Author Topic: This double hit business  (Read 17550 times)

Offline Kato

• Count
  • Renown: 227
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: This double hit business
« Reply #165 on: January 10, 2013, 09:13:27 pm »
+5
This isn't about M:BG. Just saying.

Its about how devs thinks about combat mechanics.

And this break (not matter how much) basic rule of combat that make warband so successful. And its great rule, at least for this engine.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 09:19:15 pm by Kato »

Offline Akryn

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 3
  • I will undoubtedly accidentally team-hit you.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Akryn
« Reply #166 on: January 10, 2013, 09:19:35 pm »
EU1 server rest. What was changed this time?
Blinky the Arabian Warhorse:  2009-2012
Winky the Destrier:                2012-present

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 10, 2013, 09:22:26 pm »
+4
cmp, do you think it's good that both players take damage when one player times their attack better than the other?

It's kinda hilarious that currently you not only have to be better than your opponent and hit him first, you have to be much better, otherwise you can lose and die because the other guy had more hp/str/ps... Though you were better  :rolleyes:

Its about how devs thinks about combat mechanics.

I'm happy for devs that they didn't implement this feature before 6th...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 10, 2013, 09:22:42 pm »
+2
Dont wonder why the devs dont give patchnote or directly discuss with the playerbase when they get flamed and insulted like this each time the game is changed a little bit  :|

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #169 on: January 10, 2013, 09:25:14 pm »
Dont wonder why the devs dont give patchnote or directly discuss with the playerbase when they get flamed and insulted like this each time the game is changed a little bit  :|
This is a little bit for you, it's a huge bit for people with lower armor ratings and agi builds, but eh, fuck, I barely ever set foot into the cesspit known as EU_1 so I'm fine.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Tore

• Item Manager
  • Renown: 882
  • Infamy: 329
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 10, 2013, 09:25:45 pm »
mod is dead nazi swastika

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 10, 2013, 09:28:12 pm »
+6
I'm just left scratching my head sometimes when the devs talk about mechanics with no skill ceiling and then continually make changes like this.
And how!

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #172 on: January 10, 2013, 09:35:19 pm »
+8
Horrible change as far as lancer cav goes, the time window between getting hit and hitting was always very small, this means charging aware infantry has become almost prohibitively dangerous, even lone isolated ones. 2h inf? The arabian horse is made out of glass and one good 2h thrust means death, which you could avoid by stabbing them first. This is no longer the case. The effect on cav vs cav fighting has already been mentioned by a few others, and I'd tend to agree with most of it.

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #173 on: January 10, 2013, 09:49:40 pm »
+1
not to mention the fact that lancing or couching someone rarely kills them :D i can only play lancer on NA1 now.
my shielder char keeps dying to being hit after i hit and my pole arm char gets shot to hell. think its siege and na1 from now on :(
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline ROHYPNOL

• Earl
  • Renown: 361
  • Infamy: 127
  • Poor Washing Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 10, 2013, 09:59:50 pm »
+5
IF you even care to hear a response from someone that has not played this system yet.. and/or i hope not to.. I think that doing this change is taking away from an already great melee system.. by doing this it only makes the game easier for less skilled players.. this is going to make people just want to spam even more IMO.. I do understand that making changes is good just to test them out.. but sir i must tell you this is probably a bad one

not to mention the fact that lancing or couching someone rarely kills them :D i can only play lancer on NA1 now.
my shielder char keeps dying to being hit after i hit and my pole arm char gets shot to hell. think its siege and na1 from now on :(
Btw I agree that this probably makes lancing really funny.. Hit them and they still destory  you because normally its so close anyway
Quote from: Jeade
you're rough around the edges.
This is the reason people don't like you if anyone ever did.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #175 on: January 10, 2013, 10:01:43 pm »
This is a dispicable nerf to skill... Being just a tad faster, having slightly better footwork so your hit lands first... Totally useless now since you'll get hit now anyway  :(

I thought this was just some WSE2 lag or something, but I guess it was intended?

Str +Plate Armor + Max IF ftw?
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #176 on: January 10, 2013, 10:07:02 pm »
+1
btw stop with the realism bs :D yes the two lances wouldn't stop moving but you can do this crazy thing called blocking with a shield while you attack ^^ without that its just suicide to lance another lancer
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 10, 2013, 10:36:55 pm »
+3
I'm not really sure what I think yet, need more time to adapt and see how it changes gameplay. For things like this though it would be good to see early on what the dev's intention is with the feature. If people can see the reasoning behind it they might be more supportive, even if the feature doesn't end up working out as intended.

I'll take any communicate we can get from devs though, just saying if theres an overall plan for a feature, why not just put it out there in plain english and avoid the hostility with people trying to argue a point without even knowing what the main goal is for the feature. Is it to speed up combat? Make it more skillful? It which ways (i'm not saying it doesn't just saying more clear communication would go a long way to reducing hostility from people).

If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #178 on: January 10, 2013, 10:59:26 pm »
+2
btw stop with the realism bs :D

The most interesting fact is that you and like hundreds of other Einsteins who keep saying things like "screw realism" & "balance > realism" keep playing this exact game precisely because its as close to realistic medieval combat simulation as it gets. Yes, its engine is limited (is it Taleworlds fault that none of these "Indies" could do any better during the last 2-3 years and they all think they can do it on their own, without taking the best of Warband and expanding/improving it but they rather make completely new pieces of crap) and there is tons of things in this game you could question (which will hopefully get "fixed" with this new project that you're all so eager about) but its the best there is atm: no elves, no magic, no fantasy bullshit in its core. Try denying that fact and I'll (without a shred of remorse) call every single one of you a moron, which you undoubtedly will turn out to be. Just saying.  :wink:
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Renown: 1178
  • Infamy: 158
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: Elindor
« Reply #179 on: January 10, 2013, 10:59:48 pm »
+1
If people can see the reasoning behind it they might be more supportive, even if the feature doesn't end up working out as intended.

I agree with this.
Elindor, Archon of the Holy Guard
Holy Guard Thread :HERE
Banner Shop : HERE // Map Thread : HERE