Author Topic: why nerf gen bonus?  (Read 5060 times)

Offline tankmen

• Knight
  • Renown: 65
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
why nerf gen bonus?
« on: April 29, 2011, 08:48:00 am »
who the fuck did that bother? honestly did my gen bonus help me kill faster? now i get 51% less xp .... im lower than i was when this xp system came out
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 01:13:25 pm by Kalam »
The purpose of wearing plate has become nothing more than crippling yourself to look like a knight... or maybe its my lack of athletics

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • Renown: 129
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Thucydides
Re: why nerf gen bonus?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2011, 08:50:36 am »
so people can't powerlevel and heirloom everything. People were complaining about how easy it was to level up so this is what happened.

Offline tankmen

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2011, 08:52:07 am »
and that easy to level up ? harmed people how? seriously ....
The purpose of wearing plate has become nothing more than crippling yourself to look like a knight... or maybe its my lack of athletics

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2011, 08:55:17 am »
Except, like the last attempt to "fix" the issue retirement/heirlooming causes, this simply punishes those of us that DIDN'T take advantage of a broken system while leaving those that did with all of their gains intact.

IE:  Low gen/new players are fucked, and the gen 10+'s already have a shit ton of gains.

This would have been better if combined with a gen wipe, and heirloom wipe so everyone is on the same page with the same grind and same gen-xp bonus to work with.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 08:56:45 am by Gorath »
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2011, 08:55:38 am »
because gen 70+ characters have triple heirloomed everything
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Siboire

• Knight
  • Renown: 43
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
  • Sergentariá D'armas
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Occitan
  • Game nicks: Occitan_FullMetalJacket
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2011, 09:01:10 am »
Except, like the last attempt to "fix" the issue retirement/heirlooming causes, this simply punishes those of us that DIDN'T take advantage of a broken system while leaving those that did with all of their gains intact.

IE:  Low gen/new players are fucked, and the gen 10+'s already have a shit ton of gains.

This would have been better if combined with a gen wipe, and heirloom wipe so everyone is on the same page with the same grind and same gen-xp bonus to work with.

+1

Offline tankmen

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2011, 09:01:40 am »
i honestly feel like i do when i play any game and i get hella far and my progress is lost for w/e reason.... im back at square one, shit xp, shit build since cavs dead, shit gold since i lost 35k+

honestly id give up cav to get this repair shit fixed and get my xp back...

to goraths comment* no id quit n i know many people would too if gens were wiped as well as heirlooms

Offline Devilize

• Baron
  • Renown: 125
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
  • GOD WILLS IT!!!
    • View Profile
    • cRPG_NA Server info
  • Faction: Knights Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Devilize, Hospitaller_Devil_Eyez
  • IRC nick: Devilize
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2011, 09:03:01 am »
The biggest issue I have with this is that for months dedicated players have been putting their time helping this mod grow via testing, bug submitting, submitting guides, creating sub mods, ect... In thank you we were supplied with a small reward for our dedication, then they strip it down as a slap in the face.

I get the reasoning for it, however, there are other methods to be utilized for the same outcome. We dont want to have to bust our asses just to get to 30 but if you want us to bust our asses to get to 31 for a hierloom then that can be solved with a dynamic lvl cap which causes the amount of exp needed to be earned to lvl from 30 to 31 and beyond increased based on the gen. This way the difficulty of retiring for an heirloom stays stagnant yet we get to enjoy the benefits of lvling quickly.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2011, 09:05:54 am »
i honestly feel like i do when i play any game and i get hella far and my progress is lost for w/e reason.... im back at square one, shit xp, shit build since cavs dead, shit gold since i lost 35k+

You have no real room to complain very much.  You already took advantage of broken systems and now have triple heirloomed items in spades.  Feel glad that you even have that bullshit.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline tankmen

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2011, 09:11:59 am »
lol yes because my triple heirlooms.. what kept me alive longer? i have a fully loomed charger, ive seen it be one shot by a greatsword. i have fully heirloom chest, i get 2 shot half the time, again by 2h. the only things that seem to be worth heirlooming were weapons, and now my lance is use less and i have nothing to use my xbow with since im not 1h atm.... heirlooms are nothing special, ive killed goretooth in his fully heir loomed set with a non heirloomed great maul(love that its 20 str with 1 less weight...) and broken system ? wtf i didn't do anything differently than any one else. i played n guess what i hit 31, why go on to 32 when i can retire n heirloom n try a new build. but no i get judge cause i have heirlooms. cool story bro....

Offline Brutal

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 24
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Pecores_Brutal_le chacal Cold_stone Bazooka
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2011, 09:24:12 am »
What exactly are you complaining about ?

You're saying heirloom are useless, but you're whining because you can't get heirloom as easy as before ?
mmmmhh....

Offline tankmen

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2011, 09:26:24 am »
a trophy is useless no? well i fucking want my version of a trophy easier

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • Climbing in yo window, snatching yo people up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2011, 09:57:16 am »
What exactly are you complaining about ?

You're saying heirloom are useless, but you're whining because you can't get heirloom as easy as before ?
mmmmhh....

the logic is strong in this one.

100% agree gorath's earlier post!
So with PT >10 stones become simple too effective
:lol:

Offline Patricia

• Baron
  • Renown: 108
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2011, 10:11:16 am »
It's to make the newbies not able to retire, so while all the high gens already have their entire equipment triple heirloomed, all the new guy have to play for weeks and weeks just to get 1 heirloom and still give us a penalty after that.

This game is elitist.

Offline Joseph

• Knight
  • Renown: 26
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • I am your worst french nightmare.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2011, 10:13:41 am »
It's to make the newbies not able to retire, so while all the high gens already have their entire equipment triple heirloomed, all the new guy have to play for weeks and weeks just to get 1 heirloom and still give us a penalty after that.

This game is elitist.

Like in real life you mean?
"Dam those peasants bite hard"