Author Topic: My struggle with ironflesh.  (Read 4876 times)

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: My struggle with ironflesh.
« Reply #45 on: February 07, 2013, 02:52:55 pm »
+6
Getting hit by melee interrupts your attack, but it does not stun you. This means you're still capable to block or attack again immediately after you get interrupted.
Getting hit by ranged stuns you, breaking your attack and rendering you useless for the duration of the stun.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 07, 2013, 02:55:24 pm »
I reckon archers should have more opportunity to use melee...

I dont mind xbowman so much, cause they see you and aim, you dodge around and then they either hit or miss. Then its into a melee fight where you have an advantage. The xbowman trades some melee capability to allow him to take that shot first, but the back up plan is fighting after the shot for 99% of xbowman.

Archers dont do this, they kite and they stand on hills so they will never have to draw their melee weapon. The playstyle breeds a mentality in which player such as shokoshugi are brought into the game. Watching him, or robinhood, or any other archer just run and run and run; shooting arrows again and again until the opponent is dead is just a sad thing to see.

If you buff hybriding you will see fewer pure melee players. You hardly trade anything atm as a 1 slot xbowman, even 2 slot just means you get a slightly shorter weapon but its still high blunt with knockdown. There are no actual requirements, just people dump points into movement speed for kiting.

Archers can already take 1 quiver and use up to Yumi with any melee weapon they want. People just elect to take 2 quivers and the top damage bows because they are the best performers atm. You don't even need to kite if you do enough damage before enemies get close. Simply standing on a hill with a Longbow or Rus bow is enough deterrent to stop people approaching, you don't even need to kite when you 2 or 3 shot people.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 02:59:10 pm by Grumbs »
If you have ranged troubles use this:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #47 on: February 07, 2013, 02:58:16 pm »
+2
Instead of blaming him for saying "easy kill", blame all the archers than can`t melee shit.

for fuck sake, even GK`s can block more times than most archers..

Well. Maybe people do not like melee? And melee is not a must-do in this game. Melee is just one part of the game, as Archery and Cavalry is.
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 07, 2013, 03:04:05 pm »
Cavalry is a form of melee. They still have to get close and can be manually blocked. When dehorsed they become a regular melee guy

Ranged is not subject to the same PVP counters as melee/cav, thats what people find irritating about it. Its one sided and cheap and its the best skill equaliser in the game.
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline _GTX_

• I <3 Shemaforash
  • Duke
  • Renown: 535
  • Infamy: 960
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • O===((:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmarunionen
  • Game nicks: GTX
  • IRC nick: GTX
« Reply #49 on: February 07, 2013, 03:04:27 pm »
hehe.

why should one survive 3 arrows if he dies after 3 melee hits as well anyway. :)
You rly think that an arrow and a 2h/polearm should be the same dmg?  :rolleyes:

When you are attacking someone as a melee class, you are normally in a big danger. As a melee you can be hit by every class in the game, if you are dealing damage to someone (in most cases).

As an archer you are at a distance, and not in a huge danger. As an archer you might get hit by other ranged, and maybe the cav, if u are standing in a poor spot.

So basicly the risk/reward would be very unbalanced.

Offline Blueberry Muffin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 749
  • Infamy: 119
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2013, 03:06:16 pm »
So, you like having an advantage and getting an easy kill. So after all you are an archer as well. You say they run and they are not fair playing at all, but what you expect them to do, is dying. You seem to be concentrated on winning alone. Typical.

Nothing more to say.

No, as I said there is a tradeoff. The melee player with have the advantage of higher wpf and powerstrike than the xbowman. The crossbowman in return gets to fire a shot that might 1 hit or put you down to 10-30% hp. This is fair, the crossbowman has advantage at range whereas the melee will be better up close.

I was arguing for archer to have more melee capability, maybe you should reread my post before saying this. :D

If I cared only about winning I would say that the xbowman could not take his shot. :s
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 03:10:35 pm by Blueberry Muffin »
Lizard_Man: Fuck all that! Rather buy me 4 cans of Stella..
Cymro: Wife beater stella
Lizard_Man: It'll get ya drunk! You'll be fucking fat girls in no time! You might even fight a nigga or two! Mmmm-mmm, bitch!

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2013, 03:09:01 pm »
+2
Instead of blaming him for saying "easy kill", blame all the archers than can`t melee shit.

for fuck sake, even GK`s can block more times than most archers..
Guess what, most melees can't shoot shit.

"for fuck sake, even GK`s can shoot more times than most melees.."

Offline Mlekce

• Earl
  • Renown: 454
  • Infamy: 367
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove kebab
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard, ex Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Mlekce, Sergius
  • IRC nick: Mlekce
« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2013, 03:10:49 pm »
+2
Get a shiled muffn,everything is fine. -10 votes on my similar thread last night tells you to get shield even if you have one already.

Offline Prinz_Karl

• Earl
  • Renown: 383
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Fridericus_II
« Reply #53 on: February 07, 2013, 03:11:13 pm »
So, you like having an advantage and getting an easy kill. So after all you are an archer as well. You say they run and they are not fair playing at all, but what you expect them to do, is dying. You seem to be concentrated on winning alone. Typical.

Nothing more to say.

Mark that the crossbowman had a range advantage before, so ofcourse you will then have an advantage at melee. That's what he wanted to say.

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 07, 2013, 03:12:27 pm »
I've already posted this in another such thread, but I think making all quivers 2 slot would fix this problem.
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Panos

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 1319
  • Infamy: 551
  • cRPG Player
  • Hate for 2h kuyak my old friends.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Varangian Guard
  • Game nicks: Varangian_Panos
  • IRC nick: Panos
« Reply #55 on: February 07, 2013, 03:14:20 pm »
Guess what, most melees can't shoot shit.

"for fuck sake, even GK`s can shoot more times than most melees.."

Ranged is based moslty on luck than skill.

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
  • Renown: 1023
  • Infamy: 306
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Hermann_von_Krems
« Reply #56 on: February 07, 2013, 03:15:21 pm »
You rly think that an arrow and a 2h/polearm should be the same dmg?  :rolleyes:

When you are attacking someone as a melee class, you are normally in a big danger. As a melee you can be hit by every class in the game, if you are dealing damage to someone (in most cases).

As an archer you are at a distance, and not in a huge danger. As an archer you might get hit by other ranged, and maybe the cav, if u are standing in a poor spot.

So basicly the risk/reward would be very unbalanced.

This is 100% true. But you chose to take the higher risk, its not as if classes were assigned randomly.

Offline Blueberry Muffin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 749
  • Infamy: 119
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 07, 2013, 03:15:55 pm »
+2
Get a shiled muffn,everything is fine. -10 votes on my similar thread last night tells you to get shield even if you have one already.

Thing is I dont want to play shielder all the time, I also dont mind being shot by ranged. They are part of the game.

My post is more about how too much ranged has led me to a playstyle than I dont personally enjoy; and any other playstyle of a shieldless melee player is frankly not worth playing.
Lizard_Man: Fuck all that! Rather buy me 4 cans of Stella..
Cymro: Wife beater stella
Lizard_Man: It'll get ya drunk! You'll be fucking fat girls in no time! You might even fight a nigga or two! Mmmm-mmm, bitch!

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 801
  • Infamy: 219
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Quincy_XyNox
« Reply #58 on: February 07, 2013, 03:16:08 pm »
+4
I've already posted this in another such thread, but I think making all quivers 2 slot would fix this problem.

Or making all greatswords 5 slot

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 07, 2013, 03:16:13 pm »
+2
When an attack randomly glances off a guys 70 body armour and 10IF char, it also becomes based on luck :wink: