Author Topic: Dear chadz and the Item Team  (Read 14612 times)

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Dear chadz and the Item Team
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2013, 07:10:53 pm »
+2
Patience and trust guys, seriously. Keep calm and carry on. Crpg dev team - best team. Be patient. It's a long time to december so you have to relax and let it be as it is. They haven't killed the mod yet and for sure they aren't going to do it.
What they are gradually killing is the community's willingness to support them in any other way aside from verbal (like you just did).

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2013, 07:18:14 pm »
+16
  • Understaffed (Everything is a "high priority" so things tend to slide instead of being rotated through cleanly).
  • Lack of PR personnel (In the Real World, we NEVER let the majority of our brilliant coders and Engineers speak to the open public because they are, to be perfectly blunt, fucking idiots when it comes to PR who don't understand the subtleties required when speaking to the public).
  • Loss of interest (Some devs don't even play anymore).
Those would be my top three reasons.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2013, 07:20:04 pm »
+8
It is really mindboggling how a team of developers without any in house modellers or textures manage to assume such an elitist attitude when addressing community members which deliver them high quality and unique items for free, we all know how important these items are for this mod in particular. The correct attitude should be to humbly thank them for their amazing contribution to the mod. Shamefur dispray, honestly indecent.

Can at least a developer give a final answer whether the item commissions of Ujin and Fallen are going to be implemented or not. A simple yes or no should be doable. Here's hoping that dev-community interaction will be a lot better in future projects, because this is not working.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2013, 07:22:05 pm »
+5
It is really mindboggling how a team of devlopers without any in house modellers or textures manage to assume such an elitist attitude when addressing community members which deliver them high quality and unique items for free, we all know how important these items are for this mod in particular. The correct attitude should be to humbly thank them for their amazing contribution to the mod. Shamefur dispray, honestly indecent.

Can at least a developer give a final answer whether the item commissions of Ujin and Fallen are going to be implemented or not. A simple yes or no should be doable.

The problem is that the devs we have come from an indi background and not a corporate one, so you are not going to have the same training when dealing with the public, and multiple other problems that arise from the same lack of training. Case in point, we have a lot of great people for coding, but not a single one of the devs is worth a damn when it comes to PR and Technical Communication skills.

Look at all the incidents that arise, the public acts like rabble, and that is normal, but the Management (Our dear devs) due to lacking the expertise and background for dealing with such occasions grow publicly irritated, impatient, and handle things poorly from a PR point of view to an extent that no actual established company would do... But you can't really ask for more from a brand new indie company who is still getting things together, this kind of thing takes time. Random people wanting to make a project won't magically understand overnight how to handle things in all aspects of a company.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 07:26:58 pm by Tears of Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Ujin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2013, 07:24:43 pm »
+8

The problem is that the devs we have come from an indi background and not a corporate one, so you are not going to have the same training when dealing with the public, and multiple other problems that arise from the same lack of training. Case in point, we have a lot of great people for coding, but not a single one of the devs is worth a damn when it comes to PR and Technical Communication skills.
This has nothing to do with public relations or corporations. This is basic level human relations, politeness and decency. This is a small community where everyone knows each other pretty much.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2013, 07:28:49 pm »
+6
This has nothing to do with public relations or corporations. This is basic level human relations, politeness and decency. This is a small community where everyone knows each other pretty much.

He has a point, there is usually a layer between devs/programmers and the general public. Having potential personal access to the devs is both a blessing and a curse, really.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2013, 07:29:51 pm »
+3

Public relations has everything to do with this, if they present a perceived lack of "basic human level relations" then that is a PR problem. Some of our devs obviously display competence in coding, but a complete lack of training for talking to the public, and to be perfectly honest some brilliant people will always be rubbish when talking to people if they lack people skills to begin with.

Then we have the problem of Culture Shock, which is when one thing that passes normal in one culture is a complete mess for another, which again points to proper company training for such international arenas which the devs, naturally, lack.

An example is cmp, who knows his shit when it comes to Coding and is a great asset to the team, but has no business making any public announcements due to his personality (which is great for explaining problems to an internal team but rubbish for "making the public happy").

This is not some easy subject, from personal real world experience this is a very delicate subject that has dedicated professional personnel just for it. As this is an Indie company, you will have no such dedicated personnel and thus run the risk of some of your "brilliant in house talent" pissing off the public.

It does not matter if you are "right" it matters entirely on how you present yourself, which is an art that requires both natural talent and training.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 07:33:56 pm by Tears of Destiny »

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2013, 07:36:47 pm »
+3
In my opinion, the solution to this problem is to simply add new staff.

It's obvious that chadz n' company are working primarily on M:BG. I mean, why wouldn't they? Of course they're going to focus almost entirely on that project, and I'm grateful for that.

However, cRPG is beginning to feel neglected. I'm sure that the developers still care about cRPG. After all, it's their creation. Still, the rather small dev team can only do so much.

Since cRPG is on the way out, with the playerbase/community putting ten tons of effort into keeping the game alive, why not put on some more developers? Esteemed members of the community that are unlikely to abuse their power (an issue that's come up quite a lot recently). Of course there's always potential for catastrophe, but I'm not asking to put someone else in charge of cRPG. In fact, these new developers needn't even have admin powers, really.

I understand that it's quite a bit of effort to screen and choose your candidates. However, the difference between this effort and the effort required to add new content to cRPG is this effort required to add new developers really only needs to be expended a single time.

Seriously, I'm positive that cmp, chadz and the rest are absolutely sick of people acting like entitled babbies over a free mod. I'm quite guilty of acting like that as well. The only solutions to this problem seem to be adding new developers or officially withdrawing dev support of cRPG. The second option would more than likely make the largest consumer-base of M:BG supremely pissed off, so why not add some new developers?

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Ujin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2013, 07:42:38 pm »
He has a point, there is usually a layer between devs/programmers and the general public. Having potential personal access to the devs is both a blessing and a curse, really.
I guess you two do have a point after all. It's kind of ironic now that they're trying to work on that , but tbh i doubt they'll ever bother with cRPG.

Offline Ujin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2013, 07:49:25 pm »
+1
In my opinion, the solution to this problem is to simply add new staff.

It's obvious that chadz n' company are working primarily on M:BG. I mean, why wouldn't they? Of course they're going to focus almost entirely on that project, and I'm grateful for that.

However, cRPG is beginning to feel neglected. I'm sure that the developers still care about cRPG. After all, it's their creation. Still, the rather small dev team can only do so much.

Since cRPG is on the way out, with the playerbase/community putting ten tons of effort into keeping the game alive, why not put on some more developers? Esteemed members of the community that are unlikely to abuse their power (an issue that's come up quite a lot recently). Of course there's always potential for catastrophe, but I'm not asking to put someone else in charge of cRPG. In fact, these new developers needn't even have admin powers, really.

I understand that it's quite a bit of effort to screen and choose your candidates. However, the difference between this effort and the effort required to add new content to cRPG is this effort required to add new developers really only needs to be expended a single time.

Seriously, I'm positive that cmp, chadz and the rest are absolutely sick of people acting like entitled babbies over a free mod. I'm quite guilty of acting like that as well. The only solutions to this problem seem to be adding new developers or officially withdrawing dev support of cRPG. The second option would more than likely make the largest consumer-base of M:BG supremely pissed off, so why not add some new developers?
Now that i remember it , in my previous topic that was very related to these same issues that i created roughly over a year ago , i offered them our help and to hire some staff for the item team if the current one was too tied with their hands full .   Lol ? =)

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2013, 07:51:37 pm »
Well put, i'm also dying for the new items, and I am, like most of us, annoyed on how long it takes to add them. Allthough I doubt this will speed it up.  :mrgreen:
You have my "support" though, for whatever its worth, here! Have a +1!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 07:54:59 pm by Joseph_Porta »
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2013, 07:58:30 pm »
The items will be added with the next patch, with all the content presumably queued up ready to go.

Aka, lol.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Ubereem

• Count
  • Renown: 197
  • Infamy: 115
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2013, 08:16:32 pm »
imo they want this mod to die and soon. they know once MnB2 hits the player base will dwindle and now that they are working on their new top secret project I fear CRPG is on its last legs.
Jackson And No Bank

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2013, 08:19:15 pm »
+3
i just loved Shikes response on my request for custom made armor

i would even pay for this and prices are negotiable, but what i got was a troll feed back from a dev and i lost track of this afterwards for obvious reasons not even including the jungle people need to walk through when they already have quality stuff ready.

Back then i even would have considered to pay reallife money, but atm i am out of that so cRPG money or looms.
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline Ujin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2013, 08:27:14 pm »
That was quite a nap, lol, haven't been sleeping properly that month at all.

EDIT, my 2 cents:
Almost forgot, I re-checked the Textures folder for wrong format textures,people do tend to save textures in dxt3 or dxt5 instead of dxt1, on places where no other format is needed, because of lack of additional software or propper settings, in order to reduce pixelation and....bunch of other technical terms, anyways, did found some textures that slipped away, or I was too tired to convert them last time, it saves some space for textures, so here they are (just put them in cRPG->Textures folder):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lxpm7bdcsbq6klw/reformated%20textures.rar

and the original textures backup:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/a6zu0dmwlqp5h58/original%20textures.rar
50 mb of difference , thx mate 0_0.