk! You'll be fucking fat girls in no time! You might even fight a nigga or two! Mmmm-mmm, bitch!

Offline BADPLAYER_old2

• Earl
  • Renown: 360
  • Infamy: 235
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Not a Bad player
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2013, 04:18:50 pm »
+2
From what I know, the items have already been "accepted" and the stats made up for a long time now, it's just up to chadz to implement them in the next patch though since he is the only person who can release full patches.

Offline Umbra

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, Freak Army of Gnjus
  • Game nicks: Umbra
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2013, 04:45:02 pm »
+2
Fuck, read it fully now. Agree
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 04:49:06 pm by Umbra »

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2013, 04:45:49 pm »
+1
Ujin made excellent point +1 his post to support idea!
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2013, 04:47:42 pm »
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Zimke Zlovoljni

• Earl
  • Renown: 347
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
  • Accelerate ze protons! ಠಠ
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2013, 06:08:02 pm »
+14

i think he had like a 2 day nap.

That was quite a nap, lol, haven't been sleeping properly that month at all.

EDIT, my 2 cents:
Almost forgot, I re-checked the Textures folder for wrong format textures,people do tend to save textures in dxt3 or dxt5 instead of dxt1, on places where no other format is needed, because of lack of additional software or propper settings, in order to reduce pixelation and....bunch of other technical terms, anyways, did found some textures that slipped away, or I was too tired to convert them last time, it saves some space for textures, so here they are (just put them in cRPG->Textures folder):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lxpm7bdcsbq6klw/reformated%20textures.rar

and the original textures backup:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/a6zu0dmwlqp5h58/original%20textures.rar

« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 08:24:23 pm by Zimke Zlovoljni »

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
  • Renown: 983
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • If you run, you will only die tired...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2013, 06:51:40 pm »
+3
Patience and trust guys, seriously. Keep calm and carry on. Crpg dev team - best team. Be patient. It's a long time to december so you have to relax and let it be as it is. They haven't killed the mod yet and for sure they aren't going to do it.

Skyrim UI

Offline Alexander_TheGreat_

• Count
  • Renown: 258
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
  • Please, its just a Phase in my life
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar(F)union
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2013, 06:59:02 pm »
Wauw...i really read the whole thread...and it was so long...the reason must be because im banned from cRPG :c (god damit - FU GRUMPHY)
Beside +1 :D
I never join a clan twice, I am the most loyal player ever
I am asian I am strong
I am a Kalmar for these 2 weeks
I am cute, I am sexy
I am Phase!

Offline Aethelwolf

• Baron
  • Renown: 84
  • Infamy: 8
  • Mercenaries
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Aethelwolf
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2013, 07:00:15 pm »
Indeed. I have to say that crpg devs have made a lot of things for us players since the start of crpg. And they are not even payed for it (only by donations). But on the other hand the devs shouldn't rest on one's laurels. By this I'm not saying that they do nothing,  I know they are working on crpg...It would be just awesome if they communicated with the player base more and do some things that can be realised to give the game a new cape, which would maybe lure new players to play crpg :) Keep up the good work anyway, I know you didn't give up on this mod  :wink:
Aethelwolf, son of Uhtred, rightful owner of the Bebbanburg castle

Offline Count_Curtis

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player
  • There's no cure for being a cunt
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Captain_Ludd / Curtis
  • IRC nick: Curtis
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2013, 07:03:05 pm »
But its a case of a tonne of free content, and just saying "nah, we'l pass"

its pretty much "Here, we made armors for you to add, for free, we even payed to have them made" and they just say "Nah, its k thanks"

Offline Uther Pendragon

• King
  • Renown: 1253
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • EX Head of EU and NA admin teams
    • View Profile
    • Strategus Guide
  • Faction: Stromgarde
  • Game nicks: Uthyr Pendraeg, Uthyr, mr fucking dtv hero admin, Stromgarde_Uthyr_Pendraeg
  • IRC nick: Something along those lines above
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2013, 07:03:59 pm »
+3
The entire item-adding butthurt would be resolved if only someone could tell us how adding items works/what needs to be done, how much time it usually takes etc., so we won't sound "ignorant" when talking about it :)

But still, I have a feeling they will take their time before anwsering in this thread :lol:
Nemo prudens punit, quia peccatum est, sed ne peccetur.
I (used to) manage character issues, reverting, restoring and fixing related mistakes and some other stuff. Feel free to message if you encounter a problem.
He's not the hero DTV deserves but he's the one they need.

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2013, 07:04:38 pm »
Why did they need 12 whole months to simply add a couple of new admins to the most played mode in the mod?

It's sekrit.