Author Topic: Nodachi overnerf  (Read 4799 times)

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
Re: Nodachi overnerf
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2011, 07:19:27 pm »
I think the nodachi is considered to be an exotic weapon for cRPG. That's why it stats have to be a bit sub par to keep its number down on the battlefield. Real weeabos will still use it while the min-max mass will more likely use other weapons.

Offline Belmont

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2011, 07:26:11 pm »
I think the nodachi is considered to be an exotic weapon for cRPG. That's why it stats have to be a bit sub par to keep its number down on the battlefield. Real weeabos will still use it while the min-max mass will more likely use other weapons.

Giving it the +1 speed it lost from the patch back wouldn't change this because the Claymore would still be better.

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2011, 07:33:18 pm »
+1
I'm sorry, this point is completely invalid. I see tincans running around with nodachis, vikings with nodachis, saracens with nodachis and they probably could care less if it fits or not. Most people use it cause they like how it looks or they like the stats, not cause they're "weeabos". They go to the crpg website, browse through weapons and choose it from the great variety of swords there is.

Only the items team treats it overwise- "it should be nerfed cause OMG IT CAN BECOME TOO POPULAR, WE DON'T LIKE WEEABOO STUFF!!!!". Well, sorry, you should stop caring about it so much and consentrate more on the actual item balance.

By the way , the new russian stuff looks awesome, you better nerf it before it becomes too popular and everyone runs around in slavic armors. Just following your logic, alright .

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • Renown: 129
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Thucydides
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2011, 07:36:44 pm »
So there will be no Ancient Greek weapons and armor coming in the future? BUT WHY? :cry:

Offline Magikarp

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
  • Gotta splash em all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merciless
  • Game nicks: Magikarp ; Merciless_Charlemagne
  • IRC nick: Magikarp
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2011, 07:38:12 pm »
I'm sorry, this point is completely invalid. I see tincans running around with nodachis, vikings with nodachis, saracens with nodachis and they probably could care less if it fits or not. Most people use it cause they like how it looks or they like the stats, not cause they're "weeabos". They go to the crpg website, browse through weapons and choose it from the great variety of swords there is.

Only the items team treats it overwise- "it should be nerfed cause OMG IT CAN BECOME TOO POPULAR, WE DON'T LIKE WEEABOO STUFF!!!!". Well, sorry, you should stop caring about it so much and consentrate more on the actual item balance.

By the way , the new russian stuff looks awesome, you better nerf it before it becomes too popular and everyone runs around in slavic armors. Just following your logic, alright .
BS, like I said, the weapon shouldn't be top tier at all. THe damage it did was ridiculous.

Stop trying to buff your clan again, lowering the repair bill is the only fix I see here.
Don't mind the fish.

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2011, 07:41:59 pm »
BS, like I said, the weapon shouldn't be top tier at all. THe damage it did was ridiculous.

Stop trying to buff your clan again, lowering the repair bill is the only fix I see here.
Oh wow, the anwers are getting more and more ridiculous. The damage it dealt was equal to many other non-weeabo weapons, including danish/germans lolstabs . Now get the hell out of here and come back with something more solid than " stop buffing your clan".

Offline Magikarp

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • Gotta splash em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2011, 08:16:23 pm »
The damage it dealt was equal to many other non-weeabo weapons, including danish/germans lolstabs .
I find your answer amusing, I know a lot of you Shogunate fellas have a Masterwork Nodachi. Those guys all sported 7 powerstrike+, swung their swords way too fast and dealt more damage than a flamberge. Balanced? Hah.
Don't mind the fish.

Offline Belmont

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2011, 08:29:41 pm »
I find your answer amusing, I know a lot of you Shogunate fellas have a Masterwork Nodachi. Those guys all sported 7 powerstrike+, swung their swords way too fast and dealt more damage than a flamberge. Balanced? Hah.

While a Masterwork Nodachi had 48 cut it had no thrust attack. A Masterwork Danish Greatsword had 45 cut and 30 pierce with the same speed. Should be quite easy to see that the Nodachi was not overpowered when you take a few seconds to remember how ridiculously fast the old thrust animation was. (Also, a normal Flamberge deals exactly 48 cut damage, is longer and also has a thrust attack, not sure how it is possible to deal more damage than a Flamberge if they had the same cut damage.)

Offline Magikarp

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • Gotta splash em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2011, 08:33:04 pm »
While a Masterwork Nodachi had 48 cut it had no thrust attack. A Masterwork Danish Greatsword had 45 cut and 30 pierce with the same speed. Should be quite easy to see that the Nodachi was not overpowered when you take a few seconds to remember how ridiculously fast the old thrust animation was. (Also, a normal Flamberge deals exactly 48 cut damage, is longer and also has a thrust attack, not sure how it is possible to deal more damage than a Flamberge if they had the same cut damage.)
And you think that damage was fine? Haha
Don't mind the fish.

Offline Belmont

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2011, 08:34:41 pm »
And you think that damage was fine? Haha

3 extra cut damage or 30 pierce, what is better? Answer is obvious.

Offline Magikarp

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • Gotta splash em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2011, 08:44:20 pm »
3 extra cut damage or 30 pierce, what is better? Answer is obvious.
Comparing the OPness of one item with another is't exactly helping you win this discussion.

Both deserved a nerf.
Don't mind the fish.

Offline Belmont

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2011, 08:47:47 pm »
Both deserved a nerf.

Exactly. The Nodachi was overnerfed. The main reason why most weapons became OP is because of the heirloom modifiers which were nerfed.

EDIT: Or rather than overnerfed I should say made useless by the buffed Claymore.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 08:56:48 pm by Belmont »

Offline Techno

• Count
  • Renown: 212
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Gecko
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2011, 11:11:10 pm »
I still do fine with gen 1 nodachi

the only problem is i was planning on using it a more Agi build next gen but meh.

Offline Magikarp

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • Gotta splash em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2011, 11:43:27 pm »
Exactly. The Nodachi was overnerfed. The main reason why most weapons became OP is because of the heirloom modifiers which were nerfed.

EDIT: Or rather than overnerfed I should say made useless by the buffed Claymore.
Not overnerfed, overpriced.
Don't mind the fish.

Offline Belmont

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2011, 12:26:26 am »
Not overnerfed, overpriced.

There is already a weapon that has really good cut damage and no thrust at a lower price point. Nodachi deserves to be a "top tier" weapon because it does not have the unbalanced tag like the War Cleaver. Lowering the price too much will make it overlap with the War Cleaver, giving it back the one speed point it lost will make it worth the price tag.