Author Topic: Nodachi overnerf  (Read 4797 times)

Offline Belmont

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Nodachi overnerf
« on: April 29, 2011, 03:12:52 pm »
+1
In 2.20 the Nodachi was overnerfed.

Current stats for the Nodachi, compared to other swords of the same "tier":

Difficulty: 16
Cut: 43
Pierce: 0, no thrust
Secondary Mode: none
Lenght: 122 (lost 3 length!)
Speed: 91 (lost 1 speed!)
Price: 13,766

Claymore:
Pierce: 22
Secondary Mode: yes
Lenght: 120
Speed: 92
Price: 12,857

Sword of War:
Difficulty: 15
Cut: 40
Pierce: 23
Secondary Mode: yes
Lenght: 121
Speed: 93
Price: 12,871

EDIT: Just noticed I forgot to write this topic in the Game Balance section. Could a mod please move it there?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 04:19:33 pm by Belmont »

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
Re: Nodachi overnerf
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2011, 03:24:32 pm »
Aha! There is absolutely no point to the nodachi anymore. It's like one of the 2K weapons you buy cause it has a really low requirement and you're not even level 10 yet... except that it's a high tier weapon with 16 str requirement.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline La Makina

• Knight
  • Renown: 26
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • Dedicated siege tower pusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2011, 03:43:50 pm »
I always feel there was something wrong with the nodachi length (a ghost reach that hit targets who looked actually out of range) but whatever... you are right, stats look a bit inconsistent now.

Offline Laufknoten

• Earl
  • Renown: 480
  • Infamy: 63
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • BOAT OF ANGER FLOATING ON THE SEA OF TEARS
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Felipe
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2011, 05:13:03 pm »
In 2.20 the Nodachi was overnerfed.

Current stats for the Nodachi, compared to other swords of the same "tier":

Pierce: 0, no thrust
Secondary Mode: none
Lenght: 122 (lost 3 length!)
Speed: 91
Price: 13,766
Pierce: 0, no thrust - It's not the only weapon without thrust.
Secondary Mode: none - Whos uses secondary mode?
Lenght: 122 (lost 3 length!) - still 122 lenght, more than many other 2h swords.
Speed: 91 - 91 is good speed, the claymore had 90 speed prepatch and it was still a fast weapon.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2011, 05:21:37 pm »
+1
Pierce: 0, no thrust - It's not the only weapon without thrust.
Secondary Mode: none - Whos uses secondary mode?
Lenght: 122 (lost 3 length!) - still 122 lenght, more than many other 2h swords.
Speed: 91 - 91 is good speed, the claymore had 90 speed prepatch and it was still a fast weapon.
I guess that's why it got  +2 speed with this patch, right ? Your logic is unbreakable.

Offline Yugop

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2011, 05:44:30 pm »
Still a very capable weapon. This mod's policy has always been to make Japanese gear a little overpriced to prevent too many people from using it.

Offline Magikarp

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
  • Gotta splash em all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merciless
  • Game nicks: Magikarp ; Merciless_Charlemagne
  • IRC nick: Magikarp
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2011, 05:47:25 pm »
Prepatch heirloomed was like a flamberge but without the sucky speed. Nerf was justified, I'd say make it cost less, it shouldnt be a top tier weapon at all.
Don't mind the fish.

Offline Ujin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2011, 05:57:41 pm »
+1
Still a very capable weapon. This mod's policy has always been to make Japanese gear a little overpriced to prevent too many people from using it.
That's true, it's still not bad. However, can we cut the good old "japanese gear should be worse just cause it's different" bc at least for once and look at the weapon just like we look at all other weapons, stat -wise and cost efficiency-wise , please ?

Magikarp, it wasn't any close to the flamberge, but let's skip that part. A nerf to the speed was expected , a nerf to the dmg was unexpected , but than again all weapons got their damage abit reduced so it's fine. But why the hell decrease the lenght of the weapon too ? Makes no sense to me at all.

So now claymore can do just  as much slashing dmg as nodachi + it also has the thrust attack and very decent speed. German/Danish are now longer  and even though the thrust attack is now slower, it is still 4 attack directions vs 3 of nodachi. Sword of war also looks like a very good option now (which is good). So, again... length nerf ?

Sorry but i call this an overnerf. And don't give me that "weeabo stuff should be unpopular" bullshit, i'm tired of it. We're discussing balance issues in top -tier 2handers branch here.

Offline Yugop

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2011, 06:10:55 pm »
I don't really know about the length. I've only heard of a length change when the hitbox didn't match the model. So imo either a dev thought it had some phantom range, either it's a mistake.
Still, if I was into playing a samurai, I wouldn't really mind having a few drawbacks, that's what makes it interesting, right ? I did the same with other kinds of characters, and I was kind of glad to be gimped (and it was far more gimped than what samurais have at the moment).

Offline Ujin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2011, 06:32:23 pm »
+1
I don't really know about the length. I've only heard of a length change when the hitbox didn't match the model. So imo either a dev thought it had some phantom range, either it's a mistake.
Still, if I was into playing a samurai, I wouldn't really mind having a few drawbacks, that's what makes it interesting, right ? I did the same with other kinds of characters, and I was kind of glad to be gimped (and it was far more gimped than what samurais have at the moment).
No offence, but is this the best argument you have ? Should i also be at a disadvantage if i want to play as a viking ? A templar? How is it decided exactly ?
Since the beggining of the Shogunate and until this month we haven't used shields, so we know a couple of things about disadvantages , yeah. Now,again- can we stop talking about how samurai stuff should be "gimped" and get back to the balancing topic ? 

Offline Yugop

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2011, 06:39:29 pm »
Ok. It's a good weapon, a bit too pricey, but fine. Exactly how it was meant to be. What are you exactly suggesting ?

Offline Belmont

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2011, 06:41:41 pm »
Ok. It's a good weapon, a bit too pricey, but fine. Exactly how it was meant to be. What are you exactly suggesting ?

Giving it back the +1 speed it lost after this patch would be more than enough. Right now it's completely inferior to the Claymore in all aspects.

Offline Magikarp

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
  • Gotta splash em all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merciless
  • Game nicks: Magikarp ; Merciless_Charlemagne
  • IRC nick: Magikarp
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2011, 06:44:27 pm »
Ujin, funny how you missed my whole point.

Nodachi shouldn't be a top tier weapon at all imo! Make it cost less, problem fixed.
The damage on heirloomed nodachis was way too high for a speedy weapon, that's what was wrong with it prepatch.
Don't mind the fish.

Offline Belmont

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2011, 06:58:31 pm »
Ujin, funny how you missed my whole point.

Nodachi shouldn't be a top tier weapon at all imo! Make it cost less, problem fixed.
The damage on heirloomed nodachis was way too high for a speedy weapon, that's what was wrong with it prepatch.

The high damage was not exclusive to the Nodachi, almost all heirloomed weapons had insane amounts of damage, especially Danish/German Greatswords.

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2011, 07:05:27 pm »
+1
I think he's suggesting it not replicated the Claymore exactly, except for the fact that the Claymore has a thrust. From a Min/Max standpoint, using the same argument all the people crying about heirlooms use, it's simply not fair. It's not balanced. The Claymore is clearly the better weapon, both weapons are designed for the same thing, except the Claymore can do everything the Nodachi can do, except it can also do more. Where there isn't a single thing the Nodachi has that the Claymore doesn't have.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character