Author Topic: Nodachi overnerf  (Read 4798 times)

Offline Radix

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • I blind my enemies with pure awesomenes
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Radox_II
Re: Nodachi overnerf
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2011, 12:42:37 am »
In the first place, danish sword is better because..... it was just better, Im sorry but I can not imagine Nodachi being used for thrusting, also nodachi was an extemely heavy weapon only for the storngests of Samurai. Give me a reason why Nodachi should be better than anything else?? because u like ur samurai outfit and aditionaly want to have best sword?? there are two types of players in this case: those who dont give a fuck about outfit and wear anything just to have better stats and those who creates cool outfit what force them sometimes to choose the worse weapon/armor, thats ur choice. Just because u want to look cool u want to buff stats of ur beloved nodachi, well I would like arbaled to be buffed not because it looks cool and I want to EQ it but because I have no other choice and its still preety useless.

And someone mentioned something about cRPG's policy of exotic items being medium tier, I dont think its exactly this way, Japanese armours and weapons were just medium in comparison to XV-XVI century European ones. In fact Japanese Katanas would be useless in European Medival reality, but thats something to what cRPG close its eye for poeple like u who love japanese style.

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2011, 01:10:56 am »
+1
In the first place, danish sword is better because..... it was just better, Im sorry but I can not imagine Nodachi being used for thrusting, also nodachi was an extemely heavy weapon only for the storngests of Samurai. Give me a reason why Nodachi should be better than anything else?? because u like ur samurai outfit and aditionaly want to have best sword?? there are two types of players in this case: those who dont give a fuck about outfit and wear anything just to have better stats and those who creates cool outfit what force them sometimes to choose the worse weapon/armor, thats ur choice. Just because u want to look cool u want to buff stats of ur beloved nodachi, well I would like arbaled to be buffed not because it looks cool and I want to EQ it but because I have no other choice and its still preety useless.

And someone mentioned something about cRPG's policy of exotic items being medium tier, I dont think its exactly this way, Japanese armours and weapons were just medium in comparison to XV-XVI century European ones. In fact Japanese Katanas would be useless in European Medival reality, but thats something to what cRPG close its eye for poeple like u who love japanese style.
"Facepalm"

Offline Belmont

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2011, 01:13:43 am »

Nowhere did I state that the Nodachi should have a thrust attack because it would be silly (a long time ago it had a thrust attack). I also don't know where you get the idea that I want the Nodachi to be "better than anything else" because it is inferior to many of the European swords (and rightly so). The only objective this topic has it to give the Nodachi back the one speed point it lost because it is now outclassed by the cheaper Claymore in all aspects. Even though I created this topic I do not use the Nodachi, I use a Mighty German Poleaxe.

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2011, 01:27:04 am »
I think the nodachi is considered to be an exotic weapon for cRPG. That's why it stats have to be a bit sub par to keep its number down on the battlefield. Real weeabos will still use it while the min-max mass will more likely use other weapons.
Why not just make the upkeep way higher? Making the upkeep higher seems like that's the best possible use for upkeep. What about the Min-Max Weeaboos? Must they choose between one or the other, rather than playing higher upkeep, to steer people who aren't a weeaboo away from the nodachi? With a higher upkeep, if you're a Min-Maxer, you're not going to buy an item if it's identical to another but the upkeep is 5-10K higher.

"Facepalm"
And sadly it seems that these people I'm facepalming at (with you), hold just as much weight with their ideas on the forums, even though they don't ever post a single logical argument.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 01:29:33 am by Tydeus »
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Radix

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • I blind my enemies with pure awesomenes
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Radox_II
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2011, 01:30:50 am »
. Nodachi deserves to be a "top tier" weapon because it does not have the unbalanced tag like the War Cleaver

well ok I didnt mean better than anything else but still dont think it should be a top tier weapon.

And sadly it seems that these people I'm facepalming at (with you), hold just as much weight with their ideas on the forums, even though they don't ever post a single logical argument

Perhaps it is difficult to find a logical argument to comment on something so not logical as Japanese stuff in Medieval game.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 01:34:26 am by Radix »

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2011, 01:38:25 am »
Perhaps it is difficult to find a logical argument to comment on something so not logical as Japanese stuff in Medieval game.
I'd agree with this statement a bit, but the devs chose to put it in the game to begin with, it's not like the game is truly medieval anyway. Warband is based in a fictional world.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Renown: 1067
  • Infamy: 90
  • Zen
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan Ninja
  • Game nicks: Khorin/Keyoke/Lujan
  • IRC nick: Khorin
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2011, 01:42:46 am »
In a fictional world with japanese weapons.
http://mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Strange_set

Offline Tavuk_Bey

• Earl
  • Renown: 409
  • Infamy: 233
  • cRPG Player
  • herrroo, my näym iz bokkkseee änd i'm fukken ugry
    • View Profile
  • Faction: bashibazouk, the official jihad clan
  • Game nicks: tavuk
  • IRC nick: Minister of Shitstorm
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2011, 03:21:08 am »
I want the heirlooms on my nodachi back. my build is always 15 str - 21 agi, now my gameplay is ruined :(
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

roast and roast again until lambs become kebab

Offline MrShovelFace

• Baron
  • Renown: 119
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • Nobody cares about who I am or what I think
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2011, 07:59:01 am »
some people consider the lack of a thrust a good thing as opposed to the whimpy 22p thrust that is resigned to glancing if not properly used
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 08:01:03 am by MrShovelFace »
Nobody cares about who I am or what I think

Offline weight

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Basileia ton Romaion
  • Game nicks: Fatty
« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2011, 11:07:07 am »
some people consider the lack of a thrust a good thing as opposed to the whimpy 22p thrust that is resigned to glancing if not properly used

No one said that they want a thrust on the nodachi. They are just trying to point out that the nodachi got overnerfed.

Offline Fluffy_Muffin

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 429
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tribunal
  • Game nicks: Vivec_the_Poet
  • IRC nick: Umbra
« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2011, 11:46:54 am »
The nondachi was nerfed because when they removed the lolstab it was anticipated that most people would just switch to cutting power, and the best one was nondachi.

It will probably stay like this.

Judging by the balacers logic (im just guessing) i would say that they wanted the people to keep their european swods.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 11:50:44 am by Fluffy_Muffin »
Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.

Offline UrLukur

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2011, 04:17:50 pm »
No one said that they want a thrust on the nodachi. They are just trying to point out that the nodachi got overnerfed.
They are trying to imply that trading 2 range for 1 speed means the weapon is useless. It's not. It's a good weapon for those who don't like thrusts, about on par with claymore. It shouldn't be better imo, but cheaper by 1k or something close to it.
"Clava curva pie vinco"

Offline Ujin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2011, 10:28:18 pm »
+1
So, all the weeabo hate and "it's supposed to be gimped cause it's an exotic weapon (so are the danish greatswords/claymores if you ask me,were used just as much probably)" arguments aside, can we negotiate on either +1 speed or a 1k price reduction for nodachi ?   I think people are grown-up enough to choose if they want to use nodachi or not (most people don't take it anyway cause they don't like the "weeaboo stuff") , there's no need to make the weapon subpar compared to the other choices.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 10:45:24 pm by Shogunate_Ujin »

Offline Magikarp

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
  • Gotta splash em all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merciless
  • Game nicks: Magikarp ; Merciless_Charlemagne
  • IRC nick: Magikarp
« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2011, 10:37:36 pm »
Like I said reduce the price of the weapon, it's no longer needed as a high tier weapon.
Don't mind the fish.

Offline Ujin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2011, 10:39:48 pm »
Like I said reduce the price of the weapon, it's no longer needed as a high tier weapon.
It's just one of the opinions though. Oh and by the way, i have nothing against the nerf reduction for danish/german and the flamberge too.